Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by alextheengineer
Is anyone else still waiting for their account to upgrade after meeting the reduced thresholds on Monday?
I'm in the same situation: I see "You have achieved Gold membership", but I'm still Silver. Has anyone's status been actually upgraded with the reduced TP requirements? Any idea when we should expect this to happen?

Shuly
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by shuly
I'm in the same situation: I see "You have achieved Gold membership", but I'm still Silver. Has anyone's status been actually upgraded with the reduced TP requirements? Any idea when we should expect this to happen?

Shuly
I’m quite happy I dropped down to silver last year as I qualified for gold this year on the reduced threshold. However although the app says I have achieved gold, I’m yet to receive the card and the 1 year extension. I won’t hold my breath.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
. Maybe it will happen tomorrow.
Or not... Still Bronze even though it says Silver achieved. And I have nothing listed under Executive Club Items either. Starting to think it might only be upgrading at the end of the collection year. I guess we shall see. Would have preferred to be upgraded now though.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Priority Spire, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by essouira
Have you tried Twitter ? I received a response quite quickly asking me to send a private message. Good luck !
Got there in the end!

I received a response from BA Exec from my own 'missing Avios/tier point' claim they added the tier points and Avios for the return flight Mrs D & I were due to take that was cancelled. From this, I responded back that they had still not honored on my wife's account. I had to be added as a 'nominated' person on her account to be able to discuss. A short while later the points appeared in her account. So all's well that ends well.

In the meantime, there is a good old fashioned letter probably sitting somewhere in BA right now with my request.

Thank you ever so much everyone for all your help!!

Sadly, I fly back to DXB this Saturday on Emirates, as there is no BA flight, but hope to take a BA flight early August fingers crossed! I'm looking forward to the mandatory COVID-19 test on arrival and isolation until the results come through
Old Jul 2, 2020, 7:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Dominic14
Got there in the end!

I received a response from BA Exec from my own 'missing Avios/tier point' claim they added the tier points and Avios for the return flight Mrs D & I were due to take that was cancelled. From this, I responded back that they had still not honored on my wife's account. I had to be added as a 'nominated' person on her account to be able to discuss. A short while later the points appeared in her account. So all's well that ends well.

In the meantime, there is a good old fashioned letter probably sitting somewhere in BA right now with my request.

Thank you ever so much everyone for all your help!!

Sadly, I fly back to DXB this Saturday on Emirates, as there is no BA flight, but hope to take a BA flight early August fingers crossed! I'm looking forward to the mandatory COVID-19 test on arrival and isolation until the results come through
Glad you got it resolved. Just to clarify though, did BA take the tier points into consideration for the cancelled flight(s) and adjust your status accordingly or did the tier points actually post to your account and count towards your lifetime total?
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Priority Spire, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Glad you got it resolved. Just to clarify though, did BA take the tier points into consideration for the cancelled flight(s) and adjust your status accordingly or did the tier points actually post to your account and count towards your lifetime total?
Tier points, Avios and number of flights were all posted to the account for the membership year taking her to 615 Tier points and reaching Silver status. I'm not sure what her previous lifetime balance was so not sure whether it counted towards that but I presume as it was reflected for the current membership year it did!
Old Jul 2, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: OW
Tier points, Avios and number of flights were all posted to the account for the membership year taking her to 615 Tier points and reaching Silver status. I'm not sure what her previous lifetime balance was so not sure whether it counted towards that but I presume as it was reflected for the current membership year it did!
I had it the other way around - Silver with <450TP and only 2/4 flights showing up
Old Jul 2, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Thats a good outcome . Some others were refused the actual TP and avios. Good result!
Old Jul 2, 2020, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
Thats a good outcome . Some others were refused the actual TP and avios. Good result!
I don't much care about the Avios but I would love to have the ~3,000 lifetime tier points that were lost through cancellation.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
Hi, not sure this has been asked. Does the extension apply to Blue? Moving from CX to BA so will be more incentivised if I have more time to earn before my CX status lapses.
Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by iansh
Hi, not sure this has been asked. Does the extension apply to Blue? Moving from CX to BA so will be more incentivised if I have more time to earn before my CX status lapses.
Thanks.
Yes. Even new members who join now will benefit from the reduced levels. Sorry. I was answering about the reduced levels not the extension. I'm not sure about that.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:19 am

Yes. Even new members who join now will benefit from the reduced levels. Sorry. I was answering about the reduced levels not the extension. I'm not sure about that.
Ah great! When will the expiry date be extended? Read it would be within 2 weeks from 11 June but nothing in the app. Or it's more just before the current expiry date?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:21 am

Ah great! When will the expiry date be extended? Read it would be within 2 weeks from 11 June but nothing in the app. Or it's more just before the current expiry date?
When month is your year end and what does your card expiration date say at the moment?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
well if you intend to upgrade within your current year any extension will become irrelevant anyway since the upgrade will give you that status for the rest of your current year and one full year after.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:25 am

When month is your year end and what does your card expiration date say at the moment?
Collection year ends in Oct. and car expiry Nov.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.