Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Cruz Gone? [Rumour]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
These rumours are all over the BALPA forum, apparently. Guess we shall see...
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
interesting times but I wouldn’t mind seeing him go. He might have good for shareholders but he’s been awful with employees and passengers.
EuropeanPete and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by BA6948

interesting times but I wouldn’t mind seeing him go. He might have good for shareholders but he’s been awful with employees and passengers.
There is no guarantee a replacement would be any different. A case of be careful of what you wish for?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Rupert Hogg is suddenly available, very experienced in airline management.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by antipest
Rupert Hogg is suddenly available, very experienced in airline management.
Don’t mind Cruz as much as some but Hogg would be outstanding.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
Don’t mind Cruz as much as some but Hogg would be outstanding.
CX Cost cutting, data breaches... More of the same?
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Jagboi
There is no guarantee a replacement would be any different. A case of be careful of what you wish for?
Better the devil you know?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
Better the devil you know?
Nah... it is time somebody else with other visions and ambitions than cost cutting to take over. As a regular BA passenger I have seen the service dramatically decline these past years. And I am mostly an Y passenger. Time for some change.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Would still be very shocked (though not unhappy) to see the rumours actually proven true.

He’s unlikely to be flavour of the month with BALPA, in the wake of a reported 55% recent pay hike - putting him at £1.2m - as opposed to an 11.5% over 3 years offer.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:00 am

Whilst Rupert Hogg may be good, his appointment may cause problems with China. For that reason alone I would discount his hat going in the ring. As for AC, rumours are the meat and drink of FT. Wishful thinking is my first reaction.
wrp96 and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rapidex
Whilst Rupert Hogg may be good, his appointment may cause problems with China. For that reason alone I would discount his hat going in the ring. As for AC, rumours are the meat and drink of FT. Wishful thinking is my first reaction.
I don't think so. Rupert Hogg is a sacrifice on CX's hand. Himself has not caused any harm in China's eye. He did not go on the street nor did he expressed any view publicly. Chinese media had never attacked him personally but pointed blame on CX management (as a whole) for not following Chinese political directive instantly. Rupert Hogg has connections in China which can help BA to a certain degree. His experience on Chinese and Asian market is valuable.

Plus, China sees HKG as part of the country, would China see BA as part of China too?

As far as I know, China does not see Rupert Hogg as a problem. Rather, it sees Swire as a problem. Chinese media and forums had never named Rupert Hogg but have put the name of Swire family heirs in the blame. You are worrying for something would never be an issue and trying to judging something you have no idea of.
HKGorBust and ClosetoLHR like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Dicksbits

His departure would plunge BA into choppy and uncertain waters at a time when it requires clear leadership. Maybe he’s not the person to lead the airline into the next decade. I think many on this site would agree with that.
Lol if you think he’s providing clear leadership!

BA is already in choppy waters and it will take more than a couple of buckets to empty the vessel.
oxtailsoup and samfrost93 like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:56 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
CX passengers think that CX is basically copying BA's product "enhancements". So if Rupert Hogg were to run BA there would be some irony in that.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BA6948

I always thought BA's Modus Operandi was to meet the demands of its Shareholders. Employees and Passengers a necessary inconvenience to ensure a healthy dividend is paid.
ML
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mountlodge
I always thought BA's Modus Operandi was to meet the demands of its Shareholders. Employees and Passengers a necessary inconvenience to ensure a healthy dividend is paid.
ML
Given the cost of upcoming strikes, recent IT failures and the ICO fine he may no longer be meeting those demands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.