Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:01 am

Can confirm BA227 LHR ATL was the lamb/tikka/veg option. I had the lamb and it was actually really nice. Incredibly tender. Can't comment on the ham and cheese panini snack, as I didn't want anything further to eat.

General service and cabin crew were excellent too. Regular top ups and asking if we needed anything else. Crew were also quite jokey and playful.

Maybe we got lucky and given this thread I went in with very low expectations, but frankly it was a thoroughly pleasant experience.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:54 am

Does anyone know what the 'light meal' (second meal) breakfast choice is for overnight J services out of LHR (>10 hours, landing in the morning local time)? Will this always be a choice including the CE full English breakfast equivalent, or is it possible that the breakfast will very light and consist of a wrap or pastry?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:52 am

Flying LHR-JFK next Tuesday will it still be the lamb shank on offer, will there also be ice cream in the club kitchen or just sweets, savouries and sandwiches?

Also flying DFW - LHR the following week will this be a full breakfast or an inedible pannini?

Final Q, what's the Red Wine offering at the moment, hoping for a full bodied Malbec to go with the lamb.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Blue
Originally Posted by Cw novice
Flying LHR-JFK next Tuesday will it still be the lamb shank on offer, will there also be ice cream in the club kitchen or just sweets, savouries and sandwiches?
?

Final Q, what's the Red Wine offering at the moment, hoping for a full bodied Malbec to go with the lamb.
Yesterday's 283 to LAX was the classic Lamb shank etc. Club kitchen had a lot on offer, but no ice cream. Fridge had yogurts and sandwiches, here's a pic:

And here's the wine list from that flight, should be similar to JFK:

The Pinot was alright.
Cw novice likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:49 am
Original Member

A friend of mine (former FA) has an old PA cabin services handbook he let me look at along with some of the associated loose-leaf addenda---was interesting to see how they evaluated workload (and it was decisively number of passes with the cart)...this was in the '80s days of 747s and folderol and carved-at-your-seat stuff etc etc.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by vhdg87
Does anyone know what the 'light meal' (second meal) breakfast choice is for overnight J services out of LHR (>10 hours, landing in the morning local time)? Will this always be a choice including the CE full English breakfast equivalent, or is it possible that the breakfast will very light and consist of a wrap or pastry?
Without knowing the route it's difficult to advise. For guidance, on my 10hr flight earlier this year to MLE the second light meal was breakfast and consisted of a choice of hot English breakfast or a vegetarian omlette. Both options accompanied with side of sliced fruit, a yoghurt, juice and warm bakery.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Sep 25, 2022 at 9:48 am
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:51 am

Have done two CW TATL returns this month (JFK and IAD), first CW since pre-pandemic. So disappointed by the one tray approach and the service style it generates. No interaction during the meal and impossible to get top ups etc. Second meal service laughably poor. On the upside, chicken tikka masala was good.

As I’ve done dozens of times on overnights back from the east coast, I never have breakfast on board, but withdrawal of the breakfast selection cards seems to undermine good service too. Ex IAD when waking up at the 40 minutes to landing flight deck announcement I was refused even a cup of tea!
ibbitsc and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:25 am

Am I going to be subject to the lamb shanks next week - flying Tuesday from Gatwick to Mauritius BA2063. Would like to have a heads up so I can positively fill in the lounge. Thanks very much to anyone who can suggest what the menu will be.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by marshy11
Am I going to be subject to the lamb shanks next week - flying Tuesday from Gatwick to Mauritius BA2063. Would like to have a heads up so I can positively fill in the lounge. Thanks very much to anyone who can suggest what the menu will be.
There will be two alternatives to lamb shank! Just have one of those if it’s an issue or order a special meal
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
There will be two alternatives to lamb shank! Just have one of those if it’s an issue or order a special meal
I understand that, I was hoping the lamb shank had been retired and a new menu would follow.

I don't particularly like the look of anything on the lamb shank menu so will just eat in the lounge. I was hoping there may have been a rotation.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
LHR-SFO

Belatedly posting my 23 Aug flight. Guess what? I had the lamb shanks. It was really tasty. Liked it all. Only minor point was that it got served just as we hit turbulence and spent the next 10 mins holding up wine and water glasses so they didn’t get spilled! The tray cloth did get a bit wet as a result. At least the lamb was still warm!

Lamb shanks

Chicken gnocchi ‘light meal’

dcmike, Sealink and crazyarmadillo like this.

Last edited by FEMW; Sep 28, 2022 at 9:43 am
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FEMW
LHR-SFO

Belatedly posting my 23 Aug flight. Guess what? I had the lamb shanks. It was really tasty. Liked it all. Only minor point was that it got served just as we hit turbulence and spent the next 10 mins holding up wine and water glasses so they didn’t get spilled! The tray cloth did get a bit wet as a result. At least the lamb was still warm!
Is the menu you posted from a different flight? I don't see the lamb or the gnocchi listed.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
SFO-LHR 7th Sept on the A380

Despite everyone saying ‘avoid the beef’ and after my First First experience of hubby having to saw through a tough piece of leather - I took the beef!

Slightly overdone as I like it medium rare it was actually edible and tasty.

Breakfast is never my favourite meal but it was ok.

Fillet of beef

Breakfast

dcmike, Sealink and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:08 am

BA115 yesterday, excellent proactive crew, drinks order taken pre takeoff. Wine and top up with the meal, port then whisky with tea for the rest of the flight.

As for the food, the lamb shank should have more sauce and more green veg.

The cheese should have a side plate with it and more crackers.

Although I had prepared myself for the food to be a let down it was even more underwhelming than expected. At a time where I have found the lounge offering to be much improved.

The butter is a disgrace and BA should be embarrassed about it. How much more for a full portion.

Compare this to the salad and starter last night on the Transcon.

Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines 100K MVP, Oneworld Emerald, Marriott Titanium
Do I dare ask how the 2021 Rhône red wine tastes?? 😱😱😱 oh dear
JMontpelier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.