Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Nicking of Airline Cutlery, glassware and blankets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicking of Airline Cutlery, glassware and blankets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
I did pinch a Virgin Trains First class headrest as the franchise came to an end after the train manager announced 'that's it folks, last journey before the train gets rebrand Ed, take what you can'..... It now adornes the chair in my home office.
It's a condition of the franchise that the outgoing franchisee removes all trace of branding on the trains before handing over.

As the transfer of West Coast to Avanti now means there are no longer any vestiges of Virgin on the railways, then you were doing them a favour!
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonours, IHG, Bonvoy, KFC Colonel's club
On a flight in WTP, pax next to me had a special meal ordered, still covered in cling film. Didn't open it but stored the whole tray in his gym bag. Pax then turned around to me and said they are entitled to it because they paid for it. Whether they kept the cutlery or not after the flight remains a different question.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:45 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
An old friend runs this site: https://www.airsicknessbags.com/

He's not giving them back
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
Sometime back in 2003 I was backpacking through Peru with a couple of friends, staying in hostels.

In one particular hostel there was a nice woollen tablecloth that fit in perfectly. I wondered if there was a label on it, so I had a look, and there was. "Property of British Airways" it said, it was a "repurposed" blanket.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
An old friend runs this site: https://www.airsicknessbags.com/

He's not giving them back
I have to admire his tenacity on the subject.

I guess these are indeed for passenger consumption. Though I hope he got them all before intended use.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by Arsey00
For probably two decades, we've had a spoon from Korean Air in the cutlery drawer. I have no idea where it came from. No one in the family as ever flown KE and none of my friends regularly bring spoons to my house. I enjoy occasionally trying to figure out its backstory over a quiet cuppa.
I have a JAL teaspoon which is a similar mystery, I have been in the JAL lounge in HNL but how I came to have a teaspoon is beyond me
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I take things like cutlery and the small dishes that nibbles and butter etc come in. I also take glasses. These are souvenirs of the flight.

They must have the airline logo on them to be souvenirs so I have always assumed the airline is happy for this to happen rather like hotel toiletries. No logo, no souvenir!

Glasses are useful to impress one’s guests. But the rather small pillows and blankets are really useless in that context.
I'll be honest - when I go to someone's house, if I discover they've turned out to be a petty thief (and are indirectly responsible for a portion of fare increases) I am usually less impressed, not more impressed. Guess it depends on your friends really. Probably same people that think it's ok to tailgate through tube barriers.....victimless crime innit.....
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Virgin Atlantic has the words "pinched from" and "Virgin Atlantic" printed on the bottom of the Upper Class salt and pepper shakers
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Wow- this explains all that is wrong in society today. Thieves!?!
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Carriers which wish to provide a parting gift to passengers know how to do so, e.g. the KL delft houses.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:53 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
One of my dearest friends discovered after the death of his partner of many many years; a box containing practically a canteen of airline cutlery. He was shocked as he really had no idea. There is not much possibility of returning them as the airlines have all gone out of business (TWA, Branniff, Western Airlines - to name but a few.). I told his that if this the worst secret that his beloved had concealed then he should stop worrying whether this haul was contributory to these ailines demises and use them for his breakfast on the Terrace.

I do remember in the days when the Executive Lounge was exclusive and not the Waiting Room at Clapham Junction station - some woman loudly complaining that BA had changed their tea/coffee cups from Wedgewood Bone China to those coloured Now We Are Five cups.

"I haven't got a full set of 6 " protested she.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:14 am

Apparently life vests are routinely pinched when aircraft fly to ‘sailing’ venues, Nice, Gib etc ...
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:15 am

I have one of the First pashmina/blanket thingys. The CC actually let me take it as my 5 month old was all snuggled up in it (which obviously I had done intentionally as I had heard they were planning to enhance them away )
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Tottie66
Apparently life vests are routinely pinched when aircraft fly to ‘sailing’ venues, Nice, Gib etc ...
I was once on an easyJet flight to IBZ and we were all held on the buses as 12 life vests had been taken! Obviously it was some drunken game one of the stag dos had decided to play but it took an age to get them all back
Tottie66 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
I did through a contact a BA buy a set of the recently retired First Wedgwood crockery at bargin prices, have to say i do like the simple understated design, However i would never be brave enough to try and sneak into my hand luggage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.