Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
What is the meal service on Durban to LHR
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
What is the meal service on Durban to LHR
I would imagine it to be breakfast as the main meal on departure, then some sort of snack a few hours before landing.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Breakfast and lunch.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Has anyone flown the new WT+?

I see lots of reviews disparaging British Airways' Premium Economy, but hardly any of these are for the new service

Which includes, a new blanket, better amenity kit, a physical menu with the option to preorder, better food including a second meal served on china ware, on some planes, newer seats (although some prefer the old seats as it a more intimate cabin, and so more exclusive)

I think BA are trying to make the product more exclusive, and at sometimes double the price of economy, they need to
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
There’s posts on this thread of the catering...

Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Has nobody posted any experiences in the main thread on this topic: Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:07 pm

Pillow is fine, looks nice but it's just a pillow.

Food was fine, comes out on a tray, isn't anything really to write home about.

Yes, you get a menu but really I'd be happy with the crew just telling me I have a choice of chicken or beef, until they apologise that they only have the pasta left.

It wasn't bad but it isn't anything special which is why I imagine there isn't lots of topics about it.

Nicer soft touches but no one is booking WT+ for it.

Amenity kit - I didn't know you could get toothpaste so small but it was appreciated. Bag design was nice, soft.

Your milage will likely vary.

Seats and space is the best perk of WT when the price is right.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Trying the make it more exclusive but expanding the cabin greatly on the newer aircraft. I think the best days of WTP are behind us.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Personally I think you'll generally find the opposite on this forum. There's a lot of agreement that Premium Economy is a pretty affordable sweet spot on BA. It can also be very well priced depending on dates/routes.

I'm of the opinion that at the right price point, it's probably the best seat you can buy for your money on a BA aircraft in terms of pure value and a pretty generous tier points glug.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
There is also some info here (below) but it seems there’s little feedback on FT about the changes.

New World Traveller Plus Amenities - Roll July 1st / Aug 1st 2019
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
My flight out to GIG, no idea what bits are new or not as not actually flown W#+ for a few years and irrespective of what else happened;

menu present, akin to a CE menu.

poor initial food (overcookef stew- vegetables essentially mush) which their around me were being loud in pointing out their distaste. Small packet of crackers on tray, but no cheese, bread role from basket. Desert was average.

Amenity kit, like a purse (or indeeed it reminded me of a pencil case from school but about a third of the size). Toothbrush/paste, lip balm both acceptable, pen cheap and nasty.

Snack box was good, all prepackaged goods- 1 tiny bag of popcorn, tiny picker of crisps (I mean less than the ones you would get in a Tesco value multipack) and a twix, served with a mini-ice-cream (magnum mint)

2nd meal served in tray no China, chicken lattice (think size of a sausage roll), stake bread role, Brownie mini-bite l (pocketed was ok).

Seat clearly as per the old product, seat poorly functioning manual, footrest wasn’t working on either mine or my neighbours chair.

Snack box (pic from internet rather than mine)

‘Amenities’ pack

Pillow and blanket look nicer than the older ones, blanket did the trick but pillow is poor.

Last edited by navylad; Sep 9, 2019 at 3:26 pm
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I have flown it. pillow is bigger, blanket is bigger.

Didn't notice a big difference in the food. Yes there was a menu.

The amenity kit, toothbrush, toothpaste, socks, blindfold (I think) and a bit of lipbalm in a nice bag.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:24 pm

We flew back from Cancun in 30th July (so day before new blanket etc).

Bagged front row row seats so lots of leg room. Seats were comfy, crew attentive, food ok but despite being in first row we didn’t get first choice for food. I’m veggie so my choice was available but had I wanted steak one of us would have had to go without.

New amenity kit was nothing to write home about, but then neither is The Club one.

However what we loved was the new IFE. Superb quality and sized screens, really easy to use with touch control.

I’m sold on WTP when Club is too pricey or I have to pay for 4 of us.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I flew in the new WT+ cabin on a flight from LGW - BGI earlier in the year.

Food was good, service was good, seat was ok for a daytime flight. Would prefer the lie flat in J for a night time flight though.

PS: I avoided the pizza for the second meal, as it looked as bad as everyone says.
Keystone likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Originally Posted by demolineux
I see lots of reviews disparaging British Airways' Premium Economy, but hardly any of these are for the new service

Which includes, a new blanket, better amenity kit, a physical menu with the option to preorder, better food including a second meal served on china ware, on some planes, newer seats (although some prefer the old seats as it a more intimate cabin, and so more exclusive)

I think BA are trying to make the product more exclusive, and at sometimes double the price of economy, they need to
Personally I hate the new WTP, only flown once and immediately upgraded the return as a result of the experience The extra recline is too intrusive and blocks a window seat passenger from getting out without stepping on the aisle seat or asking the person in front to un-recline their seat. Service is ok but once over that's it.

Cannot remember what plane we were on but the 2-4-2 config really did not offer a premium experience and of course, without status, the airport experience is no different to economy.

Ex-EU the SH segments are Y so yes cheap but relatively poor value for £/TP and many of the fares are dual inventory which is fine except when things go wrong and you are left with the underlying fare being (expensive) economy ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.