Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the staffer

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2024, 9:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA CK (8MM), Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by BA6501
The AA flight is now at 09:35. In the past it was around 07:45 I believe.
Adter departure, drinks, mixed nuts, and olives followed by breakfast. Its really an odd service in First.
Old May 28, 2024, 9:43 am

Programs: BA GGL
BA462 (LHR-MAD) lands at 1730 and BA463 (MAD-LHR) doesn't depart until 1955. Why does this aircraft ground stop for so long? Can't think of another route I've seen that sticks around for that long.
Old May 28, 2024, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by c1223
BA462 (LHR-MAD) lands at 1730 and BA463 (MAD-LHR) doesn't depart until 1955. Why does this aircraft ground stop for so long? Can't think of another route I've seen that sticks around for that long.
A quirk of two elements. IIRC it used to be a 767 rotation which was very heavy on the cargo side, that and slot allocation parings by ACL. LHR-MAD is becoming more of a Puente Areo than MAD-BCN
BA or bust and c1223 like this.
Old May 28, 2024, 10:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Sigwx
A quirk of two elements. IIRC it used to be a 767 rotation which was very heavy on the cargo side, that and slot allocation parings by ACL. LHR-MAD is becoming more of a Puente Areo than MAD-BCN
Shame the LHR-MAD prices don't reflect those of the Puente Areo. Some might say monopolistic...
BA or bust, embarcadero1 and Sigwx like this.
Old May 29, 2024, 11:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Random question of the week.

on an A319 for boarding today all the seat number lifts (I.e cabin crew call lights) were illuminated in every row but didnt look like indicator in exit row was on. They all went off before pushback.

What configuration causes this and have I just never noticed before?
Old May 29, 2024, 12:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
the lights are on as the passenger door is open. once the passenger door is closed those lights all go out.
Old May 29, 2024, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
the lights are on as the passenger door is open. once the passenger door is closed those lights all go out.
Based on my flight hours on A319s this makes me less observant than the time I didnt realise my wife had put the Christmas tree up that I was sat next to for four hours.

Thank you!
Old May 29, 2024, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by guytp
Based on my flight hours on A319s this makes me less observant than the time I didnt realise my wife had put the Christmas tree up that I was sat next to for four hours.

Thank you!
Not just A319s, it's an Airbus feature (and a very useful one in my view).
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 29, 2024, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am never going to unsee this now.
flarmip likes this.
Old May 30, 2024, 2:11 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
I am never going to unsee this now.
Yes, I can never 'unsee' the APU hole at the back of the plane now after discussions on here.
Old May 30, 2024, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If I remember correctly the Emergency Exit signs light up as main gear touches the runway?

I'd never seen that until my other half (who is Cabin Crew) pointed it out to me
Old May 30, 2024, 4:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EGHI_or_BUST
If I remember correctly the Emergency Exit signs light up as main gear touches the runway?

I'd never seen that until my other half (who is Cabin Crew) pointed it out to me
the exit signs light up when the gear comes down.

not so much that i am more observant, but more that i spend far too much time on the planes
Old May 30, 2024, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by EGHI_or_BUST

As an observant passenger only - I thought it was when the landing gear was down (and presumably locked) and is accompanied by a "bing"?
alex67500 likes this.
Old May 30, 2024, 4:21 am

I believe certain A350s (or is it the newer A32x NEOs) have an alternate configuration where a certain flap configuration, rather than gear, triggers it to come on.

I'm not sure if the exit light is across all Airbus though or just BA's fleet as I feel like I've flown other carriers where this doesn't happen
Old May 30, 2024, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I believe certain A350s (or is it the newer A32x NEOs) have an alternate configuration where a certain flap configuration, rather than gear, triggers it to come on.

I'm not sure if the exit light is across all Airbus though or just BA's fleet as I feel like I've flown other carriers where this doesn't happen
Flew on a A320 NEO recently where the exit signs came on long before the gear was down, I asked the captain after, and he said they switch it on as part of a checklist. No idea how true that is!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.