FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Fare Deals | master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:45 am
Oscar9423

Programs: BAEC, AMEX,
Originally Posted by PxC
Has it changed where you can just book this and exchange for a voucher and rebook, if anything cheaper comes up?
Yes, I think I can take this approach if necessary

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Other than a exLUX a while back for around £8/900 this is as good as it gets (alongside exSOF) for a long while. Just book if the price is in your comfort zone. You’ll unlikely get reward space to MIA at the end of summer holidays so wouldn’t take the WTP suggestion
The price is in my comfort zone and I was already thinking I wouldn't get reward space at that time of year, especially to MIA

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
LUX-LHR-BOS-LHR-BRU was £683 per person in J for a bit - my two fares live on due to rebooking

I agree that this is a decent rate for exEU at that time of year. I’ve booked exDublin to LAX for a similar price for August 2022. Just add a single night in a hotel and make it a holiday if you are worried about the uncertainty - that’s what I’ve done so I can just pay a 300 euro deposit. Use the hotel night for your stopover in Madrid.

Edit: I paid €300 deposit as a I booked two return flights in business and added a night at a Dublin airport hotel. If you are booking for one person, I imagine the BA Holidays deposit will be less than €300.
I'm definitely going to take this advice and book as a holiday. We will need a hotel at some point, either MAD or MIA together with car hire. This would definitely give me peace of mind. Thank you

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
The WTP fare is also not really attractive if looking to UUA. Ex MAD you will have additional carrier charges of around £200 plus any connecting flights will be in Y plus 60,000 Avios each for the upgrade, which in my mind makes the CW cash price more interesting. Especially when you consider that there will almost certainly be a reschedule or cancellation in the intervening 6 months allowing you a free time and route “optimisation” closer in without the 6 month requirement.
I'm thinking the same regarding the CW price - I'm ok with it. And thank you for the input about reschedule/cancellation - this might work in my favour :-)

Thank you everyone for your input. It's much appreciated. Whilst I've got your attention - I guess MAD to MIA in J with IB is acceptable?