Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Portugal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: Ba gold
Originally Posted by Newbury newbie
How did you get on today? Manage to check-in without a “fit to fly” test?
it was all very easy. didnt use verifly , had my covid NHS double jab certificate checked at the desk when checking in. on arrival into faro the immigration officer took passport , glanced at my NHS covid pass (and it was a glance) , stamped my passport and i was through. also wasnt interested in my portugal passenger locator form.
sagres in hand 30 mins later along with a big sigh of relief.
camdentown likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by darrencobb
it was all very easy. didnt use verifly , had my covid NHS double jab certificate checked at the desk when checking in. on arrival into faro the immigration officer took passport , glanced at my NHS covid pass (and it was a glance) , stamped my passport and i was through. also wasnt interested in my portugal passenger locator form.
sagres in hand 30 mins later along with a big sigh of relief.
Many thanks for the confirmation.

Previously the Portugal PLF was a bit of a light touch, in the early days there were people handing out forms in the arrival areas. More recently I've noticed a sign up at the SEP (Border Force) desks with QR to get the URL for the web page Sometimes the agent would point to the sign and a nod would do.

But funadamentally a UK visitor to Greece, Portugal, France or Spain now just needs a UK vaccine certificate, book a day2 test for the return to the UK, and fill in 1 or 2 online forms. No tests before travelling. So travel is getting much easier now.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Returning back from Faro today. Long queue at check-in with only one desk open - but 2 hours before flight time two more desks open up and queues move much faster. (Two flights departing this morning less than an hour apart, so
probably busier than normal).
No paper documentation required at check-in having uploaded to MMB the day before. Check-in staff all familiar with this and happy I'd done it. A few PAX sent to the side to find stuff on their mobile phones.

20 mins wait in queue for passport control, separate desks open for EU and non-EU passports, extra officers joined as queue got longer and flights being called for boarding and staff organising the queues.
Got my passport stamped on departure .

CIP lounge oompletely closed, check-in staff apologise for this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by camdentown
Returning back from Faro today. Long queue at check-in with only one desk open - but 2 hours before flight time two more desks open up and queues move much faster. (Two flights departing this morning less than an hour apart, so
probably busier than normal).
No paper documentation required at check-in having uploaded to MMB the day before. Check-in staff all familiar with this and happy I'd done it. A few PAX sent to the side to find stuff on their mobile phones.

20 mins wait in queue for passport control, separate desks open for EU and non-EU passports, extra officers joined as queue got longer and flights being called for boarding and staff organising the queues.
Got my passport stamped on departure .

CIP lounge oompletely closed, check-in staff apologise for this.

The flight itself was good. Jam packed Club Europe with 12 rows, three cabin crew. They handled it well though.
Drinks round first (thank you!!) then lunch. Main course, I had the pasta half-moons, was good. 3 lettuce leaf starter!. No cheese and biscuits.
I don't think that drinks ran out, but I was near the front so might not have noticed. I was able to have a NF champagne towards the end of the flight.
Lovely, relaxed, friendly and efficient cabin crew.

Arrival at LHR was marred by the HAL staff trying to manage the arrival queues. Lots of incoherent shouting and ordering passengers around for no real reason and no real help being given.
All the e-gates were open and seemed to be functioning well. I didn't have to wait more than about 10 minutes in all to get through.
However the drama created by the HAL staff got lots of passengers very wound up and made the whole process much less pleasant than it needed to be.
Bags arrived after about 25 minutes.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:38 am

BA seem to be tweaking the LHR - FAO run, they have (sadly) dropped the Monday flights in December, which has pushed up the prices for Sunday to £400+ and no flights again till thursday...... Does anybody have any insight as to the likely hood of the FAO-LHR Monday returning this December

LHR - FAO December
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
My Mondays are still running over Xmas and NY by the looks of it.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
My Mondays are still running over Xmas and NY by the looks of it.
yes, on further investigation its only some mondays, unfortunately i am flying back from DXB on Monday 13th and was thinking of linking my reward booking with a LHR-DXB booking... alas that chance is gone now.. might have to link it to LIS now...
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:34 pm

Well it looks like this thread has gone a little quiet.

Any major issues to be aware of travelling to or whilst in Portugal?

Looks like lateral flow within 48 hours of departure along with landing form and good to go. Once in country vaccination certificate for entry to restaurants.

Anything else major I have missed? Presumably still no lounge access at Faro?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
I’m interested in this too.

I’ve got a weekend booked in Lisbon on 7th Jan. The people we are going to see say they might be locked down for an extend period post Christmas.

We will see where we are nearer the time
Old Dec 7, 2021, 3:05 am

Programs: Ba gold
Well it looks like this thread has gone a little quiet.

Any major issues to be aware of travelling to or whilst in Portugal?

Looks like lateral flow within 48 hours of departure along with landing form and good to go. Once in country vaccination certificate for entry to restaurants.

Anything else major I have missed? Presumably still no lounge access at Faro?

definitely no lounge option still at FAO , it’s not the best of lounges but I do miss the little bottles of water from there seeing as tho the prices in the departures hall are sky high.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Lounge in Faro stil closed, common departure area for Schengen and Non-Schengen with stores and restaurants. Passport control just before departure gates for Non-Schengen departures but nothing other than vending machines past that point.

Negative Covid test required before departure. 48 hours for lateral flow or 72 hours for PCR. Self isolation after arrival unless vaccinated with EU, NHS or many other flavours of vaccination pass. Restaurants capacity limited based on a certain (low) number of customers per square metre of seating area. No mixed households at tables allowed. Warnings have also been made that restrictions will be tightened further if numbers do not come down. Interestingly though, the Portuguese incidence count is still only roughly half of the UK.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Lounge in Faro stil closed, common departure area for Schengen and Non-Schengen with stores and restaurants. Passport control just before departure gates for Non-Schengen departures but nothing other than vending machines past that point.

Negative Covid test required before departure. 48 hours for lateral flow or 72 hours for PCR. Self isolation after arrival unless vaccinated with EU, NHS or many other flavours of vaccination pass. Restaurants capacity limited based on a certain (low) number of customers per square metre of seating area. No mixed households at tables allowed. Warnings have also been made that restrictions will be tightened further if numbers do not come down. Interestingly though, the Portuguese incidence count is still only roughly half of the UK.
Thanks for the info Tafflyer
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer

I am presuming that the lateral flow can be done at home and doesn’t have to be witnessed like the ones for the US?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:00 pm

Sorry to bump this thread but can anyone clarify if the antigen test to enter Portugal can be a home test with travel certificate?

Most sites suggest an EU approved test but others say laboratorial result presumably meaning no home tests. I’m not 100% sure the home tests I have will be sufficient or if I will have to take tests at the airport if denied at check in.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Sorry to bump this thread but can anyone clarify if the antigen test to enter Portugal can be a home test with travel certificate?

Most sites suggest an EU approved test but others say laboratorial result presumably meaning no home tests. I’m not 100% sure the home tests I have will be sufficient or if I will have to take tests at the airport if denied at check in.
I've read of people being fined upon arrival for not having a supervised LFT/RAT test result and the UK fco.gov.uk site now mentions that the LFT/RAT test needs to have been administered by someone official. I'm not sure on PCR tests.

The visitportugal site also suggests a recovery certificate from within arrival-180 days will be accepted instead of a test result, but everything else I've seen suggests a test is needed.

We are booked to travel to Lisbon for new year, but the official city fireworks have all been cancelled
becks1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.