FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1951311-pictures-new-world-traveller-plus-catering-launches-1-feb-2019-a.html)

World Traveller Fuss Jan 16, 2019 5:45 am

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

You can guess from my username I'm fond of this cabin :D

Excited to see some of the updates here - looks to be using more china elements / metal cutlery, but with what appears to still be the Traveller role, milk sachet, water bottle, wrapped brownie, plastic glass etc. Looks like a small hot meal service in the last picture (perhaps for the 2nd meal service on longer hauls). Decent portion in the pictures it seems!

South London Bon Viveur Jan 16, 2019 5:55 am

Looks good. Looks similar to the AA premium economy offering, which is very decent. When does this come into effect?

1Aturnleft Jan 16, 2019 5:59 am

The cups and bowls look like the old Club Europe stock. All in all it looks like a nice if not overwhelming improvement over the old tray setup.
At least they've not gone to Club Europe extremes by offering the smaller half tray for the main meal. I guess galley space hasn't been sacrificed on the wide-bodies..... yet 😊

Can I help you Jan 16, 2019 6:34 am

I was expecting more, so far I’m disappointed.

george77300 Jan 16, 2019 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 30661206)

It looks like a huge improvement to me, both on the main meal (large tray) and the second meal service especially (small tray). When I last flew in WTP at the end of last year the second meal service was a soggy sandwich in a plastic wrapper and a energy bar.

1Aturnleft Jan 16, 2019 6:43 am

Originally Posted by george77300 (Post 30661225)
It looks like a huge improvement to me, both on the main meal (large tray) and the second meal service especially (small tray). When I last flew in WTP at the end of last year the second meal service was a soggy sandwich in a plastic wrapper and a energy bar.

Prawns can be deceptive creatures.
There's plenty of space on that new half tray setup for the soggy sandwich to be placed in its cellophane in the main dish charger and for an energy bar plonked in lieu of the bread roll :D

Can I help you Jan 16, 2019 6:49 am

The main meal was always a large tray and the second hot meal a half tray so no change there, there is just more china dishes and less plastic ones.

icegirl Jan 16, 2019 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 30661206)

I like it. The one small change I would make is to use square bowls,

What else were you expecting to see?

Can I help you Jan 16, 2019 6:53 am

I’m going to wait and see, there maybe more to come.

fruitcage Jan 16, 2019 9:05 am

Any clues on roll out? Which routes and when?

DreamTrip Jan 16, 2019 9:18 am

Originally Posted by fruitcage (Post 30661704)
Any clues on roll out? Which routes and when?

Q5 :p

BA6948 Jan 16, 2019 9:20 am

to me too, it looks like a huge improvement. The starter and desert seem to be improved and not from the WT tray. The second meal looks promising too.

Mikey Mike Mike Jan 16, 2019 9:26 am

about time

does it mean that wines are improved as well?

Travelling from YYZ to LHR in March in PE and hope to notice the difference. The real test of whether BA have listened or not will be whether breakfast into LHR has been sorted! Its good they are re-using the crockery from Club World - that makes sense for sure.
Does anyone know when the promised "bedding" arrives (presumably out of storage from it's CW days?)

The one thing I'd love BA to fix in PE (and it's only a small thing) is to serve prosecco TO London (and not just FROM London). I've had every excuse in the book when I ask every time in Toronto (to make the point) from - "it's hard to chill at the outstations" - Reply - "but you manage it in Club and First", to "it's to do with customs regulations" -reply "but you manage it in Club and First."

OK - I know it's cheap prosecco, they load two bottles, it's warm and it's half a glass- BUT it irks and it's penny pinching.

All of the above said, it's a genuine improvement and the fact that BA is on the up in terms of the quality of the on board experience - I give huge credit to them for listening. I understand PE is a profitable cabin and I know many biz folks who now travel PE - esp on the day flights to Toronto where it's a pleasant way to spend 7 hours. (assuming you get a decent screen!)

Can I help you Jan 16, 2019 9:42 am

Few more details.
3 choices of main course including a vegetarian option.
New bar snacks and hot element to all second meals.

work2fly Jan 16, 2019 10:20 am

Any indication as to when this will be implemented?