Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Fare Deals | master thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by jameslon
I’ve not had a detailed look but base fare seems to be the same but taxes/surcharges appear to have been reduced.
I am on a mobile just now so can’t check Matrix easily (and wouldn’t get into the US, given current Covid restrictions, anyhow), but does that mean that the more lucrative ex-LUX/BRU TP runs that were discussed on the thread over the last few days have also dropped in price?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by squawk
I am on a mobile just now so can’t check Matrix easily (and wouldn’t get into the US, given current Covid restrictions, anyhow), but does that mean that the more lucrative ex-LUX/BRU TP runs that were discussed on the thread over the last few days have also dropped in price?
Possibly. I’ve checked a couple of different ex-LUX routings to the US and both were lower overall. You still need the I/J class availability of course.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by squawk
LUX-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO/SFO-LAX-JFK-LHR-BRU seems to be bookable on early 2021 dates for 970/990 eur.
squawk likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 8:31 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Lefly
I priced a LUX-LHR-MIA/MIA-LHR-BRU in CW 3 days ago, February dates, for 844 eur pp. directly on BA.com
Today, same itinerary and same flights on BA.com were available at 750 eur pp.
This is a tidy fare! Can I assume a B2B can be fairly easily done in LUX if booking onto the 11.10am BA417 departure from LUX to LHR - I would be traveling HBO?
I just checked and this is also available albeit slightly more expensive - circa €850 departing late December so New Year in Miami a possibility I’m looking at.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
This is a tidy fare! Can I assume a B2B can be fairly easily done in LUX if booking onto the 11.10am BA417 departure from LUX to LHR - I would be traveling HBO?
I just checked and this is also available albeit slightly more expensive - circa €850 departing late December so New Year in Miami a possibility I’m looking at.
Here you go, the B2b page

Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1964325-back-back-immediate-turnarounds-ba-destinations.html
Jet Ranger likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 11:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I know that this fare has been discussed for J but SOF - SFO F is around for around 2000 GBP
https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...1*2.USD.265601
alex67500 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
I know that this fare has been discussed for J but SOF - SFO F is around for around 2000 GBP
https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...1*2.USD.265601
I had one of those for April but that got canned quick... Hopefully it sticks around, that will be nice to get those TPs in when travel restarts.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
I'm guessing these fares have gone based on my searches..?
Old Nov 16, 2020, 10:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
Yes, I think well over a month ago now when it was pulled sadly.
mikeyfly and ENTP like this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 9:23 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
yes it has unfortunately firstclasslad ​​​​​​ - as KARFA said, it was a fairly short lived but very popular promotion.
However my concern now is whether the LUX part sticks, as European flights do seem to be getting canned. We shall see. I’m due to fly end of December, so its a waiting game.

Sadly LHR is 315 or so miles from LUX so I might need a VERY nice agent on the phone to let me drop LUX if it gets cancelled, via the 300 mile rule.
BRU, AMS or CDG are options, but it might not work for connections for my MIA flight..... Sadly the FTV isn’t going to be that useful, as it was a cheap as chips ticket - €900 or so and I don’t think I’ll find another J return to MIA for that at the moment.

Last edited by Jet Ranger; Nov 16, 2020 at 9:24 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 16, 2020, 9:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by alex67500
I had one of those for April but that got canned quick... Hopefully it sticks around, that will be nice to get those TPs in when travel restarts.
Unless you're chasing GFL, not sure you'll need them at this rate. But that is a discussion for another thread.
alex67500 and esledo like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 4:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by TTmex
Unless you're chasing GFL, not sure you'll need them at this rate. But that is a discussion for another thread.
My year reset last weekend, so I might need them soon. But indeed, other thread.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I suspect there may be some decent Black Friday offers for travel in the near term.... if this is the case, book a route which you suspect may get the chop / cut back and then shunt into the future using the rebooking guidelines to fly when you actually want to ..
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
.... if this is the case, book a route which you suspect may get the chop / cut back and then shunt into the future using the rebooking guidelines to fly when you actually want to ..
clearly I've been lazy keeping up with things, particularly this aspect of rebooking....how does it work?
Old Nov 18, 2020, 2:38 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
clearly I've been lazy keeping up with things, particularly this aspect of rebooking....how does it work?
If you book a route during the sales and your flight is cancelled, then BA have to accommodate you when you want to fly, regardless of what fare classes are left on that route. So you could move your mid-January dirt cheap flights to a packed out bank holiday weekend later in the year (for example) and as long as there is space left in your cabin BA will rebook you (e.g. if you bought an 'I' class business fare and you want to re-schedule for a weekend when only J class is available, if BA cancelled the flight then they most accommodate you on the rebooking)

Pilot37

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.