Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska not recognizing BA Gold status

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
No issues at all at SFO just now. My BP and my wife’s scanned and access granted without comment or question.
Old May 28, 2023, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond
I flew four AS sectors in the past month and had no issues with OWE recognition.

Incidentally, I was impressed with the civilised boarding process and the 20-minute guaranteed checked baggage collection guarantee. Very refreshing after BA losing my luggage on three of my past four flights and the usual gate crowding.
Radiation Station and Alan T like this.

Last edited by Tryhard; May 28, 2023 at 3:55 pm
Old May 29, 2023, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K; BA Gold
Similar experiences. Even though on my BP at LAX it says OWE and has my BAEC number in it, when the lounge agents scan it on their iPad it appears they manually have to input the status level and program.

It did take me going onto the live chat to get the OW 'Elite' seating as online Alaska wasn't recognising that I was entitled to sit there (even though for the chat agent it was showing up as OWE). Took all of two minutes to fix and painless.
Old May 30, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
At the SEA C Gates AS lounge yesterday, it appeared the lounge agent was having similar issues to #93 above, but the magic worlds ‘British Airways and Emerald’ got us in without showing our cards.

No issues with free checked baggage allowance or priority boarding and the CSM on the flight to ANC even gave us a ‘Welcome back’ greeting by name and a mint chocolate!
Old May 30, 2023, 7:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
This sounds very much like AA where they can scan your bp but can’t see whether you are an oneworld emerald.
Geordie405 and BETTERMJ like this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 3:16 am

Hi folks,

Just booked SEA-YVR in August - Main Fare (BA Gold Member)

I land from LHR at 1130 but loathed to book the 222pm in case of delays which there have been on the SEA flight and was not wanting to chance it.

Couple questions -
selected seats in elite no prob - great

Baggage -do I get 2x checked Free?

Does AS offer same day standby on this route as its unclear from their website? If i do land on time that gives me 3 hours for the 222pm into YVR rather than the 530pm which could be handy to beat rush hour out of YVR as I have to travel to West Vancouver upon landing and no chance on skytrain as I have 3x bags with me
If I have the 5 hour layover now Can I choose which lounge to use and any recommends (havent flown YVR via Seattle for over 10 years but was able to bag PE from LHR for less than EC into YVR even with the connecting flight fare)

Thanks for the knowledge on this forum - nearly booked the Air canada flight as was cheaper but TP and OWE perks win out on this one
Old Jun 27, 2023, 8:27 am

‘Baggage -do I get 2x checked Free?‘

Think you get 3 bags free on that itinerary as an Emerald?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ers-exceptions
Old Jun 27, 2023, 8:42 am

It was the same on the return trip from ANC>SEA. Lounge attendant was just about to tell us that F did not get access on a domestic ticket at less than 2100 miles ( we did anyway as we purchased it prior to November 22) when we said the magic ‘BA Emerald’ password and in we went ( although it was a bit of a zoo around lunchtime. Maybe better now as the D gates one has reopened).

So after an hour or so, about 2pm, we headed over to the BA Lounge in the International Satellite, and were told to come back at 4pm as they did not have a passenger list yet!? We pointed out it’s the BA lounge and has no restrictions listed in the OneWorld lounge finder so could we speak to a supervisor? We were told she was busy, but we said we’d just sit over there (seats in foyer) and wait till she wasn’t!

10 mins later, supervisor turns up and says no problem!
Old Jun 29, 2023, 4:21 pm

Thanks! I didn't know that One World Ruby got 2 bags free. I learned something today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.