FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   18th August LHR-MXP (BA566) Amazing Crew (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2023592-18th-august-lhr-mxp-ba566-amazing-crew.html)

IAMORGAN Aug 20, 2020 1:00 am

Well, whatever the realities of the situation (and the FT jury is out on that), this must be a good crew member as both posters agreed. If (and I say nothing of that) the OP did get wound up by the TRM/C (red cap) then the CC diffused the situation well. If it wasn’t them (maybe they happened to encounter the TRM just after they had been shouted at and had missed that part and the TRM was caught at a bad moment...) the crew still come out looking good - whichever way you look at it.

So, let’s not get caught up in investigating the whys and wherefores of a situation (and context) we know nothing about and take at face value the praise of Billie - which was the purpose of the thread.

You never know what someone is going through on a particular day - and so it’s always best if possible, in my view, to just take a deep breath and move on. Especially right now, people react to stress in a many different ways.

Misco60 Aug 20, 2020 6:54 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 32616011)
Maybe I’m too British, but when I get annoyed I say nothing at the time and then moan to my family and friends afterwards.

I used to be the same, but then I got old.

I'd never raise my voice, though.

nufnuf77 Aug 20, 2020 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Misco60 (Post 32617044)
I used to be the same, but then I got old.

I'd never raise my voice, though.

You clearly never transported mooncakes

PUCCI GALORE Aug 22, 2020 5:11 am

Now at the risk of being accused of stirring - this thread has gone awfully quiet. Was it or was it not the OP - this is so unfair as I love a good radio soap and this had all the hallmarks.

Indeed, the Purser in question has probably gone herself and I do not blame her even though she may never see this.

I do wonder however if it has sunk in yet that soon FT may have no working crew members posting any more.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 22, 2020 5:14 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 32621919)
stirring

I couldn't possibly comment.

I do wonder however if it has sunk in yet that soon FT may have no working crew members posting any more.
On the other hand I do know this isn't the case. We may be diminished, unfortunately, but this forum is still blessed by multiple crew members, some of whom are not currently working, and some are working regularly.

Littlegirl Aug 22, 2020 5:52 am

In my personal experience it is very common for GCHs to shout at the TRMs that they are gold, this usually happens if one of their bags is oversized or they have more bags/hanging wardrobes than allowed.

For some strange reason, a feeling of entitlement I presume, some card holders believe that being a card holder doesn’t require them to obey the hand baggage rules and they often think they are the only gold onboard whereas on some flights you can have many many gold card holders.

As a SCCM you do often have to tread a diplomatic path when discussing it as you are going to be stuck onboard with an angry GCH all flight otherwise.

flygirl68 Aug 23, 2020 2:22 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 32615079)
This is great. The fastest "Like" followed by "Unlike" I've ever done. Somebody better PM flygirl68

:D

😂😂 well I DID like the opening post! Especially praise of my colleagues.

mikeyfly Aug 29, 2020 5:50 am

Well this was an anticlimax - OP never confirmed or denied he was the shouty Gold Card holder in Club

PUCCI GALORE Aug 29, 2020 6:22 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 32637807)
Well this was an anticlimax - OP never confirmed or denied he was the shouty Gold Card holder in Club

Not so much an anticlimax - more a cliff-hanger. It's odd that you brought this up today as I was thinking about this only this morning and notice that the OP has not posted anywhere on FT at all. One is forced to draw one's own conclusions.

Can I help you Aug 29, 2020 6:38 am

He was on here the next day but chose not to post, probably still trying to prise the tail from between his legs out. :D

mikeyfly Aug 29, 2020 9:28 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 32637861)
Not so much an anticlimax - more a cliff-hanger. It's odd that you brought this up today as I was thinking about this only this morning and notice that the OP has not posted anywhere on FT at all. One is forced to draw one's own conclusions.

Having seen the OP had been online several times, I drew my own conclusions... silence speaks volumes

PUCCI GALORE Aug 29, 2020 10:30 am

Really? How do you tell that? Is it from the active members on line box? I never think to look at that.

EDIwanderer Aug 29, 2020 2:06 pm

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...61d13306e.jpeg
Oooh, I do live a good bit of detective work!

UKTraveller4Fun Aug 30, 2020 1:38 am

I am afraid this post isn't going to satisfy the majority, I said in my original post "I have no desire to go into detail", I intentionally kept it vague and didn't mention any specific ground staff roles or even where the event happened as my post was not about the event but about the crew who were amazing.

They thankfully did not jump to conclusions based on little bits of information and took the time to speak to all involved. While I got to thank Billie and the crew at the time for being so helpful, especially to the lady with the nerve pain in her hand, the "gifts" at the end of the flight and the card signed by the entire crew, due to the way you now need to deplane I did not. It was a lovely touch by someone who reminded me everything that used to be so good about flying BA and is such a shame she has now left.

It is my hope someone who has read this thread does indeed know Billie and has passed on the thanks, having been a member of this community for the best part of 12 years and never posted anything of this nature before it had been hoped that may count as not being what I seem to have been classed as very quickly by some. I appreciate my lack of willingness to participate in the discussion doesn’t help with this but equally I am not about to attack a person behind the anonymity of a forum, I simply stated there was an issue with a member of the ground staff. On reflection knowing FT I should have kept it even more vague.

To answer a few questions on here that I am happy to:

I was under hand baggage allowance and had a checked case for the flight.

I will admit that while wearing a mask and standing best part of 2m away from people I have a tendency to raise my voice as I struggle to hear people, which isn’t helped when I cannot see their lips.

I have flown several times since the new procedures have come in and actually prefer the more specific boarding process, saves the usual scrum, far more civilised.

Finally and clearly most importantly it was suggested that Pucci Galore could be stirring, as if;)! Having been a member of here for so long I don’t like disappointing Pucci Galore, so I hope she will accept my apologies for not providing more juicy details, but that’s not me and if people look back at my posts in the BA forum like they have my profile while I can certainly be vocal about companies and their decisions, I am not one for naming and shaming individuals in place they cannot give their side. Sorry Pucci

smiles in the aisles Aug 30, 2020 2:59 am

Gosh this has made me yet more intrigued. I may have to track down “Billie” to learn more!