Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Originally Posted by webstereo
Will you share what you wound up doing?
Absolutely - still refining and making it perfect for me and will get it on here asap.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MrMutton
The AGP-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO route mentioned above is 9500miles. The maximum permitted mileage on the [cheapest] fare for that route is around 7200 so the more you go over it the more it will cost. Losing the LHR and LAX stops will cost you 120TPs but drop the mileage into the MPM so it will price up more reasonably, and you can pick up 120TP for less hopping round the west coast.
I beg to disagree. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33658664-post1328.html
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Any suggestions for the cheapest possible method to get four BA segments on either May 14th or May 15th from LGW or LHR? I prefer to complete this task in a day.

Thank you!
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Any suggestions for the cheapest possible method to get four BA segments on either May 14th or May 15th from LGW or LHR? I prefer to complete this task in a day.

Thank you!
Two same-day LHR-DUB roundtrip.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
If you fly a route twice on the same day it's almost certain one of the flights won't automatically credit and you will have to have to contact BA to have it manually credited.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by destone
or do the same using BHD..on the 15th reckon you could do it for under £300 all up
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Vasto1M
If you fly a route twice on the same day it's almost certain one of the flights won't automatically credit and you will have to have to contact BA to have it manually credited.
Evidence? It’s certainly not against T&C.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Personal experience. There is no issue in doing it, you're not breaking any rules, it's just 'the system' gets confused and can't seem to cope with someone flying a route twice on the same day, even though the flight numbers will be different.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by MrMutton
The AGP-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO route mentioned above is 9500miles. The maximum permitted mileage on the [cheapest] fare for that route is around 7200 so the more you go over it the more it will cost. Losing the LHR and LAX stops will cost you 120TPs but drop the mileage into the MPM so it will price up more reasonably, and you can pick up 120TP for less hopping round the west coast.
I disagree too. I purchased exactly the same route for 1545EUR, travel agency fees inlcuded, BA stock.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I had this issue too in the past and had to write. They responded that as a "goodwill gesture" they would credit the flights. It may not be against T&Cs, but you should definitely prepare for some back and forth with BA in order to get them properly credited.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the pricing typically like? I won't mind racking up some good TPs if the price is right!
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:55 pm

What is the pricing typically like? I won't mind racking up some good TPs if the price is right!
£167.44 total for the four flights (two round-trips). Club Europe (160 tier points) would be £520 for the same.

lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

£167.44 total for the four flights (two round-trips). Club Europe (160 tier points) would be £520 for the same.

Is this reasonable pricing? Is it not worth flying within the UK and avoid clearing customs?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:37 pm

Is this reasonable pricing? Is it not worth flying within the UK and avoid clearing customs?
Intra-UK flights won’t have the same frequency as DUB to pull off two same-day round-trips.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum

640 TPs for around £840. Did this route back in January. It's certainly not the most comfortable, but it's a TP jackpot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.