Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2021 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
where is best place to try to book avios reward flights (or upgrades) for internal Australia flights? BA sit doesn't recognise airport (uluru) but Quantas fly there from SYD. Thanks!
i can see them. enter ayq in the airport as usual but don't worry that it doesn't auto complete with the full name, then just click search. tried for 8 june and shows a QF flight available with Y reward seats.
LCSinTexas and wanderingjock like this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Hmm - still cant see anything
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
Hmm - still cant see anything
It appears that you entered "AYG," not "AYQ."
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Well, I just made my first Avios redemption since switching to BA, & I'm quite happy with the deal.

MIA - CMH in business "domestic first" on American Airlines for 16,500 Avios and USD $5.60. The equivalent paid fare has only availability in J and was $1,819. I've made my first redemption at 11.02¢ per Avios.

AA wanted almost 70,000 miles. I continue to find value with my switch to BAEC and look forward to continued benefits.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Spanish
Well, I just made my first Avios redemption since switching to BA, & I'm quite happy with the deal.

MIA - CMH in business "domestic first" on American Airlines for 16,500 Avios and USD $5.60. The equivalent paid fare has only availability in J and was $1,819. I've made my first redemption at 11.02¢ per Avios.

AA wanted almost 70,000 miles. I continue to find value with my switch to BAEC and look forward to continued benefits.
So you're saying that you were able to redeem Avios for this flight, even though there was no MileSAAver availability on aa.com? That's remarkable.
Spanish likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Deleted

Last edited by Exsilver; Mar 20, 2022 at 10:19 am
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:48 am

Its been a while since i used avios. it used to be 4k avios plus 17.50 for a short flight to/from london.

Now i get different options with less taxes, and more avios (but these are low value per avios). But the most value seems to be on the old option of 17.50 taxes , but the avios part seems to have risen to 4750 - is this everywhere now or route dependent?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
Its been a while since i used avios. it used to be 4k avios plus 17.50 for a short flight to/from london.

Now i get different options with less taxes, and more avios (but these are low value per avios). But the most value seems to be on the old option of 17.50 taxes , but the avios part seems to have risen to 4750 - is this everywhere now or route dependent?
Everywhere I'm afraid, BA reward flights had a devaluation last year.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
Same here. First trip to Europe in 3 years (used to live in London). Both MUC-LHR and LHR-GVA being quoted for 9,250 + U$80-odd in taxes. What happened to European rewards of 7.5k plus GBP17.50 in taxes?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
have you earned any avios in the last year? if not RFS pricing will not be displayed for you.
RafKa and AJA_ like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
have you earned any avios in the last year? if not RFS pricing will not be displayed for you.
Aha, you cracked it - haven't set off in a plane since Feb 2020! Cash tickets it is then...
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:53 am

Hi. I may well be going loop the loop here, but is there any reason that I can't reduce a fare with Avios up to my household balance? I've tried a few times today on the mobile app and mobile ba.com and they're only allowing me to use up to my own balance? I'm sure I've done it before, or maybe not!
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Any clues on Avios availability with QF long haul? Looking near (but not at) end of schedule, and seeing e.g. decent JL availability but no QF. Does it get snapped up by their flyers…? Just not releasing any due to covid/other reasons?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: Skyteam Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum - Hyatt Globalist
Lightbulb Finding QR award space for 3 J seats

Departing out of IAD QR0708 showing 2 business seats available and I need 3. Does anyone know if I should book the 2 seats now and a third seat would open up as we get closer to departure, or is this a risky move not worth the time?
Expert flyer is having trouble with QR awards. Quote: QR award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Sxiebrit
Departing out of IAD QR0708 showing 2 business seats available and I need 3. Does anyone know if I should book the 2 seats now and a third seat would open up as we get closer to departure, or is this a risky move not worth the time?
Expert flyer is having trouble with QR awards. Quote: QR award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience.
I would book the 2 seats.
Sxiebrit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.