Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Fare Deals | master thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
The MAD T4 IB non-Schengen lounge is going to be one big FT party Feb-July next year !
Old Aug 3, 2023, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by seanp7
The MAD T4 IB non-Schengen lounge is going to be one big FT party Feb-July next year !
Only if there's enough time during a quick b2b
seanp7 and KARFA like this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:08 am

Perhaps it’s just me but I’m having problems with the interface between Google flights and the AA website.

Up until a few days ago a Google search yielding an AA multi city itinerary link would direct you to the AA website with the whole trip pre populated and priced accordingly.

Now the same process takes you to the bare bones AA website where you have to rebuild the trip again manually, which takes an age, is despairingly slow if not impossible!
Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yes, of course, it must be all down to FT, the fact that it hit the major travel blogs and websites must be a complete irrelevance!
Years ago people used to say FT was "Where good fares go to die". Nowadays the blogs have well and truly taken that mantle - with the added bonus that at least FT encouraged caution when booking fares with an origin outside your home airport - the blogs today have no such qualms - shouting from the rooftops to one and all, all for the hope someone will sign up for a credit card.
Markie, seanp7, orbitmic and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Years ago people used to say FT was "Where good fares go to die". Nowadays the blogs have well and truly taken that mantle - with the added bonus that at least FT encouraged caution when booking fares with an origin outside your home airport - the blogs today have no such qualms - shouting from the rooftops to one and all, all for the hope someone will sign up for a credit card.
Possibly even more importantly, the blogs make their cash by providing links on which they may get a commission, and if a sudden flux of people buy tickets through the same link this can attract of attention. Posters on flyertalk don't get those commissions from links so that's one less signal.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
How about a new premium fare to cheer everyone up?

SOF-LHR/FRA-CMB-MEL on UL (short haul with Lufthansa or Bulgaria Air) for about 2,300. Limited availability and possibly only trip.com.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Smid
Ah so you have to be in the secret fares whispering group to hear about it?
The existence of the cheap fare and reason for it were clear from the Tier Point Run thread for days before the deal was posted in the Premium Fare Deals forum. From the moment the Premium Fare Deals posting was made it was obvious to me at least that the deal would be killed, although it enabled a wider group to take advantage of it before the window closed.
Smid likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 1:08 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Is any one able to advise me how I can book the CDG to KUL RJ fares at 1500 which show up on Google flights but then reprice when you use a link ? I did buy one of these last year on booking.com but can no longer do . Tx

Edited: Sorry this does not involve a BA flight although useful for TP earning . Please feel free to move Tx

Last edited by simonsmith; Aug 5, 2023 at 1:36 am
Old Aug 5, 2023, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Fossiebear
The existence of the cheap fare and reason for it were clear from the Tier Point Run thread for days before the deal was posted in the Premium Fare Deals forum. From the moment the Premium Fare Deals posting was made it was obvious to me at least that the deal would be killed, although it enabled a wider group to take advantage of it before the window closed.
Ah I realise now it's the unfortunate coincidence of me coming back from another TP holiday, and being off FT at the time. Rereading the TP thread and yeah, it's there.

Not quire sure why the general west coast small city TP stuff is being referred to as the Palm Springs one though, when it's Flagstaff, and about a dozen other cities (Yuma, Tuscon, Santa Barbara to name a few).
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
BHX-DOH-AKL-HKG-BHX for around 3.3k on QR/CX.
Sample dates BHX-AKL 26/10, AKL-HKG 4-11, HKG-BHX 7-11.
On some days more TPs to be had routing HKG-CGK-DOH
Found on Kayak and clicked through to payment on a variety of OTA. I didn't try to replicate on QR.com
Can start and end in LON for an extra 300ish.

OK, its nearly three times what some have paid to get to AKL in the past and its nowhere near TP run territory, NZ rarely is, but given current One World fares I didn't think it was too bad.

Spike
Old Sep 23, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Multi-fare bookings?

Wonder if anyone is able to advise on this. Im trying to book LHR-EWR in Y (Nov 5th) then JFK-LHR-ARN in I (Dec 20th)

I see on ba.com using multi-city the outbound flight for 385, the inbound for 927 - but when I select those two fares it reprices to 3000.

I tried using matrix +CABIN but it didnt bring up the fares either.

Is it possible to book multi fare, multi city bookings and how do I go about it? Thanks all!
Old Sep 23, 2023, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Cheapskate22
Wonder if anyone is able to advise on this. Im trying to book LHR-EWR in Y (Nov 5th) then JFK-LHR-ARN in I (Dec 20th)

I see on ba.com using multi-city the outbound flight for 385, the inbound for 927 - but when I select those two fares it reprices to 3000.

I tried using matrix +CABIN but it didnt bring up the fares either.

Is it possible to book multi fare, multi city bookings and how do I go about it? Thanks all!
it really just depends on specific fares. Usually everything can be booked but by no means always for the price of two half returns. You may be better off calling Ba or using an ota if calling is not an option. The multi city option on kayak enables you to vary class by segment so you can quickly see if other websites offer the itinerary you want for a better price or if the Ba price is simply the correct one.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Funky Spike
BHX-DOH-AKL-HKG-BHX for around 3.3k on QR/CX.
Sample dates BHX-AKL 26/10, AKL-HKG 4-11, HKG-BHX 7-11.
On some days more TPs to be had routing HKG-CGK-DOH
Found on Kayak and clicked through to payment on a variety of OTA. I didn't try to replicate on QR.com
Can start and end in LON for an extra 300ish.

OK, its nearly three times what some have paid to get to AKL in the past and its nowhere near TP run territory, NZ rarely is, but given current One World fares I didn't think it was too bad.

Spike
Presumably the inbound routing is HKG-DOH-BHXI havent missed CX launching at BHX have I? (I can dreamhaving AA or UA back would be nice) 😜
Old Sep 23, 2023, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Presumably the inbound routing is HKG-DOH-BHXI havent missed CX launching at BHX have I? (I can dreamhaving AA or UA back would be nice) 😜
Yes, HKG-DOH-BHX, or HKG-CGK-DOH-BHX.

Spike
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I havent missed CX launching at BHX have I? (I can dreamhaving AA or UA back would be nice) 😜
Given I think AA was recliners from BHX across the pond, it sounds more of a nightmare than a dream...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.