Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Fare Deals | master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC, AMEX,
Originally Posted by PxC
Has it changed where you can just book this and exchange for a voucher and rebook, if anything cheaper comes up?
Yes, I think I can take this approach if necessary

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Other than a exLUX a while back for around 8/900 this is as good as it gets (alongside exSOF) for a long while. Just book if the price is in your comfort zone. Youll unlikely get reward space to MIA at the end of summer holidays so wouldnt take the WTP suggestion
The price is in my comfort zone and I was already thinking I wouldn't get reward space at that time of year, especially to MIA

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
LUX-LHR-BOS-LHR-BRU was 683 per person in J for a bit - my two fares live on due to rebooking

I agree that this is a decent rate for exEU at that time of year. Ive booked exDublin to LAX for a similar price for August 2022. Just add a single night in a hotel and make it a holiday if you are worried about the uncertainty - thats what Ive done so I can just pay a 300 euro deposit. Use the hotel night for your stopover in Madrid.

Edit: I paid 300 deposit as a I booked two return flights in business and added a night at a Dublin airport hotel. If you are booking for one person, I imagine the BA Holidays deposit will be less than 300.
I'm definitely going to take this advice and book as a holiday. We will need a hotel at some point, either MAD or MIA together with car hire. This would definitely give me peace of mind. Thank you

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
The WTP fare is also not really attractive if looking to UUA. Ex MAD you will have additional carrier charges of around 200 plus any connecting flights will be in Y plus 60,000 Avios each for the upgrade, which in my mind makes the CW cash price more interesting. Especially when you consider that there will almost certainly be a reschedule or cancellation in the intervening 6 months allowing you a free time and route optimisation closer in without the 6 month requirement.
I'm thinking the same regarding the CW price - I'm ok with it. And thank you for the input about reschedule/cancellation - this might work in my favour :-)

Thank you everyone for your input. It's much appreciated. Whilst I've got your attention - I guess MAD to MIA in J with IB is acceptable?
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Oscar9423
Originally Posted by PxC
I have been searching for Ex EU fare to Miami later in the year - around end of August Rtn Mid September - we are flexible on dates
Has it changed where you can just book this and exchange for a voucher and rebook, if anything cheaper comes up?
Yes, I think I can take this approach if necessary
Isn't it the case that at present, you are only entitled to cancel to a voucher if your travel dates are no later than 31 August 2022? So that a trip that's booked for August outbound and September inbound would not qualify for a voucher under current rules?
aks120 and KARFA like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Isn't it the case that at present, you are only entitled to cancel to a voucher if your travel dates are no later than 31 August 2022? So that a trip that's booked for August outbound and September inbound would not qualify for a voucher under current rules?
My research shows that if you book a BA Holiday (so add a night in a hotel or Car Hire), if your trip starts before 31 August you are entitled to cancel for a voucher. See FAQ here...

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ys#voucherfaqs
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
My research shows that if you book a BA Holiday (so add a night in a hotel or Car Hire), if your trip starts before 31 August you are entitled to cancel for a voucher.
Thank you - it wasn't clear from your original post that you were intending to book a Holiday.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Thank you - it wasn't clear from your original post that you were intending to book a Holiday.
No that's true...something that I'd researched after Radiation Station's suggestion. :-)
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat

Thank you everyone for your input. It's much appreciated. Whilst I've got your attention - I guess MAD to MIA in J with IB is acceptable?
Yes, perfectly. IB is as hit and miss with service as BA is, but generally it's good enough and currently the food is much better than the stuff BA is turning out from LHR.
Oscar9423 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Here's the usual 2 week trips in J (and one in F this time too!) from Google Flights

CDG-BKK 966
BUD-DEL 987
MAD-SFO/LAX 1,098
BRU-HKG 1,134
ALG-West Coast 1,192

Europe-NRT from 1,464 QSuites
MAN-JNB 1,595
CDG-MEL 2,031 QSuites
BUD-West Coast 2,333 First
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold

Don't know if this is of any interest to anyone, AGP-LHR-JFK-SFO return in FIRST, around 2000GBP. 920TP. Price shown is with one night hotel at AGP.

I could only get it to work via BA Holidays and that took a fair bit of jiggery-pokery, initial searches would only bring up flights via DFW or ORD,

Spike
MaxFlyer and m8_rotate like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by Funky Spike

Don't know if this is of any interest to anyone, AGP-LHR-JFK-SFO return in FIRST, around 2000GBP. 920TP. Price shown is with one night hotel at AGP.

I could only get it to work via BA Holidays and that took a fair bit of jiggery-pokery, initial searches would only bring up flights via DFW or ORD,

Spike

Does this qualify for double points?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Silver , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
Does this qualify for double points?
No. Minimum 5 nights accommodation required
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
or car hire
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
or car hire
I thought they had to leave from the UK too?
orbitmic and wilsnunn like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by etiene
I thought they had to leave from the UK too?
Yes, ex UK only
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:38 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Hello wise people. A quick question - is there any disadvantage to booking BA flights through Iberia? I am looking at LHR-BOS in Club in November, and it is 300 cheaper (20% approx.) via Iberia - found the fares on Google flights.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by squeeler
Hello wise people. A quick question - is there any disadvantage to booking BA flights through Iberia? I am looking at LHR-BOS in Club in November, and it is 300 cheaper (20% approx.) via Iberia - found the fares on Google flights.
I was just looking at some similar flights which are cheaper via Iberia, then I looked at Amex Travel and they are a further 100 cheaper if you are eligible for the IAP with a platinum card. May be worth a look and can't seem to see any disadvantages to it. (e.g. TPs)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.