Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
It is available to the general public on the Brewdog website.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Sprodo
It is available to the general public on the Brewdog website.
Unfortunately that's not true. If you try to add it to your cart, or click the Speedbird 100, it saws "EXCLUSIVE TO EQUITY PUNKS". These are members of the Brewdog investment/crowdfunding program.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:32 am

They had the speedbird 100 on draft at the rugby last weekend. I have had it multiple times on flights and found it very average but thought it may be the serving conditions, But no- it isn't a great IPA- Brewdog have much better beers.

I haven't had the aircraft- forgot when in CCR and flying 1st but will try next week.

Last edited by Barnaby100; Aug 17, 2019 at 6:12 am
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:08 am

I was about to comment that there seems to be supply issues with the Brewdog at the moment, but having read the above this seems to be widespread. Both my flights and T5S Galleries this week didn't have it when requested, once from the BOB shop on the way to LED and again on the WTP bar trolley on the way back from DME, the crew on the way back searched the whole aircraft with no joy and encouraged me to complain, which I might do based on this, as well as being seat shifted at online check in from the front row of WTP to the last by the toilets (with no window) and pre departure drinks being offered to one side of the cabin, but not ours.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It isn't brewdog, but I have just tried the special 100 branded Hampshire 'champagne' in the CCR. I quite enjoyed it, but will probably return to the LPGS.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

I do quite like the Air Craft. Much better than the Speedbird.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Air Craft still listed on the Brewdog website as an exclusive for “Equity Punks” investors. Speedbird 100 listed for general dale now:

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/speedbird-100

Price of Speedbird seems a touch high but not too extreme. Ł2.30 per 330ml can. Was in the Galleries/Club lounges at GLA and LGW a couple of times recently and none to be seen. Had some on board and the crew seemed enthusiastic that I’d asked for it. I suspect very few people do. Delightful CC on return leg ALC > LGW gave me some to take home. This was with zero hinting or asking from myself.

The beer itself is nice enough. Slight citrus tones IMO with strong whiffs of marketing gimmick. Very palatable but nothing out of the ordinary.

If be interested to try Air Craft. At over Ł6.00 per 500ml bottle on BD website it’s got a lot of hype to live up to.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Aug 17, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Got three Speedbirds LHR - GLA on Friday morning

No drought, looking forward to trying the Aircraft
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Fair amount of Speedbird in GF Lounge on Tuesday (13 Aug), although the supply does seem to vary by week.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by airline brat
Fair amount of Speedbird in GF Lounge on Tuesday (13 Aug), although the supply does seem to vary by week.
Exactly - week before on 7th, GF was empty of Speedbird !!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue
Air Craft still listed on the Brewdog website as an exclusive for “Equity Punks” investors. Speedbird 100 listed for general dale now:

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/speedbird-100

Price of Speedbird seems a touch high but not too extreme. Ł2.30 per 330ml can. Was in the Galleries/Club lounges at GLA and LGW a couple of times recently and none to be seen. Had some on board and the crew seemed enthusiastic that I’d asked for it. I suspect very few people do. Delightful CC on return leg ALC > LGW gave me some to take home. This was with zero hinting or asking from myself.

The beer itself is nice enough. Slight citrus tones IMO with strong whiffs of marketing gimmick. Very palatable but nothing out of the ordinary.

If be interested to try Air Craft. At over Ł6.00 per 500ml bottle on BD website it’s got a lot of hype to live up to.
Where are you seeing it for sale to general public? I just checked and I still see it only available to Equity Punks..

Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
I wasn't overly keen on the Air Craft. I tried a bottle a couple of months ago and have stuck to Speedbird since. I'm flying TATL today (LHR > IAD) and will stick to Speedbird again.

Would be happy to bring some Aircraft home for others to try, but unfortunately I travel HBO and have to go back through security on my return as I transfer to the EDI flight.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
GF bereft right now.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
Where are you seeing it for sale to general public? I just checked and I still see it only available to Equity Punks..

Apologies. At the time of my original post it was definitely available for purchase and I was able to add some to my basket (didn’t complete the transaction). I can only assume this was an error and has been corrected so that it has reverted to “Exclusive To Equity Punks”.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:27 am
hmv

How is the availability of the Speedbird 100 and Air Craft beers on board and at the lounge currently? Flying a AMS-LGW/LHR-AUH-LHR/LGW-AMS roundtrip this month and would love to try them out both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.