Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2020, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mzb00
Planned long haul services for June 2020, published by routesonline.com

Long-haul routes
As of 0930GMT 07MAY20, planned June 2020 long-haul operation as follows. Additional changes expected in the next few days.

Heathrow to Boston: 1 daily 787-8
Heathrow to Chicago O’Hare: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Delhi: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Hong Kong: 3 weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Los Angeles: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Mumbai: 787-9 operates alternating days (from 1st July)
Heathrow to New York JFK: 2 daily 747-400/777-200ER Daily 777-200ER
Heathrow to San Francisco: 1 daily 787-8 (from 8th June)
Heathrow to Sao Paulo Guarulhos: 1 daily 777-300ER (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Singapore: 777-300ER operates alternating days
Heathrow to Tel Aviv: 1 daily A350-1000XWB 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Toronto: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Washington Dulles: 1 daily A350-1000XWB

BA currently lists London Heathrow – Beijing Daxing (from 14JUN20) and London Heathrow – Shanghai Pu Dong schedule for June 2020, however only following booking class open for reservation: A / C / E / B. Both routes scheduled as alternating days service.

Short haul routes
British Airways in recent schedule update filed planned European operations for the month of June 2020. From London Heathrow, the oneWorld carrier plans to resume additional routes, offering 316 weekly flight departures (based on 10MAY20 OAG schedules data), instead of 1750 weekly listed as of 15MAR20.

As of 10MAY20, schedule listing also sees BA CityFlyer resumes operation, offering service from London City, Edinburgh and Glasgow from 01JUN20, while London Gatwick departures to be resumed by 01JUL20. Due to ongoing development, these plan may see further modification in the next few days.

Edinburgh – Florence 2 weekly
Edinburgh – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
Glasgow – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
London City – Amsterdam 16 weekly
London City – Berlin Tegel 9 weekly
London City – Dublin 17 weekly
London City – Edinburgh 17 weekly
London City – Florence 4 weekly
London City – Frankfurt 9 weekly
London City – Glasgow 13 weekly
London City – Ibiza 4 weekly
London City – Isle of Man 6 weekly
London City – Milan Linate 11 weekly
London City – Nice 4 weekly 0
London City – Rotterdam 15 weekly
London Heathrow – Aberdeen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Amsterdam 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Athens eff 19JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Barcelona 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Basel/Mulhouse 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Belfast City 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Berlin Tegel 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bologna 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Brussels 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bucharest 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Budapest 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Copenhagen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dalaman 1 weekly
London Heathrow – Dublin 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dusseldorf 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Edinburgh 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Faro 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Geneva 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Gibraltar 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Glasgow 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Ibiza 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Istanbul 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Krakow 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Larnaca eff 18JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Lisbon 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Madrid 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Malaga 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Manchester 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Milan Linate 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Domodedovo 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Sheremetyevo 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Munich 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Nice 11 weekly 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Oslo 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Palma Mallorca 13 weekly
London Heathrow – Paris CDG 7 weekly 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Prague 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Reykjavik Keflavik 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Rome 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Sofia 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Split 5 weekly
London Heathrow – Stockholm Arlanda 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Tenerife South 2 weekly
London Heathrow – Valencia 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Venice 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Warsaw 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zagreb 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zurich 7 weekly

Print Wikipost

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by sammyg901
Looks like they're going to run every-other-day BA 11/12 rotations on the 12F 777-200s in June which are a very unusual visitor to Singapore in passenger service
I count myself lucky that we were booked on a day that BA11 is not running!

Got a full refund for two bookings for a party of 4 - one using avios and an Amex 2-4-1 and the other using a GUF2 to upgrade two to CW.

I’ve just checked and the avios and GUF2 have already been redeposited. I haven’t checked my husband’s account for the 2-4-1 yet. Strangely the GUF2 expiry date has not changed. I had expected 6 months to be added...
sammyg901 likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
I count myself lucky that we were booked on a day that BA11 is not running!
Yes. Phew! Some of the flights aren't especially empty judging by the seat maps and presumably virtually none of those people actually want to /can travel so will be left taking a voucher or claiming on insurance
Old May 7, 2020, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
They are already at S - I got an email about the cancellation of LHR-SIN on 2nd June at around 9am this morning.
SEA-LHR on 19 June (BA48) Cancellation email received at 8:45am British time.
Old May 7, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Chances of LHR to JNB running on the 6th June?

Do we think this will be an essential route to maintain during lockdown assuming flights might not properly start until July.

Cheers
Old May 7, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold. IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by greenchicken
Email just received saying my flight to Nashville on 18 June cancelled. When I click through MMB I am told I need to call to make a change.

Just to get your final thoughts on my plans now - I want to move this to May 2021, ideally staying the first couple of weeks in May, and change the destination to Atlanta if they'll allow it.

It was paid using Avios and an Amex 2-4-1. I think I need to hang fire for a couple of weeks until these new dates are on sale, call up BA and ask to make the change, hoping there are flights in Business with Avios availability that roughly match the time period I want to travel? The 2-4-1 was extended and expires on 7 May 2021 so I would need the outbound flight to be before that date, is that right?

If there is no availability on the dates I want, or I can't change the destination, I will take the Book with Confidence voucher and start from scratch, as the validity of the 2-4-1 will be extended to 2022.
No need for Avios availability.. see :-

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...not-available/
Old May 7, 2020, 1:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by greenchicken
Email just received saying my flight to Nashville on 18 June cancelled. When I click through MMB I am told I need to call to make a change.

Just to get your final thoughts on my plans now - I want to move this to May 2021, ideally staying the first couple of weeks in May, and change the destination to Atlanta if they'll allow it.

It was paid using Avios and an Amex 2-4-1. I think I need to hang fire for a couple of weeks until these new dates are on sale, call up BA and ask to make the change, hoping there are flights in Business with Avios availability that roughly match the time period I want to travel? The 2-4-1 was extended and expires on 7 May 2021 so I would need the outbound flight to be before that date, is that right?

If there is no availability on the dates I want, or I can't change the destination, I will take the Book with Confidence voucher and start from scratch, as the validity of the 2-4-1 will be extended to 2022.
If you rebook now your flights are cancelled you won't need availability, but you may be limited by your ticket validity since you can only book up to a year from original ticket validity, and the expiry date of your 241 where all outbound flights must be taken by validity date - i.e. May 2021.

If you go down the voucher route then at least your 241 and will be kept alive until the voucher deadline of April 2022. All avios and all cash (taxes/charges/fees) will be held on the voucher. But when you come to rebook you will need avios availability.

Have a look at this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32337156-post1899.html
Old May 7, 2020, 2:17 pm

Hi KARFA

So if I'm reading you right. My DXB flights that I booked the best part of 11 months out, means that with the new policy, I will only have a month to book the flights without the need for availability.

The year of booking without availability starts from the day you made the booking. Not when it was cancelled?

Thanks, as always.
Old May 7, 2020, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by eugegall
Hi KARFA

So if I'm reading you right. My DXB flights that I booked the best part of 11 months out, means that with the new policy, I will only have a month to book the flights without the need for availability.

The year of booking without availability starts from the day you made the booking. Not when it was cancelled?

Thanks, as always.
yes, if your flights are cancelled and you want to book on to another future dates without the need for reward availability it is 12 months from original ticket issue..
Old May 7, 2020, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes, if your flights are cancelled and you want to book on to another future dates without the need for reward availability it is 12 months from original ticket issue..
Ah balls!!

Thanks anyway.

Any easy way to find out the date we booked? No emails unfortunately.
Old May 7, 2020, 3:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It is very, very important to retain your e-ticket email. Deleting them has cost one FTer many thousands of pounds. Just use Google Drive or some such to keep key data (also the cancellation conditions at the time of purchase, while I'm at it).

But the ticket issue date can be found towards the top of the Royal Jordanian version of Manage Booking.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by KARFA
Ah balls!!

Thanks anyway.

Completely crazy, huh?

I have taken about £8k off BA since lockdown began and if (as I expect) a US family trip in July has flights cancelled then that will take another £6k. What strikes me is that if they just made SOMETHING positive about the vouchers- e.g. increase the face value by 25%, convert CW tickets to space available F, sprinkle bonus avios, allow booking for 2 years from the planned date of travel- I'm not an expert in what is possible but really, they could try something, anything- then it would make it at least somewhat desirable for some people not to want a refund.

I am sure I am not unique in thinking that I will probably be spending a reasonable amount of money again with BA by the end of the year/beginning of next, and I am fortunate enough not to need the cash back immediately, so why are BA making it so blindingly non-sensical for anyone in their right mind to take the voucher instead of a refund?

Although, it may well be that many of the pax are just accepting the vouchers? The nudge to not bother with a refund is pretty strong.
eugegall likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Completely crazy, huh?

I have taken about £8k off BA since lockdown began and if (as I expect) a US family trip in July has flights cancelled then that will take another £6k. What strikes me is that if they just made SOMETHING positive about the vouchers- e.g. increase the face value by 25%, convert CW tickets to space available F, sprinkle bonus avios, allow booking for 2 years from the planned date of travel- I'm not an expert in what is possible but really, they could try something, anything- then it would make it at least somewhat desirable for some people not to want a refund.

I am sure I am not unique in thinking that I will probably be spending a reasonable amount of money again with BA by the end of the year/beginning of next, and I am fortunate enough not to need the cash back immediately, so why are BA making it so blindingly non-sensical for anyone in their right mind to take the voucher instead of a refund?

Although, it may well be that many of the pax are just accepting the vouchers? The nudge to not bother with a refund is pretty strong.
They have done precisely that, future vouchers are now valid until April 2022.

Just to be clear, with regards to rebooking reward flights and not needing reward availability as discussed above this is where flights in the booking have been cancelled and has nothing to do with the future travel voucher.
Old May 7, 2020, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It is very, very important to retain your e-ticket email. Deleting them has cost one FTer many thousands of pounds. Just use Google Drive or some such to keep key data (also the cancellation conditions at the time of purchase, while I'm at it).

But the ticket issue date can be found towards the top of the Royal Jordanian version of Manage Booking.
Lesson learnt! Thanks for the heads up.

Now my booking is cancelled, there is nothing in my MMB. Other than the new design page that literally says, cancel or change booking. Zero booking information.

Any other ways?
Old May 7, 2020, 4:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Lesson learnt! Thanks for the heads up.

Now my booking is cancelled, there is nothing in my MMB. Other than the new design page that literally says, cancel or change booking. Zero booking information.

Any other ways?
Nothing in RJ or Qantas? It sometimes lingers there a bit but otherwise you could try seeing if your credit card account has some information, e.g. if you click the + button or similar. Or just ring up and ask, if you want rebooking you would have to do that anyway.
Old May 8, 2020, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Nothing in RJ or Qantas? It sometimes lingers there a bit but otherwise you could try seeing if your credit card account has some information, e.g. if you click the + button or similar. Or just ring up and ask, if you want rebooking you would have to do that anyway.
Ah thanks, that worked well.

Ticket issued on 7th July. Doesn't give me too much time although availability is pretty open at the moment.

Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.