Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
i am one of the June anomalies

My card expiry has been updated to July 22
But my tier point collection date has stayed at June 21 ??
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by allturnleft
i am one of the June anomalies

My card expiry has been updated to July 22
But my tier point collection date has stayed at June 21 ??
yes, tier poimt collection years aren’t changing. Your tier points will be zeroed as normal on overnight on 8/9 June 2021.
ENTP likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes, tier poimt collection years aren’t changing. Your tier points will be zeroed as normal on overnight on 8/9 June 2021.
Thanks, so is there no point in collecting any before June 10 21? if I just want to stay at my current status?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: British Airways
extension for 12 month.

so as my status is extended to the 30.04.2022 (to collect tier points until the 08.03. of each year) does that mean that I my present tier points for 08.03.2020 to 07.03.2021 will also be extended? Or will these tier point put on 0 on the 07.03.2021, so that I need to collect 1150 (Gold) from the 08.03.2021 to the 07.03.2022.

Last edited by fliegwech; Jul 1, 2020 at 12:22 pm
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by allturnleft
Thanks, so is there no point in collecting any before June 10 21? if I just want to stay at my current status?
not really - other than lifetime TPs. You will maintain your status to end of July 2022.
allturnleft likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
It is hit and miss over whether gifted Gold's get a soft landing. Doing the 4 qualifying flights seems to have something to do with it - if you've had 4 cash segments on BA in the final year, you may get a Silver downgrade. If you don't, it's back to Blue. I'd like to be more specific but I'm working off a very small data set.
I had a gifted Gold card and it soft landed to Silver today, with a new expiry date of 30 June 2022 (i.e. Extended by 12 months)

I finished the year on 20 tier points (4 cash shorthaul economy segments and quite a few short haul redemptions). I did have 500TPs of flights after 8 May cancelled due to Covid19 (F return to USA with domestic connections) so I’m not sure if that was taken into account.

I previously have had “earned” Gold but have had a few years of gifted Gold. In 2018, when my gifted Gold expired, BA extended it by a year despite not achieving the threshold. In fact, I was then kindly gifted Gold again as I hadn’t realised that I had been extended, and the gifted Gold was tagged on the end of the gratis year, so I definitely wasn’t expecting a soft landing!
Old Jul 1, 2020, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by fliegwech
so as my status is extended to the 30.04.2022 (to collect tier points until the 08.03. of each year) does that mean that I my present tier points for 08.03.2020 to 07.03.2021 will also be extended? Or will these tier point put on 0 on the 07.03.2021, so that I need to collect 1150 (Gold) from the 08.03.2021 to the 07.03.2022.
Yes, so any TPs you collect between 9 March 2020 and 8 March 2021 will be zeroed out overnight on 8/9 March 2021 just as usual. They will of course remain on your lifetime TP balance.

You will need to earn the reduced threshold of TPs of 1125 between 9 March 2021 and 8 March 2022 if you want to remain gold beyond 30 April 2022.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 3:27 pm

Is anyone else still waiting for their account to upgrade after meeting the reduced thresholds on Monday?

I am in my first year of ever gaining status, I have gone from Blue through Bronze and Silver and was aiming for Gold (maybe GUF2) finishing before lockdown on 1435 TP (and plenty more cancelled). I have an Oct 2020 year end, my silver status shows on the website as expiring Nov 2022 which is all good, then as I'm over the reduced requirement for Gold it changed to saying 'you have achieved gold membership'. All good so far...

But three days later - I'm still showing as silver. I know it normally takes a day or two and I'm not travelling soon so I'm happy to leave it but I was wanting to see my shiny gold account to make myself feel better...
Old Jul 1, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by alextheengineer
Is anyone else still waiting for their account to upgrade after meeting the reduced thresholds on Monday?

I am in my first year of ever gaining status, I have gone from Blue through Bronze and Silver and was aiming for Gold (maybe GUF2) finishing before lockdown on 1435 TP (and plenty more cancelled). I have an Oct 2020 year end, my silver status shows on the website as expiring Nov 2022 which is all good, then as I'm over the reduced requirement for Gold it changed to saying 'you have achieved gold membership'. All good so far...

But three days later - I'm still showing as silver. I know it normally takes a day or two and I'm not travelling soon so I'm happy to leave it but I was wanting to see my shiny gold account to make myself feel better...
Same here. I thought today would have been the day for the change to happen. Maybe it will happen tomorrow.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by alextheengineer

Still waiting as well. It shows I have achieved my new status, but no new thresholds/updated to new status.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by KARFA
not really - other than lifetime TPs. You will maintain your status to end of July 2022.
Well allturnleft could still upgrade their status in that period. Assuming they are not GGL already.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA gold, HHonors diamond, IHG rewards gold
Good to know it just hasn't happened yet. My mum is on 460 points after a cancelled 160 for silver and I am trying to decide whether to contact them regarding the lost TPs, but since she is over the reduced threshold I assumed it would have happened automatically this week, but so far no dice, just an extension of bronze until August 22!
Old Jul 1, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA gold, HHonors diamond, IHG rewards gold
Actually just found it does say silver has been achieved, I was distracted by all the bronze everywhere. Just taking a while to come through I guess.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
My TP year end is 8 July. I am currently at 430TPs which is just under the reduced threshold of 450 for Silver. That means my status will get extended only till Aug 2011 and I will have to work on requalifying from next week (not going to happen as I am in NZ). Had my year end been at 8 Jun, I would have qualified based on 420TP threshold - which is ironic - and would guaranteed me Silver status until Aug 2022. Should I contact BA and request a goodwill extension?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa
My TP year end is 8 July. I am currently at 430TPs which is just under the reduced threshold of 450 for Silver. That means my status will get extended only till Aug 2011 and I will have to work on requalifying from next week (not going to happen as I am in NZ). Had my year end been at 8 Jun, I would have qualified based on 420TP threshold - which is ironic - and would guaranteed me Silver status until Aug 2022. Should I contact BA and request a goodwill extension?
Can't go back in time, mate! Think you meant Aug 2021.

Do write to BA... for 20 TPs, they may make a concession. Let us know the outome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.