Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2020/21 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2020, 8:57 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Since when did this become the ‘Why does BA not give me socks’-thread...?
Old Sep 6, 2020, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Since when did this become the ‘Why does BA not give me socks’-thread...?
Snap.
acucobol likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 3:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Seasoned FT members will know that the "Socks on a plane" (and also "killer flip-flops") debate is a (depressingly) recurrent feature of the forum, so I would suggest we park that sub-debate now and return to DYKWIA behaviour.

/mod
SKT-DK, PAL62V, Tobias-UK and 7 others like this.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Sep 7, 2020 at 3:45 am
Old Sep 19, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Just boarded and the passenger behind starts complaining to crew about the seat cushion being very uncomfortable (its a Recaro seat so not even a neo deckchair!!!) Said passenger starts making a scene to the crew who then offer one of the many vacant seats further back as boarding is now complete. After going up and down the aisle of this lightly loaded A319, the pax starts kicking off with the CSM as there’s no completely free row and the pax doesn’t want to sit next to anyone. The pax then asks if they can sit “up there” to which the crew politely decline. The pax is now back in their original seat and I’ve yet to hear any shrieks of discomfort!
Old Sep 19, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by cameramaker
Just boarded and the passenger behind starts complaining to crew about the seat cushion being very uncomfortable (its a Recaro seat so not even a neo deckchair!!!) Said passenger starts making a scene to the crew who then offer one of the many vacant seats further back as boarding is now complete. After going up and down the aisle of this lightly loaded A319, the pax starts kicking off with the CSM as there’s no completely free row and the pax doesn’t want to sit next to anyone. The pax then asks if they can sit “up there” to which the crew politely decline. The pax is now back in their original seat and I’ve yet to hear any shrieks of discomfort!
The poor darling 😂
Old Sep 20, 2020, 11:12 am

I’ve just been DYKWIAmed at Alicante. Three queues of pax waiting for check in to commence. First row becomes priority/Club Europe and some pax move over to our queue. Lady in front of us checks in and then it’s our turn. At this point a couple in the next row (which doesn’t have an open check in desk) strides forward. I say “excuse me” and get the response “We’re priority”. I say “As are we!”

There’s a discussion with the check in person and then we are asked to step forward. Little bit of grumbling ensues as we are checked in about which desks are which and why wasn’t the next desk open?

Passed through security and am in the lounge. The priority couple are not so I assume they’re behind the curtain for the flight. I’m just chuffed that I have a genuine DYKWIA to add to the collection but I’m surprised the behaviour of barging hasn’t disappeared with social distancing.
wrp96, James91, ENTP and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The behaviour of people generally, since the last major lockdown period, has been dreadful. I don't want to even imagine what it's like in the confined space of planes at the moment.
Maybe it's not as bad as I think, but down here on the ground the gloves come off very quickly for almost nothing. There are just so many clever people who are all so right about everything.
Shingi, wrp96, BotB and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
To get this thread back on topic, here’s a benign DYKWIA from today’s CFU-LHR

The incursion was to have a face mask emblazoned with “Only Here for the Tier Points” - which I actually found mildly funny.

Some rolled eyes were exchanged but that was maybe due to his exclamation of “oh a lovely new neo!!” on boarding. I am yet to feel the love for the enhanced-away CE middle table.

Anyhow his face mask was far better than the Club World EYE MASK (I kid you not) used as a face mask by a pax on our outbound.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by BoeBus
The incursion was to have a face mask emblazoned with “Only Here for the Tier Points” - which I actually found mildly funny.
That's got to be somebody off here
Old Sep 25, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Don’t know about that but the person that designed it and quite a few other aviation designs is 😉
Old Sep 25, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
They were for sale on the TLFL website I believe.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 4:45 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Some rolled eyes were exchanged but that was maybe due to his exclamation of “oh a lovely new neo!!” on boarding. I am yet to feel the love for the enhanced-away CE middle table.
What an amateur, had he not been tracking the outbound from the moment it left LHR?
Old Sep 25, 2020, 5:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
What an amateur, had he not been tracking the outbound from the moment it left LHR?
😂 exactly. Having see the registration of the inbound flight I forewarned the OH that we would have no middle table which was met with a semi-serious “where the **** are we supposed to put the drinks?”
Tocsin, krispy84 and ENTP like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 5:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
To get this thread back on topic, here’s a benign DYKWIA from today’s CFU-LHR

Anyhow his face mask was far better than the Club World EYE MASK (I kid you not) used as a face mask by a pax on our outbound.
There's a certain annoying travel blogger who has a t-shirt and facemask emblazoned with a cartoon caricature of his own face, who then spends half of the time lowering his mask to speak into the camera. Also didn't self-isolate after doing a whistlestop tour of Covid hotspots the other week, that wasn't BA though so I shall refrain from commenting further!
Old Sep 25, 2020, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
That's got to be somebody off here
Well it wisnae me!!
LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.