Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by BJ787
BA2157 today, LGW - PUJ via ANU

Outstanding crews on both sectors, we were force fed more champagne on the one hour shuttle than in the preceeding 7 hours.
Excuse me – but is that a Clubworld afternoon tea? It looks more meagre than a club Europe one I was given on the way to Sweden 🫣
orbitmic, haroon145, 86BA7 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by SxMan
Excuse me – but is that a Clubworld afternoon tea? It looks more meagre than a club Europe one I was given on the way to Sweden 🫣
Weight Watchers enhancement? Calorie count - 85? 😑
choosethedrew and SxMan like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: AA ExP, DL, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
BA67 LHR to PHL on 15 October. I had special ordered the Asian veg meal. It was just alright. The afternoon tea wasn't memorable aside from the scone being quite good. The cabin crew were disappointing, bordering on rude. I would have chalked it up to a one off, but I was traveling with 2 friends who reported similar displeasure with other crew members in different areas of the cabin.

Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
Weight Watchers enhancement? Calorie count - 85? 😑
New cross-branding promotion with Slimming World.
julmops, SxMan, rt23456p and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by shellyphl
BA67 LHR to PHL on 15 October. I had special ordered the Asian veg meal. It was just alright. The afternoon tea wasn't memorable aside from the scone being quite good. The cabin crew were disappointing, bordering on rude. I would have chalked it up to a one off, but I was traveling with 2 friends who reported similar displeasure with other crew members in different areas of the cabin.

You were not given the correct tray for your main meal and if you were ordering this meal for religious reasons you wouldn’t have been happy if you found out.
Sealink, wrp96, SxMan and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: AA ExP, DL, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You were not given the correct tray for your main meal and if you were ordering this meal for religious reasons you wouldn’t have been happy if you found out.
Yikes, that makes me even more disappointed in the service I received. Luckily I'm not veg for religious reasons, but this doesn't inspire optimisim for those who are.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Afraid so! The scone and the cake were literally bite size. You get more heading to Manchester let alone Sweden.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by BJ787
Afraid so! The scone and the cake were literally bite size. You get more heading to Manchester let alone Sweden.
It’s the same as the domestic breakfast, which I find is great compared to the horrendous breakfasts in CW as the second meal.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA, Virgin Atlantic, Alaska, JetBlue, Marriott Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by shellyphl
BA67 LHR to PHL on 15 October. I had special ordered the Asian veg meal. It was just alright. The afternoon tea wasn't memorable aside from the scone being quite good.
Lunch was exactly the same on BA287 LHR to SFO on 12 October. No afternoon tea though!
Can I help you likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
So flying in CW at lunchtime on 28th in row 1 of CW I'll aim to post with a live briefing, hopefully one of the first to get full cw catering (according to the reports on here and elsewhere 28th is the go live date)
AmaaiZeg and Foofighter69 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Executive Club
But if you're travelling on to PUJ you get the wrap on the next sector, which is like another full meal. I couldn't eat all the food on the return a few weeks ago, 3 meals on a flight is quite a lot.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 11:44 am

Back from two weeks in Mauritius - no photos from outward but it was Chicken Pie / Beef - neither of which were photo worthy or tasty. The breakfast was probably the worst I have ever eaten.

Conversely the return last night was delicious.

Beef steak for me, fish curry for Him and the most delicious breakfast omelette ever had on a plane. Hot, seasoned, cooked but not blasted and apart from Him getting two pastries rather than my one, it was excellent.

Beef steak

Fish curry

Best breakfast omelette ever!

AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Maybe it's an American thing, but every long-haul premium meal should offer ice cream as a dessert choice.
mrow, Sealink and wijibintheair like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by dayone
Maybe it's an American thing, but every long-haul premium meal should offer ice cream as a dessert choice.
IMO ice cream for dessert is the equivalent of a burger or fish and chips for the main.
Comfort food for a normal weekend, and definitely not premium.
Blenheim likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by noFODplease
IMO ice cream for dessert is the equivalent of a burger or fish and chips for the main.
Comfort food for a normal weekend, and definitely not premium.
Premium is in the eye (or the culture) of the beholder. Upscale ice cream or gelato is definitely premium. YMMV.
ttama, noFODplease and AmaaiZeg like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.