Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Flew with the new WTP soft product recently, also on a refurbished Mid-J 747. I've got to say, the new product is significantly better than what was previously offered.

The food was much better, with good flavours and quality - the Prawn Thai Green curry was something which worked really well, and the chicken tikka masala with cumin (jeera) rice as the second meal.

I think I'd have liked the mid-flight snackbox to be offered a bit earlier in the flight than it was (it seemed to come very close to the second meal), but it's really only a minor nit.

I appreciated the extra food because a late inbound to LHR had left me with a tight connection and no time to pick up anything to eat in the terminal or visit a lounge for anything other than a loo visit and a glug of water.

Service was very good, plenty of water and juice patrols during the flight. The crewmember working the cabin took the time to introduce herself by name to each passenger when distributing menus, and it seemed like nothing was too much trouble. It was noticed that the CSM (it was a MF route) got involved in the WTP service as it was an almost full cabin, working as a second crewmember on the meal trolley. I think if the one crewmember alone worked the whole service it would have been very slow.

With the new food, amenities and refurbished cabin with the Panasonic IFE and sensible in-seat power options on the Mid-J 744, it's back up there.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: BA gold
BA Wtp kosher meals since 1st Feb 2019 ex LHR

Has anyone experienced long haul BA premium economy Kosher meals since the WTP meal updates effective 1st Feb 2019?
Has the offer been aligned with the current new WTP offerings? I'm flying LHR-SFO. What would I expect now? WTP Regular meals are now totally different than economy, have their own menu including starter, dessert plus a full second hot meal different than economy.
Has Hermolis updated their meals to the new BA WTP standards? What shall I expect for the second meal? I would love to see some pics and if anyone has had recent experiences on this. 🙂
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Love2travel86
Has anyone experienced long haul BA premium economy Kosher meals since the WTP meal updates effective 1st Feb 2019?
Has the offer been aligned with the current new WTP offerings? I'm flying LHR-SFO. What would I expect now? WTP Regular meals are now totally different than economy, have their own menu including starter, dessert plus a full second hot meal different than economy.
Has Hermolis updated their meals to the new BA WTP standards? What shall I expect for the second meal? I would love to see some pics and if anyone has had recent experiences on this. ��
Our son flew WT+ from LHR-JFK a month or so ago and was most impressed with the Hermolis meal he was served. Plenty of food and excellent quality. No idea if its aligned with the regular WT+ meals, but he was very pleased. Essentially the main course is the same as that served in CW.
Love2travel86 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold, BA Blue, Thai Silver
I just booked Sydney - LHR return in WTP, partly based on these improvements. I just wondered if there are any photos or details of the new pillow to determine whether I should take my own? Qantas PE have great plump pillows (which can also be attached to the top of the seat which is a great idea), Also, any update on whether we get a glass of sparking pre-flight from outstations?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Anyone here know if the new catering menu is available on BA84/85?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lsquare
Anyone here know if the new catering menu is available on BA84/85?
When are you flying? The world of onboard catering has changed dramatically since CV19. See here...

Covid-19 : changes to on-board meal / food / beverage service
Old Apr 20, 2020, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
When are you flying? The world of onboard catering has changed dramatically since CV19. See here...

Covid-19 : changes to on-board meal / food / beverage service
Not anytime soon. Just wondering if the changes are being reflected on BA84/85.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.