FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   18th August LHR-MXP (BA566) Amazing Crew (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2023592-18th-august-lhr-mxp-ba566-amazing-crew.html)

UKTraveller4Fun Aug 18, 2020 12:07 pm

18th August LHR-MXP (BA566) Amazing Crew

I hope this isn't against the rules here on FT but as its so easy to post negative experiences I wanted to just say what an absolutely amazing crew it was on the BA566 flight this afternoon!

If anyone here knows them and Billie specifically who sadly is retiring on Friday please pass on our thanks again and say cabin crew like her will very much be missed by the passengers, they are very much what have made BA the airline that we all remember it was like to fly and today reminded me all that is good about stepping onto a BA plane.

I have no desire to go into detail apart from a member of the ground staff is not fit to work in any customer facing role and essentially was a bully, the crew stepped in did an amazing job of resolving the issue and making the flight memorable for all the right reasons.

I know of no other way to express my gratitude than posting on FT and hoping it gets back to them.

I will of course write to BA saying how fantastic they are but sadly it will be far to late for Billie to get that feedback.

Thank you

1Aturnleft Aug 18, 2020 12:34 pm

https://www.britishairways.com/thankyou

Probably a bit late for Billie but others you identify may get some timely recognition.

ScienceTeacher Aug 18, 2020 12:48 pm

I too was on this flight this afternoon and must say the crew were indeed fantastic. I believe a lady also hurt a nerve in her arm and the crew were indeed very sympathetic and dealt with it via the utmost professionalism.

However, I must say if you were the chap shouting at the man in the chap in a red hat - who remained calm and collected though out - I think you need to in future take a step back and evaluate how you were coming across. Everyone around us on the air gate could here you shouting “I’m a gold card holder” and “I’m in business class” and frankly whatever the situation was; raising your voice to that level and being that rude to someone is simply uncalled for. The family in front and lady behind all commented how out of order it was.

I apologise if you are not the aforementioned chap, however, given your post I think you were.

Either way, the crew were indeed outstanding and I’m glad they calmed you down.

bradders239 Aug 18, 2020 2:00 pm

I wonder if he was the DYKWIA merchant, the reason he posted on here was to get his version of the story out before anyone else.

mikeyfly Aug 18, 2020 2:01 pm

Wow another https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...o-manners.html ? :D

krispy84 Aug 18, 2020 2:20 pm

This could be interesting ....... 🍿🍿🍿

VSLover Aug 18, 2020 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher (Post 32613007)
I too was on this flight this afternoon and must say the crew were indeed fantastic. I believe a lady also hurt a nerve in her arm and the crew were indeed very sympathetic and dealt with it via the utmost professionalism.

However, I must say if you were the chap shouting at the man in the chap in a red hat - who remained calm and collected though out - I think you need to in future take a step back and evaluate how you were coming across. Everyone around us on the air gate could here you shouting “I’m a gold card holder” and “I’m in business class” and frankly whatever the situation was; raising your voice to that level and being that rude to someone is simply uncalled for. The family in front and lady behind all commented how out of order it was.

I apologise if you are not the aforementioned chap, however, given your post I think you were.

Either way, the crew were indeed outstanding and I’m glad they calmed you down.

but was his status extended to 2021 or 2022???

Yreal Aug 18, 2020 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 32613204)
This could be interesting ....... 🍿🍿🍿

lets go!

PxC Aug 18, 2020 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun (Post 32612916)
I have no desire to go into detail

Booo

mikeyfly Aug 19, 2020 5:07 am

Well this is rather dull !

LondonTechTraveller Aug 19, 2020 5:20 am

Are you able to say what the altercation was about? What did the ground staff want to happen? How did the cabin crew sort it out?

PUCCI GALORE Aug 19, 2020 5:27 am

Oh My! This is every bit as good as The Archers. If it is true it just shows that one can never be too careful - indeed these days someone is bound to have a phone primed. If not then we may get an insight as to what all the fuss was about.

aoyamaguy Aug 19, 2020 5:54 am

Given that Billie is a fairly distinctive name, I am pretty sure I was on a flight with her on Monday and would echo the above comments. She really is the best of BA and will be sorely missed.

On my flight there was a positioning flight crew member across from me in 1A (I was in 1F with no one in 1C or 1D). I couldn’t help overhear a conversation between him and Billie where it was clear that the recent goings on have been the final straw for her. It was so sad to hear this.

BOH Aug 19, 2020 6:15 am

This could be reminiscent of the famous "Breakfast and Printers" exchange on here of some 10 or so years ago :D :tu:

nufnuf77 Aug 19, 2020 6:18 am

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 32614463)
This could be reminiscent of the famous "Breakfast and Printers" exchange on here of some 10 or so years ago :D :tu:

this one does seem much tamer with no details on the number of mushrooms