Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Old Jul 2, 20, 11:25 am

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
well if you intend to upgrade within your current year any extension will become irrelevant anyway since the upgrade will give you that status for the rest of your current year and one full year after.
Yes. But if there's an extension for collecting points, much easier to get to Gold or above
Old Jul 2, 20, 11:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iansh View Post
Yes. But if there's an extension for collecting points, much easier to get to Gold or above
there isnt any extension of collection years though. Your collection year will end as normal on 8 October 2020 and your TPs will reset to zero overnight. its 1125 TPs to get hold but you must get the TPs in one collection year.
Old Jul 2, 20, 11:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
You will benefit from the reduced collection levels though.
Old Jul 2, 20, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Your collection period is not being extended, only the length of time that you enjoy status benefits, for those who have it. You will need to earn sufficient points to upgrade your status during the 12 months from your usual Tier Point Anniversary.

Blue is the base level so technically you already have Blue for Life anyway
Old Jul 2, 20, 12:53 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
Right. Shouldve credited those pre-March flights to BA instead then. Oh well...anyway, thanks guys!
Old Jul 2, 20, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA (GGL, CCR & G4LIFE), VS (Gold4life), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Spire Elite), SPG (Plat)
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo View Post
It does appear to be the same situation. BobOnBA confirmed July 8 TP collection, same as yours and also has requalified.

Must be some difference tho... Maybe still hope that you will get 2022 as well.
Same for me with 8 July year end and had earnt 4690 TP and my account now shows end date of aug 2021 which I got based on my own earnings - madness ..Surely this is wrong and it should be aug 2022?
Old Jul 2, 20, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by newbyuk View Post
Same for me with 8 July year end and had earnt 4690 TP and my account now shows end date of aug 2021 which I got based on my own earnings - madness ..Surely this is wrong and it should be aug 2022?
I thought 8th July year end people needed to wait until the end of July for their dates to be adjusted for the same reason that 8th June people had to wait until the end of June.
Old Jul 2, 20, 6:25 pm

Programs: SK EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
I thought 8th July year end people needed to wait until the end of July for their dates to be adjusted for the same reason that 8th June people had to wait until the end of June.
Sadly not as far as I know. Perhaps you are thinking of this:

​​​​​​
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Hi. Have a look at post 1338 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32481464-post1338.html

May and June card expiry extensions won't happen until the end of June/July.
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
Where status has been retained or upgraded, the extension (of the retained or upgraded status) will show tomorrow (29 June).

Where status has not been retained, the extension (of the downgraded status) will show at the end of the current card expiry (30 June for 8 May membership year ends, and 31 July for 8 June membership year ends).

As per: https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...-tier-upgrade/
July 8 TP year-end falls on the wrong side of the isotweak (isodor?) - a couple of posters with July 8 TP reset date have reported of being told by a BAEC agent that they will be given at some point soon an extra year extension in the case where they have requalified (such that the extension already given to 2021 is effectively redundant), but at least at the moment the general accepted view is that this is unlikely to be the case (though it will be a nice surprise if it happens - esp. for me if also for an Aug 8 TP reset date 😁 )

Last edited by GinFizz; Jul 2, 20 at 8:37 pm
Old Jul 2, 20, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
Sadly not as far as I know. Perhaps you are thinking of this:
Yes, quite possibly.
Old Jul 2, 20, 10:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post

​​​​​​...
falls on the wrong side of the isotweak (isodor?)

​​​​​​...
Wossat then ?
Old Jul 2, 20, 11:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Still no change to Silver on my account with the reduced thresholds. Still says Silver achieved. It usually wouldn't take this long...
Old Jul 3, 20, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
‘July 8 TP year-end falls on the wrong side of the isotweak (isodor?) - a couple of posters with July 8 TP reset date have reported of being told by a BAEC agent that they will be given at some point soon an extra year extension in the case where they have requalified (such that the extension already given to 2021 is effectively redundant), but at least at the moment the general accepted view is that this is unlikely to be the case (though it will be a nice surprise if it happens - esp. for me if also for an Aug 8 TP reset date 😁 )’

Will be very interested to see if that happens?

Currently Silver with TPY end 8th Oct, and 500 TPs. Got an extension to end Nov 21 but on the reduced thresholds I’ve earned it anyway! No chance of getting 625TPs by early October, but if I get a nice surprise that month to my status end date I will be very happy (but not expecting it).

At least if we can get back to anything like normal, I have a chance of going for Gold next year, but I expect to have a shed load of Avios and 2-4-1 vouchers back due to likely cancelled ( 3 more) redemption flights and can’t really do both in one TPY?

Last edited by Alan T; Jul 3, 20 at 1:30 am
Old Jul 3, 20, 2:05 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by newbyuk View Post
Welcome to the club - 8 July TP year end, no opportunity to move up a tier, so Aug 21 end date. Its a world of difference from where we would have been with an 8 June TP year end.
Old Jul 3, 20, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH *S
Another 8 July question

Hi all, another person with a July 8 year end and a question, sorry if this has already been answered upstream.

My account is already showing 31 Aug 2021 as card expiry date. I've been sitting on 945 TPs but the App has recently updated to show that I now only need 180 TPs to requalify. I had a flight to the US in March in WTP cancelled at the very last minute, is it worth contacting BAEC to have these TPs credited and might there be any benefit in doing so? I've seen reference to email or a contact form being the best way of doing this but can't find it on the website, any pointers?
Old Jul 3, 20, 4:33 am

Hi,

I have 650 TPs with a collection year due to end in Oct 20. I have two eligible sectors (cash s/h J), so I am only a bronze (I need two further eligible sectors).

I had a booking with American for April 20, which was cancelled and refunded by the operator. This was in cash l/h J (I or R class) and would have earned me 320 TPs (taking my total to 970) and an additioanl two eligible sectors (two of the three sectors in the reservation were under BA flight numbers, albeit operated by American). I still have a copy of the ticket and receipt. NB this was booked via a corporate portal (as all my travel is). We don't have any contract with BA.

Is there any prospect that BAEC will upgrade my account to the silver card based on its activity as it stands, ie 650 TPs and two eligible sectors, or will I have to fly an additional two eligible sectors by October of this year to qualify, as usual?

Search this Thread