Long haul in-flight catering | First

Old Jan 7, 20, 2:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Long haul in-flight catering | First

Iíve launched this thread as a place for us to share some details about the in-flight food and beverages served in BA First. Hopefully as the posts populate over time, it will give us an idea of what food we can expect to receive on our upcoming flights.
Old Jan 9, 20, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Anyone? I have a flight in First coming up from LGW - any major differences from First out of LHR that I should be aware of?
Old Jan 9, 20, 5:36 am

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
Iíve launched this thread as a place for us to share some details about the in-flight food and beverages served in BA First. Hopefully as the posts populate over time, it will give us an idea of what food we can expect to receive on our upcoming flights.
BA already do that themselves and in a more up to date way.
Email them vis youfirst or GGL, and they can provide the menu for the flight as offered this month.
Also, anyone booked in First can typically see the ex Heathrow menu and pre book main courses about 4 weeks ahead.
Old Jan 9, 20, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DFB_london View Post
BA already do that themselves and in a more up to date way.
Email them vis youfirst or GGL, and they can provide the menu for the flight as offered this month.
Also, anyone booked in First can typically see the ex Heathrow menu and pre book main courses about 4 weeks ahead.
I think it's more for photos, review and general interest...!
Old Jan 9, 20, 7:10 am

I’ll go first...

Menu From First back from Shanghai on the 1.55am departure.

LPGS and canapťs straight after take off

Starter of what was advertised as hot cod, but was served stone cold. Quite nice non the less though

Lamb loin, very over done, selection vegetables in the distance were quite nice.

Cheese and port - can’t really go wrong!

Breakfast setup.

Breakfast fruit

Full English - best course of the flight.
Prospero and seanp7 like this.

Last edited by Joshm300; Jan 9, 20 at 9:51 am
Old Jan 9, 20, 7:15 am

Programs: AA EP 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
It's unfortunate the "hot-smoked cod" did not meet your expectations. The "hot-smoked" process only refers to allowing the smoke to heat the fish while smoking it (instead of keeping the temperature of the fish low while it is exposed to the smoke). You can serve hot-smoked fish either hot or cold. For example, hot-smoked salmon is usually recommended to be served cold.
Old Jan 9, 20, 7:25 am

To be fair, I should have asked some more questions about it, but it was 4am Japan time (where i'd come from) and I'd had some LPGS, so had just skim read the menu and was expecting it to be hot, with a bit more thought I should have checked!
Old Jan 9, 20, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
It's unfortunate the "hot-smoked cod" did not meet your expectations. The "hot-smoked" process only refers to allowing the smoke to heat the fish while smoking it (instead of keeping the temperature of the fish low while it is exposed to the smoke). You can serve hot-smoked fish either hot or cold. For example, hot-smoked salmon is usually recommended to be served cold.
More interested why in shanghai they are importing north atlantic cod
Old Jan 9, 20, 8:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Joshm300 View Post
I’ll go first...
Please note that, since several years, "FIRST" is spelled "First" according to BA marketing.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 9, 20 at 1:03 pm Reason: Remove images from quotation
Old Jan 9, 20, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
And if, DomP1, you really feel the need to point that out, then please, please do not reproduce all the previous photos in doing so.
worldtrav, seanp7, gw76 and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 9, 20, 9:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load View Post
And if, DomP1, you really feel the need to point that out, then please, please do not reproduce all the previous photos in doing so.
I apologize. My error!! 😎
subject2load likes this.
Old Jan 9, 20, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by ENTP View Post
I think it's more for photos, review and general interest...!
So more a, ĎIíve flown F so look at me me me me me meí....thread ....again.
The professionals at GGL can supply more route-accurate relevant menus quicker when needed for anyone really looking for info.
Old Jan 9, 20, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As an humble Gold, doing our first First LHR-IAD later this year, I for one am interested in seeing the dining and comments on the options.

The professional GGL/CCR/etc don’t need to read this, obviously.
Weez, jmj9905, IAMORGAN and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 9, 20, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
As an humble Gold, doing our first First LHR-IAD later this year, I for one am interested in seeing the dining and comments on the options.

GGL/CCR/etc donít need to read this, obviously.
And for that you can email youfirst who can provide you accurate information and the current menu for that specific flight on that route. That will I suspect be far more helpful that guessing from what happens on other routes.
Old Jan 9, 20, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
One thing I was surprised about on my recent F flight back from LAX was that the pre take off drink appears to be anything you want . The guy in front ordered a special whisky. Has thos always been the case. I normally just ask for champagne

Search this Thread
Search Engine: