FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   18th August LHR-MXP (BA566) Amazing Crew (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2023592-18th-august-lhr-mxp-ba566-amazing-crew.html)

1Aturnleft Aug 19, 2020 6:36 am

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 32614463)
This could be reminiscent of the famous "Breakfast and Printers" exchange on here of some 10 or so years ago :D :tu:

See post 5

mikeyfly Aug 19, 2020 6:38 am

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 32614463)
This could be reminiscent of the famous "Breakfast and Printers" exchange on here of some 10 or so years ago :D :tu:

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 32614468)
this one does seem much tamer with no details on the number of mushrooms

I did post this further up for those who may not know it ..

ThatT1Feeling Aug 19, 2020 7:59 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 32614504)
I did post this further up for those who may not know it ..

Loved that thread - lots of lapsed FTers whose names live long in the memory but who don't seem to post any more :(

TTmex Aug 19, 2020 8:06 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 32613170)

Funny thing reading that is people moaning about the same stuff they do today on here haha

Ancient Observer Aug 19, 2020 8:47 am

At least the breakfast eating printer had some sort of a conclusion.

Scienceteacher and OP have gone quiet.

I wish that the DYKWIA thread was more busy!!

TTmex Aug 19, 2020 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer (Post 32614760)
At least the breakfast eating printer had some sort of a conclusion.

Scienceteacher and OP have gone quiet.

I wish that the DYKWIA thread was more busy!!

With so few flying today, perhaps better to have a DYKWIOW thread. (Once was...)

Ancient Observer Aug 19, 2020 8:55 am

If there was a DYKWIOW reward, I would claim it.
Those of us now blue do not get much for free!

simonsmith Aug 19, 2020 10:55 am

“Everyone around us on the air gate could here you shouting “I’m a gold card holder” and “I’m in business class”. “

Profile says Cathay Diamond and Virgin Gold but not BA Gold ? I do hope you have the right person , I guess you must be very sure you do .

DYKWIA Aug 19, 2020 11:00 am

This is great. The fastest "Like" followed by "Unlike" I've ever done. Somebody better PM flygirl68

:D

Barnaby100 Aug 19, 2020 11:03 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 32614398)
Oh My! This is every bit as good as The Archers. If it is true it just shows that one can never be too careful - indeed these days someone is bound to have a phone primed. If not then we may get an insight as to what all the fuss was about.

It is better than the current endless Archers monologues of woe.

golfmad Aug 19, 2020 11:26 am

This has the capacity to be a once-in-a-decade thread to go down in FT folklore but we need the OP back next :D

HIDDY Aug 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun (Post 32612916)

I have no desire to go into detail apart from a member of the ground staff is not fit to work in any customer facing role and essentially was a bully,

What did they do?

Padmeister Aug 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher (Post 32613007)
I too was on this flight this afternoon and must say the crew were indeed fantastic. I believe a lady also hurt a nerve in her arm and the crew were indeed very sympathetic and dealt with it via the utmost professionalism.

However, I must say if you were the chap shouting at the man in the chap in a red hat - who remained calm and collected though out - I think you need to in future take a step back and evaluate how you were coming across. Everyone around us on the air gate could here you shouting “I’m a gold card holder” and “I’m in business class” and frankly whatever the situation was; raising your voice to that level and being that rude to someone is simply uncalled for. The family in front and lady behind all commented how out of order it was.

I apologise if you are not the aforementioned chap, however, given your post I think you were.

Either way, the crew were indeed outstanding and I’m glad they calmed you down.

No matter what the situation, if you are the sort of person who would shout out loud for everybody to hear "I am a gold card holder and travelling in business class" you are a tool of the highest order! It is completely uncalled for and ridiculous, quite frankly!

BAeuro Aug 19, 2020 5:45 pm

Maybe I’m too British, but when I get annoyed I say nothing at the time and then moan to my family and friends afterwards :D

HIDDY Aug 19, 2020 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Padmeister (Post 32615736)
No matter what the situation, if you are the sort of person who would shout out loud for everybody to hear "I am a gold card holder and travelling in business class" you are a tool of the highest order! It is completely uncalled for and ridiculous, quite frankly!

I've heard it a couple of times and I don't exactly fly a lot so I suspect it's quite a common phenomena. The last Gold card complainer I heard couldn't believe he wasn't closer to the front of the boarding line at the gate and he was flying in ET.