Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, Hilton Honors
BTW anyone who likes Punk/Speedbird etc. I REALLY recommend Hazy Jane (sadly not available on BA.)
Old May 30, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: ASLEF
For those of you that have tried Speedbird100 and liked it, have a try of BrewDog's Grapefruit IPA, Elvis Juice. There has been much agreement that Speedbird100 is essentially a slightly toned down version of Elvis Juice. Widely available in UK supermarkets and https://www.brewdog.com/brewdog-elvis-juice-4-x-can - If you've tried AirCraft and enjoyed it, then give 'Funk X Punk' a try. https://www.brewdog.com/funk-v-punk
Old May 31, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Glastohead
Tons of cans of Speedbird in EDI but zero every time I have been through T5 lounges since the announcement. What gives?

Hopefully they will have some on this flight to Shanghai.
Had to properly search for them this afternoon in the GF lounge in T5. There was about 10 cans hidden near the Punk IPA but nowhere near as much as the rest of the beers in the fridges. Low stocks maybe?
Old May 31, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
The fridges in T3 were full of SB on Tuesday of this week. Not seen it in T5 yet though.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
It was in T5 but in fridge on bottom shelf. Tucked away. Almost as if they dont want people to try it
Tredders likes this.

Last edited by Fatdickie; May 31, 2019 at 11:12 am
Old May 31, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
For those of you that have tried Speedbird100 and liked it, have a try of BrewDog's Grapefruit IPA, Elvis Juice. There has been much agreement that Speedbird100 is essentially a slightly toned down version of Elvis Juice. Widely available in UK supermarkets and https://www.brewdog.com/brewdog-elvis-juice-4-x-can - If you've tried AirCraft and enjoyed it, then give 'Funk X Punk' a try. https://www.brewdog.com/funk-v-punk
There is also a help yourself tap of Elvis Juice in the JFK GC, and very nice it is too!
Old May 31, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Nothing in GF LGW yesterday. Just the normal punk IPA, nothing stocked on my flight into AMS either (atleast nothing they'd serve me in CE)
Old May 31, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by BigVince76
There is also a help yourself tap of Elvis Juice in the JFK GC, and very nice it is too!
TrainDriverSparky and Anonba like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by InsomniaBA
Nothing in GF LGW yesterday. Just the normal punk IPA, nothing stocked on my flight into AMS either (atleast nothing they'd serve me in CE)
Nothing in GLA either today
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Stock shortages seem to have hit. Didn't check every fridge but both Flounge and T5B had nothing I could see Punk IPA was available.

Decision to BoB one on the connecting flight looking remarkably prescient. As previously described, a slightly less intense Elvis Juice. To my uneducated taste buds, rather moreish
Tobias-UK and AleTrail like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Still nothing in the Flounge today. Spent my whole day at work looking forward to it as well
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:19 pm

I could be wrong by I suspect that if you’ve tried Aircraft that you’ve actually already tried Funk X Punk. The latter is currently available in Tesco for £5 a bottle and is also a brett of the same abv. This would not be the first time I’ve seen this with Brewdog. A couple of years ago they sold a beer called Tesco Finest American Double IPA that was a rebranded version of the Mr President that is still available today. Selling a double IPA @ 9.2% side by side in Tesco was a bit of a giveaway. I’ve tried the Funk X Punk and it is a good beer, certainly different than pretty much every other beer you can pick up in a UK supermarket.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by Mjspin

I could be wrong by I suspect that if you’ve tried Aircraft that you’ve actually already tried Funk X Punk. The latter is currently available in Tesco for £5 a bottle and is also a brett of the same abv I’ve tried the Funk X Punk and it is a good beer, certainly different than pretty much every other beer you can pick up in a UK supermarket.

James Watt (BrewDog co-founder says Air Craft and Funk X Punk are similar but not the same. - https://forum.brewdog.com/t/speedbird-100/21677/16 If you have access

Originally Posted by Mjspin
This would not be the first time I’ve seen this with Brewdog. A couple of years ago they sold a beer called Tesco Finest American Double IPA that was a rebranded version of the Mr President that is still available today. Selling a double IPA @ 9.2% side by side in Tesco was a bit of a giveaway.
You're very close but in fact, Tesco Finest American Double IPA was actually BrewDog's Hardcore IPA relabelled. Tesco Finest American Double IPA was rebranded as Mr President. The 'Hardcore IPA' name got dropped. Mr President lives on in Tesco and the BrewDog bars and online shop.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold

James Watt (BrewDog co-founder says Air Craft and Funk X Punk are similar but not the same. - https://forum.brewdog.com/t/speedbird-100/21677/16 If you have access
Yeah but he also can't spell "in", so can we really trust anything he says?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:19 pm

Tesco Finest American Double IPA was rebranded as Mr President.
Isn’t that, almost word for word, what I wrote?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.