Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:10 am

Hi. Below is the current status of my account. I've been told two versions of events by Exec Club. From what I see, is what I'm about to say true? That as my card expires 31 Aug 22 I don't need to (even though I will) accrue any TP during the entire year 09 Jul 20 to 08 Jul 21, then the following year ending 08 Jul 22 I must earn the reduced 1125 TP to retain Gold? Please note that I attained Gold in May even though my TP's say I've got 960. I was upgraded by Exec Club due to cancelled flights between May and Jul.

Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. Below is the current status of my account. I've been told two versions of events by Exec Club. From what I see, is what I'm about to say true? That as my card expires 31 Aug 22 I don't need to (even though I will) accrue any TP during the entire year 09 Jul 20 to 08 Jul 21, then the following year ending 08 Jul 22 I must earn the reduced 1125 TP to retain Gold? Please note that I attained Gold in May even though my TP's say I've got 960. I was upgraded by Exec Club due to cancelled flights between May and Jul.
So going forward you don't need to earn anything in your current collection year up to 8 July 2021 - your status will be maintained in to the next collection year of 9 July 2021 to 8 July 2022 regardless.

If you want to maintain gold in your 9 July 2022 to 8 July 2023 collection year you will need to earn the reduced threshold of 1125 TPs from 9 July 2021 to 8 July 2022..
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
So going forward you don't need to earn anything in your current collection year up to 8 July 2021 - your status will be maintained in to the next collection year of 9 July 2021 to 8 July 2022 regardless.

If you want to maintain gold in your 9 July 2022 to 8 July 2023 collection year you will need to earn the reduced threshold of 1125 TPs from 9 July 2021 to 8 July 2022..
Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC
How does this affect me?

Been trying to find an answer for this for a while. I'm BA blue at the moment, 570 TP and no eligible flights done. My point collection year ends on 8th of July. Am I just losing my TPs as I wasn't able to take 4 BA flights needed for silver due to Covid? I planned to do these during the spring/early summer, but I couldn't.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Spearfly
Been trying to find an answer for this for a while. I'm BA blue at the moment, 570 TP and no eligible flights done. My point collection year ends on 8th of July. Am I just losing my TPs as I wasn't able to take 4 BA flights needed for silver due to Covid? I planned to do these during the spring/early summer, but I couldn't.

yes you will need to take the flights. Im sitting at 590 points and 3 flights taken so hoping my flight later this month actually runs
Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:09 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
I was informed by BA CS that it could take until end of July to kick in.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Hello Spearfly and welcome to FlyerTalk.

It's a long shot but did you have your planned BA marketed/operated flights booked? If you did and you subsequently cancelled them it's just possible BAEC might take this into account. If you were just planning on traveling but had not booked the flights it won't be of any use.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:20 pm

Quick query that I sound be grateful if someone could help me with. Basically about a month ago I had my silver status extended to 30 September 2021 by BA. At that time I was 85 tier points short of that occurring naturally. My query is - if I was still collect 85 tier points before my tier point collect year ends, what would happen? Nothing, or would my silver status be extended to September 2022? Thanks in advance, Geebsie
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Geebsie
Quick query that I sound be grateful if someone could help me with. Basically about a month ago I had my silver status extended to 30 September 2021 by BA. At that time I was 85 tier points short of that occurring naturally. My query is - if I was still collect 85 tier points before my tier point collect year ends, what would happen? Nothing, or would my silver status be extended to September 2022? Thanks in advance, Geebsie
basically nothing. You wouldn’t get a further year if you requalify anyway now so I wouldn’t go out of your way to earn the remaining 85 between now and 8 August.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 10:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just woke up to find my account showing as Silver finally! And even better, its now showing my expiry date as August 2022! To be honest, I was getting a little impatient seeing as my end date was fast approaching ( July 8th end date) but happy to see that I'm finally Silver and received an additional extension.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 11:47 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by golfmad
Hello Spearfly and welcome to FlyerTalk.

It's a long shot but did you have your planned BA marketed/operated flights booked? If you did and you subsequently cancelled them it's just possible BAEC might take this into account. If you were just planning on traveling but had not booked the flights it won't be of any use.
Thank you and thanks for all replies.
i didn’t had anything booked as Covid ruined my plans. So conclusion is that I didn’t get anything from this, just lost my opportunity due to Covid...
Old Jul 7, 2020, 12:02 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Thank you and thanks for all replies.
i didn’t had anything booked as Covid ruined my plans. So conclusion is that I didn’t get anything from this, just lost my opportunity due to Covid...
You should get the thresholds lowered though for your new TP collection year.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by SonicStar817
Just woke up to find my account showing as Silver finally! And even better, its now showing my expiry date as August 2022! To be honest, I was getting a little impatient seeing as my end date was fast approaching ( July 8th end date) but happy to see that I'm finally Silver and received an additional extension.
Same here. Was upgraded to Gold with an additional year (up to October 2022). Kudos to BA.

Shuly
SonicStar817 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Finally got upgraded to Bronze as well (on segments), for a year so no extension. Not a problem since I easily should make that threshold in my next TP year. Silver should be achievable as well, especially on the lowered threshold of 37 segments.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 4:55 am

I’m wondering if someone could give me some advice please as I’m really confused with the extension rules. I have been silver for a number of years but dropped to a Bronze on my last renewal. I was due to get Silver back with planned flights but cancellations have halted that. My Bronze card has been extended to October 2021, I’ve got 280 Tier points collected so far this year, do I now lose these tier points unless I can accrue a further 170 before my renewal date of 8th September 2020 or given my card has been extended does that mean I continue earning into my renewal year through to September 2021?
Any help would be really appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.