Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by loftus1961
Dates now go beyond the 15th November.
Indeed. Where I'm looking it seems to now go to 30 November 2021. There is clearly some area where someone in BA has to submit a list of flights to VeriFLY and doubtless that individual has other things to do....
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC
I am waiting for the December dates.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Skywards Gold, BAEC Silver, SAA Voyager
Well, I got a pleasant surprise at JNB earlier this afternoon. The podium check by Securitas was a breeze. Simple question, “Do you have VeriFLY?” Showed my “Ready to travel” pass and that was the end of that, bags dropped and airside.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by snuffi
This is proof of vaccination, so the nhs app is accepted for that which is good news. That's not quite what I was asking though. Having recently had covid I can't reliably provide a negative test for several months. But I can now generate 3 qr codes in my nhs app, 1 for each vaccine dose, and recently a third saying when I tested positive and that I survived.... What isn't clear to me is whether this third QR code for "proof of recovery from covid" can be used instead of a negative test result from 3 days before I fly. The CDC guidance says that I need proof of a positive test result within the past 90 days, so I'm hopeful the app ticks that box, but the other part is a letter saying I'm cleared to travel. My GP won't provide that (I asked) and neither does the central nhs, as in their view the app qr code tells people all they need to know!

CDC
If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).
I was wondering the same, but if you look further down the page on the CDC site at the FAQs it's quite clear about lack of documentation requiring you to have a test unfortunately.

"If you have had a positive viral test on a sample taken during the past 90 days, and you have met the criteria to end isolation, you may travel instead with your positive viral test results and a signed letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel. The positive test result and letter together are referred to as “documentation of recovery.”A letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official that clears you to end isolation, e.g., to return to work or school, can be used to show you are cleared to travel, even if travel isn’t specifically mentioned in the letter. The letter must have information that identifies you personally (e.g., name and date of birth) that matches the personal identifiers on your passport or other travel documents. The letter must be signed and dated on official letterhead that contains the name, address, and phone number of the healthcare provider or public health official who signed the letter.

If you have recovered from COVID-19 but are not able to obtain documentation of recovery that fulfills the requirements, you will need to show a negative COVID-19 viral test result from a sample taken no more than 3 days (or 1 day if you are not fully vaccinated) before your flight to the US departs."
Joeykins likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
In response to some PMs on this topic.

If you are travelling to the USA after 30 November, as things stand, this is what you will need to provide to VeriFLY, at least for BA operated services - proof of vaccination, proof of pre-flight test, attestation of testing and vaccination (available on CDC website):

Items are checked either manually (I suspect via a contracted SBO organisation) or automatically. Automation works for the vaccination proof for NHS QR codes (all nations), EU DCC and one USA set-up. All pre-flight test certificates are manually checked.

So for those with just a CDC card, this has to be checked manually, which slows that stage of the process down a few hours, but you can do the vaccination step as soon as the flight is added to VeriFLY. I think the attestation is also manually checked, but going forward that should be automated.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Did I miss something or did something change with flying to Italy? "A Trip to Italy" seems to only have Aer Lingus as an airline and I have a BA flight (LHR-LIN) for which I have used Verifly in the past.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by ckendall
Did I miss something or did something change with flying to Italy? "A Trip to Italy" seems to only have Aer Lingus as an airline and I have a BA flight (LHR-LIN) for which I have used Verifly in the past.
You have to upload your documentation through manage my booking on ba.com for this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Originally Posted by BobOnBA
Looking for a bit of advice if possible.

I’m due to travel to the US on 12/11 booked through AA on AA codeshares in BA metal.

In Verifly it asks for the booking reference. I assume I’ll be checking in with BA on the day but AA are asking me to complete Verifly ahead of arrival at the airport.

Would you advise adding my AA reference or BA reference to Verifly to keep things as smooth as possible?

I have a slightly similar issue. I'm on a BA ticket, with one leg being an AA codeshare on BA metal - it's JFK to LHR (AA 6937). However if I select American Airlines on VeriFly it only gives two AA flights that day which I presume are the actual AA metal flying that day, none of the codeshares for aircraft operated by BA are given. Does anyone know if I am best to use what the actual BA flight number would be (in this case it's BA 179) or will that cause no end of problems? Wanted to make it consistent with what I put in the PLF too.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Data Point For those who are interested. I'm travelling tomorrow (USA) did my lateral flow at express test today at 11:10 got the result by 11:50. Entered manually into VeriFly I got the verification within 10 mins, and the completed the attestation online and was able to checkin online. The process was totally painless and smooth, not what I was expecting at all.
John
Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:51 pm

BA/VeriFLY has really improved for me since my last flight a couple of months ago. I flew BSL-LHR and checked in online. As I was HBO, I didn't need to speak to anyone apart from at the gate, and all they did was the usual passport check. Nothing at Heathrow (no queues either, for a Saturday late-morning flight). Flying back to Switzerland, there's no VeriFLY option, but then there's only a Swiss PLF that no-one checks or asks for anyway, so again it was a straight-forward flight.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by nh1980
I have a slightly similar issue. I'm on a BA ticket, with one leg being an AA codeshare on BA metal - it's JFK to LHR (AA 6937). However if I select American Airlines on VeriFly it only gives two AA flights that day which I presume are the actual AA metal flying that day, none of the codeshares for aircraft operated by BA are given. Does anyone know if I am best to use what the actual BA flight number would be (in this case it's BA 179) or will that cause no end of problems? Wanted to make it consistent with what I put in the PLF too.
That too is best booked into your prime flight, so BA is your operating carrier and is in charge of API. Hence you would need to find your BA (not AA) PNR and use that via VeriFLY as a BA entry.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, AF Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
BA/VeriFLY has really improved for me since my last flight a couple of months ago. I flew BSL-LHR and checked in online. As I was HBO, I didn't need to speak to anyone apart from at the gate, and all they did was the usual passport check. Nothing at Heathrow (no queues either, for a Saturday late-morning flight). Flying back to Switzerland, there's no VeriFLY option, but then there's only a Swiss PLF that no-one checks or asks for anyway, so again it was a straight-forward flight.
Just as a side note there's a Verifly option for Switzerland (only when flying BA) - used it sucessfully recently when returning to ZRH via LHR
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:27 pm

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
En route to the UK, a QR Canadian vax certificates would not be recognized by the app. Tried it all, scan/upload/download you name it, could not even get to the PLF stage...The app insists the doc is not supported/recognized, would anyone have experience with Canadian (new QR) certificates?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Doors Closing
En route to the UK, a QR Canadian vax certificates would not be recognized by the app. Tried it all, scan/upload/download you name it, could not even get to the PLF stage...The app insists the doc is not supported/recognized, would anyone have experience with Canadian (new QR) certificates?
It’s not entirely clear, have you tried a ‘manual review’ rather than just relying on the QR code?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:20 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Another positive experience to report with Verifly. I've set up three trips: trip to France, trip to UK and trip to USA and all are set to go.

My UK vax certificate and Chronomics antigen test result were accepted without any problems or delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.