Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by golfmad
My three flights from November 7th on AA all posted today without me chasing them so that's 17 days post flight. I think if you're patient you'll see yours post too within a week or two.
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
I’d second this. Flights are still making their way through the system and personally I wouldn’t panic for a week or so yet.
Thanks for the peace of mind, folks. I've maybe not flown enough recently to know the new normal.
​​​​​​
Old Nov 24, 2021, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Is there a workaround to see reward availability? I don't want to book a cash ticket and reduce the price with avios I want to book reward flights but I have seen nothing but "something went wrong" since the 17th when trying to search for availability. It seems other people can see availability, I have no problems logging into my account, but neither of the options on the Reward Availability option page work for me. This is incredibly frustrating.

Thanks in advance
Bob
Old Nov 25, 2021, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Bobbex
Is there a workaround to see reward availability? I don't want to book a cash ticket and reduce the price with avios I want to book reward flights but I have seen nothing but "something went wrong" since the 17th when trying to search for availability. It seems other people can see availability, I have no problems logging into my account, but neither of the options on the Reward Availability option page work for me. This is incredibly frustrating.

Thanks in advance
Bob
I can see reward availability in the app (IOS). Haven’t tried on the website.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Is there a workaround to see reward availability?
have a look at https://www.seatspy.com/
lsquare and Bobbex like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 2:04 am

Thanks. Good to know that there is availability but I can't see it on the website. I think there's a massive problem with my account.

Bob
Old Nov 25, 2021, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Is there a workaround to see reward availability? ... It seems other people can see availability, I have no problems logging into my account, but neither of the options on the Reward Availability option page work for me. This is incredibly frustrating.
Do you not get any results when you start to dummy book an award flight?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:55 am

BA website says I do not have a household account. Other members of my household account are unable to transfer nectar points into their accounts.
I tried calling BA this morning and just got a recorded message that they were unable to take my call then I was cut off.
What a shambles led by an incompetent bunch of nitwits. The competition must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:56 am

I can't do a dummy booking because I can't get any availability to show on any route. After more than an hour on hold and close to an hour with an advisor talking to everyone in their team they have confirmed that for some reason my account can't see any reward availability on either the website or the app. They have now sent my account details to the back office so I expect this to be fixed at some point next year. I need to book flights for this weekend and it now looks like it will need to be a cash booking but there is no way that I am giving BA any cash so will be taking my business elsewhere. This is an absolute shambles.

Bob
adrianlondon and T8191 like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:58 am

Login issues after IT "upgrade"?

Hi all

I'm assuming it isn't just me that is having problems with BAEC still not letting you login after the "upgrade"?

I have tried to reset password etc. and doesn't work either. No email received.

I have a 2-4-1 voucher expiring shortly and finally have managed to get the time off work :-(

Any tips welcome!

Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:14 am

Spend most of last night fighting with the login page. Sometimes it would be okay through the website but not in the app. I think you cant use a password that you have used before. In the end i was able to log in both on the website and the app.

It's also confusing if you have to use your member number to log in or your email ( you can change this in your account I believe)
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
There is a whole thread on it
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by jeroen100
Spend most of last night fighting with the login page. Sometimes it would be okay through the website but not in the app. I think you cant use a password that you have used before. In the end i was able to log in both on the website and the app.

It's also confusing if you have to use your member number to log in or your email ( you can change this in your account I believe)
Thanks for the tips.

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Apologies, that will teach me for trying to read the forum on my phone - I completely missed that despite searching for one! I'll have a read.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 10:26 am

I can't do a dummy booking because I can't get any availability to show on any route. After more than an hour on hold and close to an hour with an advisor talking to everyone in their team they have confirmed that for some reason my account can't see any reward availability on either the website or the app. They have now sent my account details to the back office so I expect this to be fixed at some point next year. I need to book flights for this weekend and it now looks like it will need to be a cash booking but there is no way that I am giving BA any cash so will be taking my business elsewhere. This is an absolute shambles.

Bob
yeah if you’re trying to book partner awards on AA no availability is showing still. It’s quite the mess. At least within the US.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 10:39 am
Suspended

Has anyone had Alaska Airlines (AS) Avios or TPs credited since the "system maintenance" began?

I was credited for my flight on November 9th, on Nov. 11th, however nothing for my two J flights on November 12th, which is now approaching 2 weeks since completion.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 11:01 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rapidex
What a shambles led by an incompetent bunch of nitwits. The competition must be laughing all the way to the bank.
I don't doubt you have been incovenienced, but I garauntee that the competition in (name your industry) are also an incompetent bunch of nitwits. How anyone manages to make any money at all often amazes me.
Quark999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.