Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | First

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER
some Cool Whip with the Lemon Tart would probably fit the bill.😉 Certainly needs something.
Cool Whip in British Airways First, I bloody well hope not, but seeing how far the standards have fallen anything is possible.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:37 pm

So based on this I'm definitely bringing in a buffet from Pret.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Cool Whip in British Airways First, I bloody well hope not, but seeing how far the standards have fallen anything is possible.
Hence Cool Whip
Can I help you likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by subsonic001
I assume it’s the same as my JFK flight next month.

I’m amused by the wine notes suggesting matches to lamb, venison, charcuterie, Tarte Tatin. Not like you’ll be seeing those on board anytime soon.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:40 pm

Wat,no liebfraumilch to wash down the McDonalds!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
What is the reason the standards in F and indeed CE have fallen? Are they still blaming COVID
? 😡
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
What is the reason the standards in F and indeed CE have fallen? Are they still blaming COVID
? 😡
Sounds like returning to previous service levels is a crewing issue. No excuse for some of the dishes or potion sizes we've seen, though.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
A Weatherspoons style Sunday dinner or a curry? Cannot get more British than that!
On a recent LH flight when I commented to the crew in CW about the portion sizes, they apologised and admitted that cost reductions are alive and well in BA towers.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER
some Cool Whip with the Lemon Tart would probably fit the bill.😉 Certainly needs something.

And we'd probably end up like Stewie, eating hair to go with it!
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Chicken Tikka Masala

Actually tastes ok but FA has forgotten the vegatables (potatoes and carrots) - so will bring them out in 20 mins :-) lol
Potatoes and carrots with curry?. Only if they're bombay potatoes thanks. Interesting interpretation of Tikka masala. hope that chapati was hot...
I've got to have that on my next F flight, as I don't eat roast pork, and no way am I having a cauliflower main!
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
Why is the BA catering in Club and First just so bad these days?
I did a recent AA First Class to NYC and the food was well ahead of what BA offered on either Chicago or San Fran routes!!
Also, apart from the LPGS, the wines are on a downward trend too - some of the bottles retail at £12...!
Ramos likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by bafan
Is it tiny tart or HUGE PLATE ?
I would rather have a small piece of a tasty tart than a big piece of an average one. And this one is very tasty indeed. Also meant I had room for the cheese as well.
Tobias-UK and AmaaiZeg like this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 6:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WingsAroundtheWorld
Why is the BA catering in Club and First just so bad these days?
I did a recent AA First Class to NYC and the food was well ahead of what BA offered on either Chicago or San Fran routes!!
Also, apart from the LPGS, the wines are on a downward trend too - some of the bottles retail at £12...!
There has always been a higher end bourdaux and white burgundy (the bottles tend to retail for 2x-3x the other options). Is that going too??
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
You'd be very lucky if you found the Cantemerle retailing under £20 pounds, especially if you didn't buy en primeur (the 2020 went for about €20 before tax from what I can see), and it is a rather nice drink. If you do, ping me a link! (Careful, there are many wines with the name, stick to the Haut-Medoc GC)

Coincidentally it's on the wine society list once in a while, but uncharacteristically not very cheap compared to other outlets.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
British Airways desperately need an empowered 'Standards Tsar' on the management board. Leadership teams demonstrating a passion for excellence and delivering company promises could turn this current mess around. BA must know how bad things are but cynically exploit Covid circumstances to cheat customers and save money. I nominate 'Can I Help You' and other excellent (present and former) BA employees on the Flyer Talk forum. Passengers can help by stepping up. Point out failures in standards and attention to detail. Complaining is essential if things are to change,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.