Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Thanks! So if VeriFLY accepts my lateral flow result, no one at LHR or BOS should check it?
Correct.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Thanks! So if VeriFLY accepts my lateral flow result, no one at LHR or BOS should check it?
The US officials _might_ check in BOS. Mrs. greg5 got pulled over to the side at SEA last year. But I think that they pretty much only do random checks.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:43 pm

How do USA LPRs indicate their resident status in Verifly to go through the resident-checklist rather than non-resident checklist? Am I missing something in one of the screens for traveller info?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by venk
How do USA LPRs indicate their resident status in Verifly to go through the resident-checklist rather than non-resident checklist? Am I missing something in one of the screens for traveller info?
Would this have been in the profile when the Verifly account was first set up?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by tjcxx
Would this have been in the profile when the Verifly account was first set up?
I thought that might be the case, but no, because it is a per traveller data that should be given for each traveller on an itinerary. So, there is no profile data other than contact info and mug shot for account holder.

I can see citizenship field in the per traveller section but nothing else.

I just can’t understand people who designed this app.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is the sort of niche case, affecting less than 1% of passengers, that VeriFLY won't be accommodating. I don't think it matters much, just act as a visitor to the USA, since the rules are broadly similar to those for citizens so long as you are vaccinated.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is the sort of niche case, affecting less than 1% of passengers, that VeriFLY won't be accommodating. I don't think it matters much, just act as a visitor to the USA, since the rules are broadly similar to those for citizens so long as you are vaccinated.
Sorry, this seems wholly wrong. This is not difficult to do and it is sheer laziness or poor domain experience not to include this. At various points of time, the difference between them have been quite significant. Dismissing it off as niche is why we have sloppy software everywhere with 80% solutions. I am not even sure it is such a niche. Every green card holder flying to US with BA will face this. There are plenty of people in UK itself with this status not to mention people connecting via UK from Asia.

First of all, the checklists and attestations are different for residents and non-residents. Vaccinations are not needed for citizens and residents of US. Verifly won’t accept vax certs that don’t have middle names while the passports do, etc.

Since the data sharing between Verifly and BA are opaque, it is not clear what status and attestations will be passed through and what happens when the checkin status does not match the Verifly residence status.

Sorry, I can’t condone this type of sloppy engineering. I understand people unaffected by it may have a different opinion.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:20 am

Every green card holder flying to US with BA will face this.
Almost all of whom will be OK to fly by filling in the process on the basis of being a visitor rather than a citizen. Sure the forms are very slghtly different, but the airlines are doing the checking, not the USA authorities, so all that's needed is to persuade the airlines that you are OK to travel. VeriFLY does accept vaccination certificates without middle names, in fact it's best if they do not have a middle name.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:51 am

VeriFLY does accept vaccination certificates without middle names, in fact it's best if they do not have a middle name.
Not if the ticket has the middle name consistent with your passport and you create a verifly report with that full name as the traveller to be consistent with the ticket as recommended by verifly.

For LPRs it is not uncommon to have even the Green Card differ from the Passport regarding middle names depending on the circumstance and that be the legal name used in the US that makes it into the vax cards.

Not sure what happens if you create a verifly report leaving out the middle name as the traveller to match the vax card but that does not match the full name on the ticket.

Did verifly exist when you had to be a citizen or resident to be allowed into the US? If so, one would think they would have fixed it pronto as a critical bug.

Point is really that all of these should be non-issues if they had a better product team, these would be considered medium priority issues. I hope I never see a resume with a Verifly product manager experience on it.

I assume the answer to my original question is that there is no way to specify resident status in the app.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:57 am

Not sure what happens if you create a verifly report leaving out the middle name as the traveller to match the vax card but that does not match the full name on the ticket.
This is why I have advocated in this thread and elsewhere that people do not use the middle names on their tickets (it's not needed) or their vaccine certificates or their VeriFly account. Middle names are more trouble than they are worth when put on to a ticket, particularly after the various GDS boxes chew them up. So

Passport John Adam Smith
Travel name John Smith
Name on ticket John Smith
APIS input John Adam Smith (if you wish, but John Smith would also work in the case of the USA)
Vaccine certificate John Smith
VeriFLY booking name John Smith
Then it all works.
venk likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: BA, VS, LH, QR
I suspect I may have run into the middle name issue today (wish I’d read this sooner). Trip starts today LCA-LHR, overnight, then MCO tomorrow. Middle name on passport but not on ticket or Verifly. My test this morning was linked by the Lab through EUDCC which is a simple scan into Verifly - this has my middle name. Green ticks for both of us over 2 hours ago but can’t do OLCI.

Last edited by Murraymint; Apr 26, 2022 at 5:16 am
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:33 am

No, I don't think that's the middle name issue, the problem there was that people weren't getting their green ticks at all. So OLCI may open in a few hours, but otherwise you can collect your boarding passes very swiftly in London, or possibly LCA. The lack of OLCI is due to ADOC appearing on the booking, when in fact ADOC only applies to one sector, see upthread for a longer version. Just turn up at LCA at the normal time.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: BA, VS, LH, QR
No, I don't think that's the middle name issue, the problem there was that people weren't getting their green ticks at all. So OLCI may open in a few hours, but otherwise you can collect your boarding passes very swiftly in London, or possibly LCA. The lack of OLCI is due to ADOC appearing on the booking, when in fact ADOC only applies to one sector, see upthread for a longer version. Just turn up at LCA at the normal time.
Thanks C-W-S
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by greg5
The US officials _might_ check in BOS. Mrs. greg5 got pulled over to the side at SEA last year. But I think that they pretty much only do random checks.
We didn't get pulled over this time, so it does appear only to be spot checks. The border guard we had this time was actually quite a pleasure to talk with.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by silonic
I've tried numerous different ways, but it seems VeriFLY doesn't accept recovery certificates. I uploaded the QR code and have also manually uploaded the certificate but continues to be rejected.

I'm also a little nervous as rules for travel to the US, state you need a recovery certificate, not older than 90 days AND a letter from a health practitioner stating you are fit for travel. I've not got the latter, so off for a PCR test I go!
In my situation, I have my old test result and a recovery letter but am not expecting to use Verifly anyway.

For an 11:20 departure from BRU, would arriving at the airport at 08:15 be enough time in club world to have our paperwork verified at the counter, check our bags, and clear exit customs? Worth noting I am checking bags so the counter will be necessary either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.