Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA, United
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
What would be your ideal starter and dessert?
Can’t beat the smoked salmon for a starter and for dessert anything approaching decent in terms of a potion, cheesecake?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, I think CIHY posted something similar a few days ago and said current service will remain until the end of the summer 22 season.
Glad I have only two more BA long-haul flights between now and then. All the rest are on oneworld partners.

Looks like I'll be enjoying my December BA long-hauls... not to mention they're to JFK, so should hopefully be coming with some new lounges and the changed terminal.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by krispy84
It is quite clearly burrata.
Mystery (sort of) solved - it’s 10,000 Avios.

Submitted a complaint because they’ll never try if we don’t do anything, their response didn’t clarify what the dish actually was.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by becks1
Mystery (sort of) solved - it’s 10,000 Avios.

Submitted a complaint because they’ll never try if we don’t do anything, their response didn’t clarify what the dish actually was.
A fair outcome I’d say
Genius1 and becks1 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by ENTP
A fair outcome I’d say
Absolutely, wasn’t expecting anything.
ENTP likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by becks1
Absolutely, wasn’t expecting anything.
How did you word your email? Would be interested to see what made them decide to compensate you.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
What should we expect on the 1am Dubai return?

Is it just a breakfast towards the end?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Will100
What should we expect on the 1am Dubai return?

Is it just a breakfast towards the end?
See post 817
Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by salut0
How did you word your email? Would be interested to see what made them decide to compensate you.
One sentence description of food with picture, indicated that there was unidentified side. One sentence suggesting that better quality and/or on-brand meals of the past were better and would be right for flagship routes.

Didn’t indicate food allergy concerns, but I wonder if “unidentified” food was a trigger for them.

Did not ask for compensation or response.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:16 am

Anyone had a gluten free meal recently in Club World? Travelling to Seattle later this month and have ordered one. I'll be packing my own food as a) I don't trust them to load the meal and b) I'm also vegetarian, and you can't order a vegetarian gluten-free meal, it's either one or the other. Just curious to know that if the meal does actually turn up, if they'll be any part of it I can actually eat!
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
See post 817
Hmmm…interesting.

I must say I really enjoyed my curry outbound (although my girlfriend thought it was poor).

Will likely eat out anyway the night before, might be a coffee before landing and breakfast in the arrivals lounge. Assuming that is now open again?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hmmm…interesting.

I must say I really enjoyed my curry outbound (although my girlfriend thought it was poor).

Will likely eat out anyway the night before, might be a coffee before landing and breakfast in the arrivals lounge. Assuming that is now open again?
HI

yes the arrivals lounge is open niw
when I flew back from dubai in December ( 0215 then delayed to 0345) I had dinner in the conrad then soup in the ba lounge then skipped the light meal and had breakfast. I personally found the waffles to be pretty good and fresh the arrivals lounge was temp closed in Dec 2021 due to covid regulations ie self isolate at home until negative pcr
Test results available

Regards

Tbs
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:36 pm

Hmmm…interesting.

Yeah I'd probably go along the lines of eating out or at your hotel before heading out to the airport, maximising your sleep on board and then getting something half way decent to eat in the T5 arrivals lounge after you land.
​​​​
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
My mother flew MCO-LHR this morning. The CW breakfast was a bacon and tomato chutney roll.

Is this really the best BA can do? When she questioned it, the crew took it away and returned to say that it is minced bacon. Why on earth would you mince it?

Marginally better fib than “catering truck met with accident and another vehicle ran over it”?
citiflyerUK, nancypants and becks1 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I have yet to encounter any British catering facility - whether top-end hotel restaurant or the most humble street café - choosing to put anything like this bizarre item (as pictured) on its menu. The very notion of anyone actually specifying - let alone paying for - a minced bacon roll really is hard to imagine.
NoY and AnaTravel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.