Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Spain

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by paulaf
Hi, I actually think this changed on 6th April as I have following various threads on trip advisor about it, so hopefully lots of people have travelled since then. But its good news.
Thanks. It seems a long time since we were exchanging info on Spain's former entry requirements last year ! Have you flown out recently to AGP? I haven't been for almost 6 months, and will be interested to see how the procedures at AGP have changed in that time, especially whether they have yet switched on the automated passport readers for UK passports. I had a long chat with one of the immigration officers on a 'slow day' last year, and he told me that the decision not to switch them on was a purely Brexit related political decision
paulaf likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Thanks. It seems a long time since we were exchanging info on Spain's former entry requirements last year ! Have you flown out recently to AGP? I haven't been for almost 6 months, and will be interested to see how the procedures at AGP have changed in that time, especially whether they have yet switched on the automated passport readers for UK passports. I had a long chat with one of the immigration officers on a 'slow day' last year, and he told me that the decision not to switch them on was a purely Brexit related political decision
Haven't been to Costa del Sol since October/November but also went to AGP over Christmas/New Year as we stayed in Almunecar about an hour east of the airport. I recall the entry paperwork was very quick and simple, they just scanned the QR code so I guess now they will just want to scan the NHS cert code. I can't fully remember about the passport readers but I think they hadn't. We're off to Estepona early May, how about you?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
As of yesterday, it seems that the SpTH form is no longer required if one holds a UK vaccination cert.

Can anyone confirm whether BA check-in staff are yet aware of this fact?
I believe you’re correct that the SpTH form is no longer needed if fully vaccinated. I’m flying to AGP on Thursday and had the email from BA to upload documents. So I’ve uploaded nothing but ticked the ‘not required’ box for SpTH… let’s see if I can check in tomorrow!
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by volar
I believe you’re correct that the SpTH form is no longer needed if fully vaccinated. I’m flying to AGP on Thursday and had the email from BA to upload documents. So I’ve uploaded nothing but ticked the ‘not required’ box for SpTH… let’s see if I can check in tomorrow!
As I read the SpTH website what is required to board is either a vaccination cert or the SpTH form. I think it must follow that even if there is no form to upload, the vaccination cert still has to be uploaded for check-in to work.

I would be interested to hear your impressions of how they are currently dealing with immigration at AGP, as I am flying out on Saturday. and am hoping that they too are not buckling under the weight of passenger numbers. I would also like to know whether you happen to notice whether there is a dedicated EU passport desk, and whether any queues for the UK passport desks can be bypassed if one has an EU passport (one never seems to be able to see that from the back of the queue)..
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I would also like to know whether you happen to notice whether there is a dedicated EU passport desk, and whether any queues for the UK passport desks can be bypassed if one has an EU passport (one never seems to be able to see that from the back of the queue)..
Ba currently lands into the C gate area and there is no EU only passport option as of last week.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:43 pm

As I read the SpTH website what is required to board is either a vaccination cert or the SpTH form. I think it must follow that even if there is no form to upload, the vaccination cert still has to be uploaded for check-in to work.

I would be interested to hear your impressions of how they are currently dealing with immigration at AGP, as I am flying out on Saturday. and am hoping that they too are not buckling under the weight of passenger numbers. I would also like to know whether you happen to notice whether there is a dedicated EU passport desk, and whether any queues for the UK passport desks can be bypassed if one has an EU passport (one never seems to be able to see that from the back of the queue)..
Indeed, I would have uploaded the vaccination certificate only there was no ability to do so, there was only an upload option for the SpTH. Anyway my document verification failed (the email informing me of this uselessly says ‘This is because: ‘ and doesn’t give a reason!). I guess I will just fill in the SpTH form and upload that.

I will update on the other points after I travel on Thursday.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:55 pm

Indeed, I would have uploaded…
If I log in to my document check it says I don’t need to upload a vaccination certificate. In fact it now won’t let me upload anything. I guess I will have to sort it out at the airport.

Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:44 pm

If I log in to my document check it says I don’t need to upload a vaccination certificate. In fact it now won’t let me upload anything. I guess I will have to sort it out at the airport.

This happened to my flying to ALC from Gatwick this morning. Despite not having my Doc's verified, I was able to check in and get boarding passes before I got to the airport - it wasn't available straight away when check in opened.

At the airport, no one cared about covid docs. When we arrived at Alicante the e-gates were working for UK passports, but you had to see a border guard straight away after to get your stamp. The queue moved pretty quickly.

After passport control we had to have our vax cert scanned by an army of people before collecting luggage. They scanned the QR, but you didn't have to show any ID to prove it was actually your cert which seems a bit of a gap.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by kath2049
This happened to my flying to ALC from Gatwick this morning. Despite not having my Doc's verified, I was able to check in and get boarding passes before I got to the airport
Likewise. I got a further ‘documents rejected’ email but could still OLCI as soon as it opened.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:53 am

Today there were 4 passport desks open, 2 marked as EU only and 2 marked as ‘all passports’. However there is only one long snaking queue and you can’t really avoid that until right before the desks, and in fact UK pax were using the EU desks and vice versa. The e-gates were not in use.

After passport control there’s only a cursory check of vaccination certificate or SpTH with separate lanes for each. They are only scanning them on a random basis now.

There was pretty much a continuous queue from the jet bridge through to the end of the covid checks due to the volume of people. However it was all pretty fast moving and I was landslide in around 20 minutes from doors open. This was around 11am today. I should add that the airport and passport staff were all incredibly cheerful and pleasant.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
I flew to MAD at the weekend. There was no checking of QR codes on arrival at all.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Accor Platinum
Flew to APG on 15th April - only random checking of the EU or equivalent vax cert.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:26 am

The SpTH app now doesn’t require you to fill in a form if you have a covid vaccine certificate. I just showed my nhs pass at MAD and they let me through.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Lapchien
Flew to APG on 15th April - only random checking of the EU or equivalent vax cert.
Flew to AGP on the 16th. Horrendous process, approx 50 mins from gate to baggage reclaim. Mega passport queue right back to the gate, and then at least 10 mins to get through health control (being held in a snaking queue in the area between passport control and the escalators down to the health control desks / baggage reclaim). Every person was being checked at health control.

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Apr 21, 2022 at 4:54 am
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by jonas123
The SpTH app now doesn’t require you to fill in a form if you have a covid vaccine certificate. I just showed my nhs pass at MAD and they let me through.
In fact, there is now no option to fill in the SpTH form now on the app if you have a valid Covid pass (make sure you have updated the app)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.