Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 : changes to on-board meal / food / beverage service

Hide Wikipost
Old May 19, 20, 7:45 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 23, 20, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

London Air Travel:

British Airways is making changes to the food & beverage provided on short and long-haul flights:

- M&S Buy On Board will be withdrawn and replaced with complimentary light refreshments, water and, on request, hot drinks
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver

We had a 241 flight in First to Boston late April which is still on (unfortunately not cancelled yet.) Got an email today about the meal service on board and it doesn’t sound promising for a First flight. We will certainly take the £70 refund hit if it doesn’t get cancelled.

Dear Customer,

We’re looking forward to welcoming you onboard your upcoming flight to Boston on XX April 2020.

At British Airways we take our commitment to your safety, comfort and well-being very seriously, which is why we wanted to tell you about some of the changes we have made to our onboard service to ensure we deliver on that promise.

We have been working closely with food and health experts to agree a temporary service for your flight which will include a selection of hot and soft drinks as well as some light refreshments. We will be carefully and hygienically preparing and packaging each meal before your flight.

If you have any special dietary requirements or allergies, unfortunately these will not be provided for.

You are very welcome to eat any food you might have brought with you that does not require heating or chilling and we will continue to assist parents who need to heat milk for their children.

If you are preparing for your flight and would like to bring food onboard it’s important for you to be aware that many restaurants and shops at the airport may be closed, so we suggest you purchase any food before you reach the airport.

We hope by the next time you fly with us normal services will have resumed at British Airways but until then, thank you for your patience and understanding.

For the latest information on coronavirus, including answers to frequently asked questions, please go to www.ba.com/coronavirus

British Airways
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
London Air Travel:
I won’t if this is temp or fully reverting back
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Bronze, SQ KrisFlyer

I just received this email re: a flight to AMS next month.
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
British Airways is making changes to the food & beverage provided on short and long-haul flights:

- M&S Buy On Board will be withdrawn and replaced with complimentary light refreshments, water and, on request, hot drinks
We’ve all need some good news to come from all this!
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Bit grim-sounding, but understandable. I doubt that in what is now just a few weeks’ time you’ll be allowed to travel to the USA anyway (assuming you don’t have an exemption) or that there will be much open to see and do whilst you’re there - this is long haul we’re in now.
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I'm getting emails for this about trips that have been cancelled.
AAtticus likes this.
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Family member received this for their flight in WT to Singapore tomorrow, that will be thoroughly unpleasant- I expect it will be something like a pre-package cheese sandwich?
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

British Airways has made changes to in-flight catering on short and long-haul flights in response to Coronavirus. Some of the changes are quite vague, but the overall aim seems to be to avoid the need to prepare food on board aircraft. This will mean less, and presumably chilled only, food will be available on flights. These changes will be particularly noticeable in Club World and First Class
Source: London Air Travel

All flights
Special meals: withdrawn

Euro Traveller:
Buy on board: withdrawn. Replaced with complimentary refreshments
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by OddJobMan View Post
Me too just now for a cancelled flight on Saturday, IT not joined up again.
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Malta April

Just got a BA email for a CE flight to Malta in April

"We know you will understand in the circumstances why it is necessary to avoid food preparation on board our aircraft. This means that food or drinks will not be available to purchase onboard your flight, but we will be offering complimentary light refreshments and hot drinks."

So BoB is gone and the CE service is what?

Unlikely to fly as Malta is 14day isolation on arrival.
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by OddJobMan View Post
Same here.
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:54 pm

I understand this hard times with Corona but ba should offer some refund or points for CE passangers...
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:58 pm

Restrictions on short haul and long haul till 24th april

on long haul there will be sandwiches, snacks and water soft drinks and hot beverages

sh complimentary snacks and water hot drinks on request
Old Mar 23, 20, 3:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Garimi View Post
I understand this hard times with Corona but ba should offer some refund or points for CE passangers...
Right now I would be happy to travel at all (if I were to travel / get back home) and cut the airlines some slack.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: