Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Old May 8, 20, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mzb00
Planned long haul services for June 2020, published by routesonline.com

Long-haul routes
As of 0930GMT 07MAY20, planned June 2020 long-haul operation as follows. Additional changes expected in the next few days.

Heathrow to Boston: 1 daily 787-8
Heathrow to Chicago OHare: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Delhi: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Hong Kong: 3 weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Los Angeles: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Mumbai: 787-9 operates alternating days (from 1st July)
Heathrow to New York JFK: 2 daily 747-400/777-200ER Daily 777-200ER
Heathrow to San Francisco: 1 daily 787-8 (from 8th June)
Heathrow to Sao Paulo Guarulhos: 1 daily 777-300ER (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Singapore: 777-300ER operates alternating days
Heathrow to Tel Aviv: 1 daily A350-1000XWB 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Toronto: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Washington Dulles: 1 daily A350-1000XWB

BA currently lists London Heathrow Beijing Daxing (from 14JUN20) and London Heathrow Shanghai Pu Dong schedule for June 2020, however only following booking class open for reservation: A / C / E / B. Both routes scheduled as alternating days service.

Short haul routes
British Airways in recent schedule update filed planned European operations for the month of June 2020. From London Heathrow, the oneWorld carrier plans to resume additional routes, offering 316 weekly flight departures (based on 10MAY20 OAG schedules data), instead of 1750 weekly listed as of 15MAR20.

As of 10MAY20, schedule listing also sees BA CityFlyer resumes operation, offering service from London City, Edinburgh and Glasgow from 01JUN20, while London Gatwick departures to be resumed by 01JUL20. Due to ongoing development, these plan may see further modification in the next few days.

Edinburgh Florence 2 weekly
Edinburgh Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
Glasgow Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
London City Amsterdam 16 weekly
London City Berlin Tegel 9 weekly
London City Dublin 17 weekly
London City Edinburgh 17 weekly
London City Florence 4 weekly
London City Frankfurt 9 weekly
London City Glasgow 13 weekly
London City Ibiza 4 weekly
London City Isle of Man 6 weekly
London City Milan Linate 11 weekly
London City Nice 4 weekly 0
London City Rotterdam 15 weekly
London Heathrow Aberdeen 7 weekly
London Heathrow Amsterdam 14 weekly
London Heathrow Athens eff 19JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow Barcelona 14 weekly
London Heathrow Basel/Mulhouse 4 weekly
London Heathrow Belfast City 7 weekly
London Heathrow Berlin Tegel 7 weekly
London Heathrow Bologna 3 weekly
London Heathrow Brussels 7 weekly
London Heathrow Bucharest 4 weekly
London Heathrow Budapest 10 weekly
London Heathrow Copenhagen 7 weekly
London Heathrow Dalaman 1 weekly
London Heathrow Dublin 7 weekly
London Heathrow Dusseldorf 6 weekly
London Heathrow Edinburgh 14 weekly
London Heathrow Faro 6 weekly
London Heathrow Geneva 7 weekly
London Heathrow Gibraltar 4 weekly
London Heathrow Glasgow 7 weekly
London Heathrow Ibiza 11 weekly
London Heathrow Istanbul 3 weekly
London Heathrow Krakow 3 weekly
London Heathrow Larnaca eff 18JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow Lisbon 11 weekly
London Heathrow Madrid 7 weekly
London Heathrow Malaga 4 weekly
London Heathrow Manchester 7 weekly
London Heathrow Milan Linate 7 weekly
London Heathrow Moscow Domodedovo 14 weekly
London Heathrow Moscow Sheremetyevo 7 weekly
London Heathrow Munich 7 weekly
London Heathrow Nice 11 weekly 7 weekly
London Heathrow Oslo 4 weekly
London Heathrow Palma Mallorca 13 weekly
London Heathrow Paris CDG 7 weekly 4 weekly
London Heathrow Prague 7 weekly
London Heathrow Reykjavik Keflavik 3 weekly
London Heathrow Rome 11 weekly
London Heathrow Sofia 3 weekly
London Heathrow Split 5 weekly
London Heathrow Stockholm Arlanda 7 weekly
London Heathrow Tenerife South 2 weekly
London Heathrow Valencia 4 weekly
London Heathrow Venice 10 weekly
London Heathrow Warsaw 3 weekly
London Heathrow Zagreb 3 weekly
London Heathrow Zurich 7 weekly

Print Wikipost

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Old May 5, 20, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
Do I want to sit on a flight anywhere wearing a mask that makes my specs steam up without so much as a glass of pop?
I'm very glad to learn that I'm not the only one whose glasses steam up when wearing a mask. It makes shopping and, especially, paying very difficult (and masks are mandatory when shopping here).
PUCCI GALORE and Grande Annee like this.
Old May 5, 20, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GOLD, LF HH Diamond, IHG Plat/AMB
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
What I gathered from French news last night is that the whole approach is a dog's breakfast. Every EU member state is doing their own thing - France will allow Schengen countries and the UK enter French territory without quarantine and their will be none of this immunity passport either. I do think that it is too early to be able to know whether one can travel, whether the borders will be open and what will be open and available when you get there.

I would not dream of travelling to the USA before August as there seems to be an utterly chaotic response depending which State it is. Some are clearly in denial, and others are prepared to take the risks of worsening the crisis because people have run out of money. What I would not do is leave an area where health care is taken as a right to all citizens, to one where it is available to those who pay. Without dealing with the wrongs and rights, all that I would say is that I would not go to a country where if I caught this I would leave hospital with a 5 figure minimum hospital bill and if I was carried to the mortuary my family would be pursued for the same. There are enough risks without seeking those which are unnecessary. We still know too little about this vius and whether, like flu it will dissipate in summer or worsen again with the approach of winter. Do I want to sit on a flight anywhere wearing a mask that makes my specs steam up without so much as a glass of pop? I'm waiting for the return of normality. If it ever returns.

All one can do is be patient and wait and see. Before any other thing I want there to be zero deaths and zero admissions to hospital with this cruel disease for which there is no cure as of today's date. People have suffered enough. That to me is far more important than whether I get to take flights - and let me assure you that this situation is affecting my plans. We are not in the same boat, we are in the same storm.
A well balanced and sensible post/advice that should guide everybody.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old May 5, 20, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
My flight to LAS in mid-July has now disappeared from MMB. I never received a "flight cancelled" mail, the first communication was the voucher email. I had applied for the voucher a month ago and my claim was rejected as BA said I was not eligible, and indeed the flight remained in MMB, but it's now disappeared.

No forward flights in MMB is an odd thing to see.
Old May 5, 20, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flight Pass rebooking

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Note your booking has to still be in the Self Serve channel for rebooking to be enabled.
Just in case it's useful to anyone else on here, it is possible to self-serve bookings made with a flight pass following flight cancellation (not sure if this is usually the case, but certainly I've been able to change a recently-cancelled booking to a different date using MMB). A cash refund is also possible by phoning BA.

Just editing this following further contact today from BA. BA now say they cannot refund the payment because they don't know how much to refund nor do they have access to the card number used. The refund can't be made until OptionTown who run the flight pass scheme call the BA trade line to initiate this. A flight voucher is not possible either, according to the agent I spoke to. I've contacted OptionTown to ask them to initiate the refund and I'll update back on the Flight Pass thread once I hear back.

Self-serve date changes ARE definitely possible as above, I've successfully done this.

Last edited by volar; May 7, 20 at 9:08 am Reason: New information from BA on cash refunds
Old May 5, 20, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by volar View Post
Just in case it's useful to anyone else on here, it is possible to self-serve bookings made with a flight pass following flight cancellation (not sure if this is usually the case, but certainly I've been able to change a recently-cancelled booking to a different date using MMB). A cash refund is also possible by phoning BA.
Any idea what happens with a flight pass booking if you choose a future travel voucher?
Is the cash refund based on the value paid for each individual flight or the cash value of the fare bucket it books into. I know when I used a flight pass a few years ago the On Business points were based on a higher cash value than was actually paid (On Business points are based on revenue).
Old May 5, 20, 6:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL View Post
My flight to LAS in mid-July has now disappeared from MMB. I never received a "flight cancelled" mail, the first communication was the voucher email. I had applied for the voucher a month ago and my claim was rejected as BA said I was not eligible, and indeed the flight remained in MMB, but it's now disappeared.

No forward flights in MMB is an odd thing to see.
LHR-LAS flights are still showing available throughout July on ExpertFlyer, I have two LAS trips in MMA for July and both are still there. Do you have the PNR available? If so, log in to the booking using those details in case it is ba.com playing its usual games (likely).
Old May 5, 20, 6:40 am

I was booked on BA725 LHR to LAS 17/07/20 @ 16:40. If I login to BA it's gone, and if I use MMB and enter my PNR I just go round in a loop on the page.
Old May 5, 20, 7:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL View Post
I was booked on BA725 LHR to LAS 17/07/20 @ 16:40. If I login to BA it's gone, and if I use MMB and enter my PNR I just go round in a loop on the page.
It sounds like ba.com playing up. I've logged in to my account and my LAS flights are there. Here is the availability for 17 July:

Departing LHR on 17/07/20 for LAS
F6 A5 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T8 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G9

Incidentally, I am booked on the BA274 (the turnaround flight).

Have you tried putting your details in to Finnair or Qantas?
Old May 5, 20, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by layz View Post
Any idea what happens with a flight pass booking if you choose a future travel voucher?
Is the cash refund based on the value paid for each individual flight or the cash value of the fare bucket it books into. I know when I used a flight pass a few years ago the On Business points were based on a higher cash value than was actually paid (On Business points are based on revenue).
I haven't taken any vouchers as I think I'll already end up with flight passes I can't use, so I don't know about this. The cash refund is based on the amount paid for the individual flights booked so the amount BA debited when the booking was made - I opted to pay for this pass in installments (i.e.I pay on booking each flight rather than everything paid upfront). I don't know how they would calculate this if you'd paid for the full pass upfront.
Old May 5, 20, 7:40 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
I've just had our anniversary trip to Venice cancelled - early June. Luckily it's a holiday booking so full refund and no quibbles with vouchers.

Suspect the lines will get very busy again...
Old May 5, 20, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Stephen Harwood View Post
interesting seeing these late june flights cancelled my 18th flight to Mauritius ex gatwick still not cancelled, can change flights but does that mean you lose right to refund if later flight cancelled?
flights now cancelled i would hazard a guess they will not be running by sept as i really cant see them returning to gatwick by then so will ask for refund but it sounds of it they have cancelled a lot today so will wait a day or two to ring for refund, dont see why you cant get reeund through website,annoying
Old May 5, 20, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by dmahon View Post
I haven't heard anything about my LGW-MLA flights in June, but can't book anything before 1st July from today. Was OK over the weekend.
I have now received the cancellation email.

All things considered, BA were quick to answer the phone and process the refund so hats off there.
Old May 5, 20, 11:55 am

Not an urgent query but just curious. When I look on BA.com there are still almost daily flights to my destination in the US (Nashville) in the coming weeks. It's my understanding though that the US is closed to visitors from the UK, and on the Nashville Airport website it says that BA are currently not operating to the airport. Most seem to be codeshare flights with a connection, so are these for American citizens? It makes me wonder if my flight in 5 weeks or so will actually get cancelled. Presumably as a UK citizen who's not allowed in the country, they couldn't transfer me to one of these alternatives and say the flight is still running?

EDIT: for info it looks like the BA direct flights show up again from June 1st, when interestingly the cost leaps from about 500 to 1700.
Old May 5, 20, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by firstlight View Post
I've just had our anniversary trip to Venice cancelled - early June. Luckily it's a holiday booking so full refund and no quibbles with vouchers.

Suspect the lines will get very busy again...
I don't normally reply to my own post - but BA just sent me an email saying they are refunding me automatically within 7 days. Saves me a phone call. Perhaps the IT is getting better...
Old May 5, 20, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by firstlight View Post
I don't normally reply to my own post - but BA just sent me an email saying they are refunding me automatically within 7 days. Saves me a phone call. Perhaps the IT is getting better...
I think the process for BA Holidays has always been a lot simpler, we had a holiday to Cyprus cancelled right at the start of all this chaos and they just sent an email followed by a fairly prompt refund when it became clear it wasn't happening.

Search this Thread