FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Apr 30, 2020, 6:38 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by greenchicken
But would this not mean I am limited to flights with Reward availability? Whereas if I were to call now and move my flights (well I'd need to wait until 355 days before they are online) I could pick any flight with First seats available? Sorry if I'm confused.
As I understand it your flights are out to Nashville on 18 June returning 2 weeks later from New Orleans in CW using a 2-4-1. I also understand your flights are not yet cancelled, but could well be in the coming weeks.

If your flights are cancelled
Your choices will be:

1 cancel, you will get all the avios, all the cash (taxes/fees/charges), and the 2-4-1 refunded. The 2-4-1 should have already been extended by 6 months - have a look in your my evouchers area - either click on "more voucher information" under the "My eVouchers" summary on your baec homepage or go in to "manage my account" then "My eVouchers". Like 4 below when you come to rebook you need reward availability.

2 rebook for future dates on the same route, if you simply rebook then you do not need reward availability and as long as there is space in the cabin you should be fine. You need to book within the original validity of your ticket, i.e.one year from when you first bought it.

If your flights do not get cancelled
As a last resort if your flights never get cancelled but you do not wish to travel you have two options which you need to action by 24 hours before the departure date:

3 apply for a future travel voucher. Everything (avios, cash, 2-4-1) is held on the voucher. When you come to rebook you need reward availability. Your 2-4-1 will be valid for as long as the voucher is. Or you can rebook under the book with confidence policy straight away and the value of your original booking will be put towards the new one - if you subsequently rebook for dates beyond August you will need reward availability.

4 cancel, you will get all the avios back, the cash minus a £35 per person cancellation fee, and the 2-4-1. The 2-4-1 should have already been extended by 6 months - have a look in your my evouchers area - either click on "more voucher information" under the "My eVouchers" summary on your baec homepage or go in to "manage my account" then "My eVouchers".

For both 3 & 4 when you come to rebook you need reward availability.

Summary

I don't see any point you calling BA atm whilst your flights are still running. Wait to see if they get cancelled, if any flight on the booking is cancelled you can then do either of 1 or 2. If your flights do not get cancelled then it is 3 or 4.

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 30, 2020 at 9:19 am