Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | First

Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:03 am
  #151  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 19,263
Thank you, I would be up for that but sadly they can no longer afford me. 😩 😂
Can I help you is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:00 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 30 miles from London
Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Posts: 1,488
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
British Airways desperately need an empowered 'Standards Tsar' on the management board. Leadership teams demonstrating a passion for excellence and delivering company promises could turn this current mess around. BA must know how bad things are but cynically exploit Covid circumstances to cheat customers and save money. I nominate 'Can I Help You' and other excellent (present and former) BA employees on the Flyer Talk forum. Passengers can help by stepping up. Point out failures in standards and attention to detail. Complaining is essential if things are to change,
I nominate the gorgeous Pucci
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Grande Annee is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:16 pm
  #153  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 19,263
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
I nominate the gorgeous Pucci
Gorgeous. 😂🤣😂🤣😂
Grande Annee likes this.
Can I help you is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:10 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: BMA
Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Posts: 328
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
The Lemon Tart


the menu mentioned Raspberry sorbet with it? Did you not get any or not want it?
citiflyerUK is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:07 am
  #155  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London
Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Posts: 2,357
Originally Posted by SpurMan
Potatoes and carrots with curry?. Only if they're bombay potatoes thanks. Interesting interpretation of Tikka masala. hope that chapati was hot...
I've got to have that on my next F flight, as I don't eat roast pork, and no way am I having a cauliflower main!
BA seem to be notorious for under catering so to avoid disappointment make sure you mention this early otherwise you'll be stuck with Cauliflower.

In all seriousness, has anyone yet come up with a credible reason why BA stopped/withdrew/enhanced the ability to pre-book meals ex LHR? So far BA have, more than anyone else, hidden behind a whole gamut of excuses for reductions in service - 'because of Covid', health and safety, shortage of staff, lack of supplies, badly designed galleys, etc etc - but of course the main driver, as ever, is the unspoken reason of pure cost cutting. Surely, enabling passengers to choose their mains in advance would assist here with cost cutting (not having to ship excess meals), with the added bonus of cutting waste - hitting those green credentials - so what's not to like? This is especially necessary now that the lack of choice often narrows things down to one desirable option - certainly from the recent menus that I have seen.

Any thoughts welcome.
Betteronacamel is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:43 am
  #156  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LCY is always preferred
Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Posts: 1,038
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
BA seem to be notorious for under catering so to avoid disappointment make sure you mention this early otherwise you'll be stuck with Cauliflower.

In all seriousness, has anyone yet come up with a credible reason why BA stopped/withdrew/enhanced the ability to pre-book meals ex LHR? So far BA have, more than anyone else, hidden behind a whole gamut of excuses for reductions in service - 'because of Covid', health and safety, shortage of staff, lack of supplies, badly designed galleys, etc etc - but of course the main driver, as ever, is the unspoken reason of pure cost cutting. Surely, enabling passengers to choose their mains in advance would assist here with cost cutting (not having to ship excess meals), with the added bonus of cutting waste - hitting those green credentials - so what's not to like? This is especially necessary now that the lack of choice often narrows things down to one desirable option - certainly from the recent menus that I have seen.

Any thoughts welcome.
I will mention it as soon as I am on board!.

I don't see the logic in not having pre-order back on BA. As you say it would certainly save on wasted meals. AA have reintroduced the pre-order and their menu seems better. I already have my meal ordered for the return (as I am on AA due to BA cancelling the 116)...
SpurMan is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 4:02 am
  #157  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Posts: 2,533
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Surely, enabling passengers to choose their mains in advance would assist here with cost cutting (not having to ship excess meals), with the added bonus of cutting waste - hitting those green credentials - so what's not to like?

Any thoughts welcome.
Any cost saving from reduced wastage needs to be evaluated against the cost of having the complexity of providing the service. They're simplifying as much as they can as you quote rightly say to cut costs. While they continue to be operating around 50% of the programme I can kind of see why.
A P Yu is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:29 pm
  #158  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 30 miles from London
Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Posts: 1,488
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Gorgeous. 😂🤣😂🤣😂
and the equally gorgeous CIHY
Grande Annee is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:08 pm
  #159  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 19,263
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
and the equally gorgeous CIHY
Exactly but why have an old bag when you can have a young buck?
Grande Annee likes this.
Can I help you is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:17 pm
  #160  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spitalfields, London
Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Posts: 2,349
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Exactly but why have an old bag when you can have a young buck?
This year will be your 20th as a Flyertalker - assume you were very IT literate at 5 then?
sl1ppy likes this.
choosethedrew is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:22 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 30 miles from London
Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Posts: 1,488
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Exactly but why have an old bag when you can have a young buck?
Grande Annee is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:22 pm
  #162  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 19,263
Your idea of a young buck and mine may differ? 🤪
Can I help you is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 6:58 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 662
Originally Posted by BravoKilo
Just been sent the same menu and wines for my LHR-ATL later this month except no beef pasty or salad.
How do you get the menu in advance? I am in F in less than 48 hours but have no idea what I am getting. I have not been F since just before the pandemic in 2020 so have no idea what to expect.
flieduk is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:03 pm
  #164  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Posts: 8,664
Surprisingly catering in F for flights originating in the USA is much better these days than flights originating from the UK.
VSLover and zen100 like this.
NA-Flyer is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:06 pm
  #165  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Posts: 8,664
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
This is the prawn starter!

That prawn starter presented in F on flights ex-UK must be removed ASAP as it is a big shame for BA to introduce such a starter in its First cabin.
dodgeflyer likes this.
NA-Flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.