Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Involuntary Downgrade from First to Club due to change of aircraft.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Involuntary Downgrade from First to Club due to change of aircraft.

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 11:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
If this were an organisation that really valued customer service, refunds and compensation in situations such as this should be automatic rather than requiring the (in this case loyal and high value) customer to jump through hoops to make any progress…
Old May 13, 2021, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by BAFlyer74
If this were an organisation that really valued customer service, refunds and compensation in situations such as this should be automatic rather than requiring the (in this case loyal and high value) customer to jump through hoops to make any progress…
I think IAG shareholders would have something very vocal to say about that.
Old May 13, 2021, 3:29 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Originally Posted by Confus
I think IAG shareholders would have something very vocal to say about that.
Probably something like "Is there a competitive advantage in good customer service that leads to increased future income and profitability? There is? Then get it sorted and stop encouraging customers to seek alternative providers!"
NoY, Cap'n Benj and BAFlyer74 like this.
Old May 13, 2021, 3:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by umgowah
Probably something like "Is there a competitive advantage in good customer service that leads to increased future income and profitability? There is? Then get it sorted and stop encouraging customers to seek alternative providers!"
Is there an airline which already auto pays out compensation and refunds due under EC261?
Old May 14, 2021, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Is there an airline which already auto pays out compensation and refunds due under EC261?
Ryanair certainly has an automatic response.

A P Yu, docsxx, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old May 18, 2021, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Another downgrade - any thoughts?

Our LHR/IAD/LHR in F in June has just been downgraded to a 787-8 with no F. BA has said we can fly to JFK or stick with current flights and get a refund for the fare difference. These were sale tickets purchased last August for about £1,000 each … thoughts very welcome! (BA say as it is not a cancellation no connecting on AA from other gateways …)
Old May 18, 2021, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
It'll probably end up a 789 on the day with F not used
Seat 1K likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 4:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Why not ask BA for something more exotic like LHR-DFW-DCA or LHR-JFK-DCA?
Old May 18, 2021, 4:44 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Their policy, apparently, is: can only reroute max 300 miles away and it must be a BA operated service … if the flight is cancelled there is much more flexibility …
Old May 18, 2021, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
HUACA, you might have luck being rebooked to an AA segment.
Old May 18, 2021, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 1K
Our LHR/IAD/LHR in F in June has just been downgraded to a 787-8 with no F.
Yeah - got the email early today - 787-9 to 787-8, but at least we weren't flying F, so we now have 1J/K (we did try upgrading to F but couldn't). July LHR-IAD-LHRs seem to be 787-10's - at least that's the plan... . (This is the seventh change to our booking - and counting!.
Old May 18, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by umgowah
Indeed. On the few times I’ve needed to use DL customer service, their flexibility and willing to help has been mind blowing compared to similar situations on BA.

Guess who my preference is for TATL now?

A simple re-route or a loss of 75% of revenue and a lot of future business. I think I know what most IAG shareholders would go for!
Old May 18, 2021, 6:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
HUACA, you might have luck being rebooked to an AA segment.
This will not work as BA revised their customer guidelines for cabin closures, which are no longer treated as cancelations, and the only option, apart from accepting the original flight in the lower cabin, is rebooking on a different date.
Old May 18, 2021, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Seat 1K
Their policy, apparently, is: can only reroute max 300 miles away and it must be a BA operated service … if the flight is cancelled there is much more flexibility …
Originally Posted by Andriyko
This will not work as BA revised their customer guidelines for cabin closures, which are no longer treated as cancelations, and the only option, apart from accepting the original flight in the lower cabin, is rebooking on a different date.
Ugh... does this mean I can't do an indirect flight now? My original plan was to do LHR-DFW-AUS instead of LHR-AUS... but given that'll involve an AA segment it doesn't sound like it'll be possible now?

I assume I could do LHR-DFW, but that'll complicate things as I have a car hire as part of the booking. Not to mention I don't much fancy driving three hours just because BA suck.
Old May 18, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by RG1X
Ugh... does this mean I can't do an indirect flight now? My original plan was to do LHR-DFW-AUS instead of LHR-AUS... but given that'll involve an AA segment it doesn't sound like it'll be possible now?
Not if the agent follows the guidelines, I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by RG1X
I assume I could do LHR-DFW,
I am not even sure that would be possible since origin and destination must be the same. There is no 'alternative getaway within 300 miles' option for cabin closures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.