FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   18th August LHR-MXP (BA566) Amazing Crew (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2023592-18th-august-lhr-mxp-ba566-amazing-crew.html)

smiles in the aisles Aug 30, 2020 3:02 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 32621919)

I do wonder however if it has sunk in yet that soon FT may have no working crew members posting any more.

As an aside, don’t despair Pucci, a number of us will remain!

PUCCI GALORE Aug 30, 2020 10:57 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun (Post 32639518)
I
Finally and clearly most importantly it was suggested that Pucci Galore could be stirring, as if;)! Having been a member of here for so long I don’t like disappointing Pucci Galore, so I hope she will accept my apologies for not providing more juicy details, but that’s not me and if people look back at my posts in the BA forum like they have my profile while I can certainly be vocal about companies and their decisions, I am not one for naming and shaming individuals in place they cannot give their side. Sorry Pucci

Apology accepted Dear - however I clearly did not make myself clear. After you started a most fulsome and laudatory thread, it was blown completely off track by ScienceTeacher who happened to be on the same flight. I quote

"However, I must say if you were the chap shouting at the man in the chap in a red hat - who remained calm and collected though out - I think you need to in future take a step back and evaluate how you were coming across. Everyone around us on the air gate could here you shouting “I’m a gold card holder” and “I’m in business class” and frankly whatever the situation was; raising your voice to that level and being that rude to someone is simply uncalled for. The family in front and lady behind all commented how out of order it was.

I apologise if you are not the aforementioned chap, however, given your post I think you were."

To that part you have not actually answered Yes or No - now it takes far more than a squabble at an airport to have me salivating, unless you are really George Clooney in which case I would probably have been agog with the flutters. However, the interesting turn of events that another FTer was aboard the flight and witnessed quite another set of circumstances and wondered if this person and you were one and the same person - that was most interesting. We then lost you for over a week - what were to make of that? You must appreciate that in these travel arid times, it take so little to entertain and intrigue us. You would be quite within your rights to tell us to get out more - and we would love to - but self-isolating does rather impede this. Nevertheless, I cannot recall a similar instance in all the 20 or so years that I have been at Flyertalk.

Nevertheless, thank you for making me want to emerge into the light again as clearly if such sensation can be had flying to that dreary Malpensa on a Tuesday afternoon my prosaic peregrinations to and fro Alicante should sparkle. I agree with you 100% about the crews as well.

BOH Aug 30, 2020 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun (Post 32639518)
I will admit that while wearing a mask and standing best part of 2m away from people I have a tendency to raise my voice as I struggle to hear people, which isn’t helped when I cannot see their lips.

I do believe this statement is code for "yes it was me who kicked off at the ground agent at the gate" :p:p

Duck1981 Aug 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 32640150)
Apology accepted Dear - however I clearly did not make myself clear. After you started a most fulsome and laudatory thread, it was blown completely off track by ScienceTeacher who happened to be on the same flight. I quote

"However, I must say if you were the chap shouting at the man in the chap in a red hat - who remained calm and collected though out - I think you need to in future take a step back and evaluate how you were coming across. Everyone around us on the air gate could here you shouting “I’m a gold card holder” and “I’m in business class” and frankly whatever the situation was; raising your voice to that level and being that rude to someone is simply uncalled for. The family in front and lady behind all commented how out of order it was.

I apologise if you are not the aforementioned chap, however, given your post I think you were."

To that part you have not actually answered Yes or No - now it takes far more than a squabble at an airport to have me salivating, unless you are really George Clooney in which case I would probably have been agog with the flutters. However, the interesting turn of events that another FTer was aboard the flight and witnessed quite another set of circumstances and wondered if this person and you were one and the same person - that was most interesting. We then lost you for over a week - what were to make of that? You must appreciate that in these travel arid times, it take so little to entertain and intrigue us. You would be quite within your rights to tell us to get out more - and we would love to - but self-isolating does rather impede this. Nevertheless, I cannot recall a similar instance in all the 20 or so years that I have been at Flyertalk.

Nevertheless, thank you for making me want to emerge into the light again as clearly if such sensation can be had flying to that dreary Malpensa on a Tuesday afternoon my prosaic peregrinations to and fro Alicante should sparkle. I agree with you 100% about the crews as well.

I thought the same - but I wish my German heritage would allow me to express my thinking in such a polished English :)