Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA & AA JFK T8 joint operations to begin Dec 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orbitmic
New T8 lounges have been shown to the press and will open on 1 December.

For access rule: see post 161 - Basically, access follows pre-move BA and AA rules for JFK: FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA & AA JFK T8 joint operations to begin Dec 2022

JFK T8 Lounge Map
Greenwich Lounge (former AA Flagship Lounge), above Gate 12: BAEC Silver and Club World
Soho Lounge, above Gates 14-20: BAEC Gold
Chelsea Lounge, above Gates 14-20: BAEC GGL, First

For food and drink,
- Chelsea gets restaurant style food, comprehensive Champagne menu with 14 different Champagne inlcluding Krug, Ruinart, etc, 3 sparkling wines, and cocktail menu as well as a wine table
- Soho gets food that can be ordered with QR codes (as in GF) and a cocktail bar
- Greenwich gets self-service wine table, drinks, and buffet food.
For Chelsea menus for December 2022: see post 181 FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA & AA JFK T8 joint operations to begin Dec 2022

Specific lounge threads
There are now lounge specific threads for all three lounges:
Chelsea: British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8 - FlyerTalk Forums
Soho: British Airways and American Airlines Soho Lounge - JFK Terminal 8 - FlyerTalk Forums
Greenwich: British Airways and American Airlines Greenwich Lounge - JFK Terminal 8 - FlyerTalk Forums

External resources
Zach Griff (TPG), 29 Nov 2022

Print Wikipost

BA & AA JFK T8 joint operations to begin Dec 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Genius1
My understanding is the ‘most exclusive lounge’ will be the equivalent of the CCR, the ‘premium lounge’ will be the equivalent of the First lounge, and the ‘contiguous lounge’ will be the equivalent of the Club lounge.

There will still be three classes of lounge, albeit shared by AA equivalents.
Flagship lounge access was a big bonus for OW Sapphires. I hope the new ‘Club’ lounge is a significant step up from your average Admirals Club (AC)

I did see reference to AA retaining an AC in T8. So perhaps that will remain for AA domestic pax, and the new ‘Club’ lounge will be a genuine international J lounge.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:57 am

One other thing, I hope this doesn't affect OW Sapphires getting Flagship Lounge access across the AA network.

Massive difference to any Admirals Clubs out there.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:57 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
  • The most exclusive lounge will have an all-new champagne bar, fireside lounge and a la carte dining room, which reimagines American’s Flagship First Dining into a fully immersive experience.
  • Adjacent, another premium lounge — with sweeping airside views, a wine bar, cocktail lounge, library and buffet — will offer an elevated, lively experience.
Does the First Experience mean immersive as in seeming to surround the audience, player, so that one feel completely involved in? How does one feel completely involved in a La-Di-Da (as my old Mum would put it) Lounge? It sounds slightly sensual.

The second description could indeed fit that which I have heard about the Mile High Club.

Igenue I may be but this cannot be just hyperbolic blather surely?
chucko, ExpatExp, SxMan and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Does the First Experience mean immersive as in seeming to surround the audience, player, so that one feel completely involved in? How does one feel completely involved in a La-Di-Da (as my old Mum would put it) Lounge? It sounds slightly sensual.

The second description could indeed fit that which I have heard about the Mile High Club.

Igenue I may be but this cannot be just hyperbolic blather surely?
Immersive because you’ll only be surrounded by F pax and GGLs/CKs? No longer having to wade through the mass of J pax to get to FFD 😁
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Maybe we get proper TSA Pre benefits at T8. At T7(at least in 2019, we still had to remove laptops etc. given how they handled TSA Pre and the small priority security line didn't have it at all)
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Executive Club; easyJet Plus
Enhancements!

BA seem to be planning to take “enhancements” to the next level by “enhancing” away dedicated British Airways lounges and a uniquely British experience in their most important overseas destination/departure airport.

Co-location at LHR T3 has never meant AA removing their American offering and, while being co-terminus with AA in T8 makes perfect sense, I really feel let down by BA with this planned implementation.

To allude to Robert Brooke - that corner of a foreign airport that is forever England and attributes a unique USP BA offering being lost on this most important route is a sad loss and retrograde step.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:09 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by krispy84
Immersive because you’ll only be surrounded by F pax and GGLs/CKs? No longer having to wade through the mass of J pax to get to FFD 😁
Oh Thank You Sugar. I was afraid that I might have to surmount a writhing mass of men. Well, I wasn't really afraid as I quite like challenges. Now you put at rest my mind that I shall be among equals rather than the Great Unwashed outside. Next you will doubtless tell me why they do not eat cake.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Considering a lot of the "British" experience with BA these days is nothing to be proud of, I'm looking forward to this.
I've been flying AA from JFK recently as I prefer the T8 experience.
Hopefully I'll be GGL later this year, so will get to experience everything during a pre-Xmas trip.

Is the terminal actually big enough to add BA planes on top of AA's own? What of any partners? Would mention CX, but not sure of their situation.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:18 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Cw novice
One other thing, I hope this doesn't affect OW Sapphires getting Flagship Lounge access across the AA network.

Massive difference to any Admirals Clubs out there.
That is so true. Recent experience in Admirals Club in Tampa - the only complimentary beer was Coors Light on tap. All other drinks were charged. Food was just about non-existent; just a tapas selection.

In contrast, the Flagship Lounge in Miami was pretty good.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Cw novice
I wonder if the next announcement will be that this will be reciprocated in T5 along with have the Customs/Immigration Pre Clearance done there.
I don't think that's going to happen.

rb211.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by xenole

Is the terminal actually big enough to add BA planes on top of AA's own? What of any partners? Would mention CX, but not sure of their situation.
There will be 2 new contact stands added at the end of the current terminal, plus 3 remote stands for BA to bus passengers to.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
well this is certainly exciting. and i am surprised how the renderings are very much in the BA style language more than the AA style language.

all this lounge language does make it seem we will have three options with the highest being similar to CCR with a standard flagship style lounge and of course then normal AC left alone in terminal C -- and i gather they will use all the lounge space upstairs in the area with the current flagship lounge?

what im stressed by is the temporary closure of flagship first check in as the exit door is direct to the TSA pre check agents which is the best feature of that checkin!
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
I wonder if the "most exclusive" lounge will be called the Premier Lounge? Just a thought from this thread: Flagship Business Plus??? - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, HHonors
Can T8 accommodate A380s?
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:40 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Travelling next December is certainly going to be exciting. I for one am going to watch from a distance to see what BA have learnt from their opening of T5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.