Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Involuntary Downgrade from First to Club due to change of aircraft.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Involuntary Downgrade from First to Club due to change of aircraft.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Or call them and switch to later flight and keep F seats
Old Dec 11, 2021, 6:49 am

Programs: BA GGL GfL, TK Gold, AA Life Plat, Marriott Life Titnm, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Melia Gold
Much prefer that ... I will.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: Finnair plat
Originally Posted by Spruce-Moose
Another one in the SFO club. The below is from a new thread I created, mods feel free to delete the original.

I’ve got a return flight from LHR-SFO in April. This was a cash booking in F.
Today I’ve received an email saying something along the lines of “your flights been cancelled, we’ve booked you on the next available flight”

The flight I’ve been rebooked onto is the same flight as I was originally on, just now in CW, so I suspect they’re just not operating with an F cabin.

I was just wondering what my options are. I’ve had a brief scoot around the forums and from what I’ve found I can either:

Accept the changes and then later, request a refund of 75% of the fare.
I had read something about BA offering the fare difference. But this may not help me as the flight was relatively cheap. (As mentioned below)

Reschedule the flights. I’d be happy to do this. But whether they’re going to be operating with an F cabin for the foreseeable is not something I’m sure of.

I’m also a little unsure on how to navigate this on BA’s website, on the manage my booking page, there’s a button to accept the changes, but I’m not sure I should be clicking this?!

This booking was a bit of a punt taken right in the middle of the covid travel restrictions, and cost approx Ł1800 pp. I wouldn’t bork at sitting in CW for that price to be honest. However that wasn’t the deal that was originally offered to and accepted by me.

Thanks All.
Same here - BA284 from 380 to 777 with no F
Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Seat 1K
Or call them and switch to later flight and keep F seats
Just had a downgrade from F to J for upcoming flights LHR - MIA next June. Just rang You First this morning and was answered straight away - flights were both changed to the later services that had a F cabin. Was sorted in minutes.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 10:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
Ugh: I see I too am affected by the downgauge of the first (of two) daily SFO-LHR flights and have been downgraded to J. The later flights might work for me (I'd have to reschedule unconnected positioning flights) but I'm going to push for a cash refund and just cancel my trip. That is, if i can get through to speak to someone - the 877 number just hangs up on me and the 800 number tells me they're too busy to take my call.
I never could get through despite multiple attempts all weekend and this week so I went ahead and just selected the second daily flights that are still showing as being operated by an A380. The only plus is that I was able to extend my trip by a few days without penalty so, every cloud...
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:57 pm

We’re travelling back in late March from SFO on 284 but before the summer schedule kicks in (27 March, I believe) and we were swapped from A380 to 4 class 777 several months ago. On the back of your comments, I’ve just checked our reservation on MMB, and our seat numbers have changed (no notice from BA received) but still in F. Aircraft now detailed as 77W; what is this please?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by shonerm
Aircraft now detailed as 77W; what is this please?
hi

I think the 77w is the ba mmb designation for a 77h ie 777-300er with 8f seats and club suites
​​​​
details in the 777 seating guide

Regards

Tbs
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: Some
This possibly isn’t the exact right thread, but I am on BA104 on Sunday which is overbooked in F and already starting to look pretty full throughout on Expertflyer (F0, J2). In the event no one cancels I would assume I’m not at the top of the list to be downgraded but then who knows with BA these days and as the last passenger to book I am also the one currently without a seat…

Does anyone know what BA’s policy is on rebooking on other carriers from DXB currently in the event of a downgrade? I can’t insist on being moved to EK F or QR F if they try to downgrade me, right? The next BA flight with F isn’t for nearly 24 hours so being rebooked on that doesn’t really work if BA do nothing about this until I turn up at the airport. Hopefully this is all theoretical…
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
This possibly isn’t the exact right thread, but I am on BA104 on Sunday which is overbooked in F and already starting to look pretty full throughout on Expertflyer (F0, J2). In the event no one cancels I would assume I’m not at the top of the list to be downgraded but then who knows with BA these days and as the last passenger to book I am also the one currently without a seat…

Does anyone know what BA’s policy is on rebooking on other carriers from DXB currently in the event of a downgrade? I can’t insist on being moved to EK F or QR F if they try to downgrade me, right? The next BA flight with F isn’t for nearly 24 hours so being rebooked on that doesn’t really work if BA do nothing about this until I turn up at the airport. Hopefully this is all theoretical…
They wont re-book you in the event of an operational downgrade (such as overbooking), just tell you to apply for the 75% reimbursement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.