Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
I wonder if BA will look into lowering the thresholds again. I am looking to gain status, but it’s becoming an impossible task with all these restrictions and stay at home orders.

My year starts in April, so for at least 4 months of this TP year I have by law not been able to travel. That is 1/3 of the year, but thresholds have only been reduced by 25%.

I’m not moaning, merely pointing out that BA should look at taking action again.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Last edited by BAeuro; Oct 31, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Old Oct 31, 2020, 7:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I wonder if BA will look into lowering the thresholds again. I am looking to gain status, but it’s becoming an impossible task with all these restrictions and stay at home orders.
Is there much point in having status at the moment if you're not traveling much?
Old Oct 31, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by golfmad
Is there much point in having status at the moment if you're not traveling much?
My aim was to fly a lot in late 2021, hence the push to get status this year.

If I’m honest though, things are changing so often that I don’t think you can ‘plan’ anything anymore. So I may just book Club trips when I’d value lounge access most, and for the rest just fly Economy.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold

If I’m honest though, things are changing so often that I don’t think you can ‘plan’ anything anymore. So I may just book Club trips when I’d value lounge access most, and for the rest just fly Economy.
One of the HHA membership year is up in 3 weeks and they were due to achieve Gold with a now presumably cancelled trip next weekend. Would BA show leniency here?
Old Nov 1, 2020, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tom139
One of the HHA membership year is up in 3 weeks and they were due to achieve Gold with a now presumably cancelled trip next weekend. Would BA show leniency here?
I couldn't understand what you meant by HHA membership year? BA Executive Club membership years start on the 9th and end 8th of a month. ( If an +15 day extension is requested, 3 weeks from now is a normal period )

As general advice, if they meet 1500 TP's and 4 BA segments including involuntarily cancelled itineraries, BA would honour them Gold status.
Although, they might not count voluntarily cancelled itineraries.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I couldn't understand what you meant by HHA membership year?
I assume that the OP means that one of the members of his Household Account (HHA) has a collection year ending soon.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by golfmad
The main point, in my view, would be not to have dropped status by the time you can fly again... it is not negligible as such.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I assume that the OP means that one of the members of his Household Account (HHA) has a collection year ending soon.
Thank you, I have never thought about Household Account when I saw "HHA".
Old Nov 1, 2020, 1:27 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Thank you, I have never thought about Household Account when I saw "HHA".
So sorry, that is indeed what I meant - not me, another member of our household account

Thanks, will get them to give BA a call in a few days when we know more.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
The main point, in my view, would be not to have dropped status by the time you can fly again... it is not negligible as such.
That’s right. I would agree with that but that’s not the OP’s situation (to the best of my understanding).
orbitmic and BAeuro like this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold

I would agree it’s impossible to plan anything at the moment. It would be really annoying to spend money to try to gain status to then find it doesn’t happen.

Also the new BA might be a much different airline when things do start to get back to normal - the lounge offerings may be much diminished, the headroom for investing in onboard may not be there, priority boarding may be re-thought etc.

BA may or may not re-think their policy on extending status - but what’s clear is that they’re not really listening to customer feedback on their policies to date.
gcuk, SavvyTravel, BAeuro and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
From my own perspective, I had hoped to retain status as GGL on the basis that 3000 TP is (or was) achievable, but 5000 was really hard. I'm now almost three months into GGL renewal and sitting on zero TP, so achieving the reduced 2250 seems unlikely. That means I'll drop to gold or even silver, and GGL will then probably be impossible to re achieve if/when the world returns to normal. But by then, maybe nobody will be travelling as much as they did prior to March?
ThatT1Feeling and esledo like this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Executive Club: Silver
I called up the BAEC to discuss tier points based on flights cancelled by BA. The representative quoted 3 March 2020 as a 'cut off date', saying that only bookings made before this date that were cancelled by BA would be considered in awarding status based on cancelled tier points. Has anyone been successful in convincing them to consider flights booked after 3 March 2020 that were cancelled by BA?
Old Nov 3, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
I had booked MR to reach at least BAEC Silver this autumn [and stretched target Gold] as well as some "leisure" flights during Q1 2020 [all in CE or Economy/CE mix], however as of now I'm stalled short of Bronze.
My TP year ends 31/3-2021 and I'm seriously start to doubt that I will be able to fly in the TP's needed for Silver with the recent turns of events of the Covid-19 situation.
Will I be able to transfer my 2020 TP in to 2021's TP year [I doubt it but no shame to ask the forum]?
Old Nov 3, 2020, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by GOTBound
I had booked MR to reach at least BAEC Silver this autumn [and stretched target Gold] as well as some "leisure" flights during Q1 2020 [all in CE or Economy/CE mix], however as of now I'm stalled short of Bronze.
My TP year ends 31/3-2021 and I'm seriously start to doubt that I will be able to fly in the TP's needed for Silver with the recent turns of events of the Covid-19 situation.
Will I be able to transfer my 2020 TP in to 2021's TP year [I doubt it but no shame to ask the forum]?
MR = mileage run or tier point run?

If you don't have status at the moment and you're not going to be flying for a while I don't understand the need to fly now to gain status you won't be using?

It is not possible to transfer tier points into next year. They will be reset to 0 at the end of your year. You will benefit from lower status thresholds next year though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.