Ask the staffer

Old May 6, 2024, 9:21 pm
  #1531  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas
Programs: BA Gold, AA CK (8MM), Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 84
Originally Posted by BA6501
The AA flight is now at 09:35. In the past it was around 07:45 I believe.
Adter departure, drinks, mixed nuts, and olives followed by breakfast. Itís really an odd service in First.
private_md is offline  
Old May 28, 2024, 9:43 am
  #1532  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nottingham
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 1,399
BA462 (LHR-MAD) lands at 1730 and BA463 (MAD-LHR) doesn't depart until 1955. Why does this aircraft ground stop for so long? Can't think of another route I've seen that sticks around for that long.
c1223 is offline  
Old May 28, 2024, 9:54 am
  #1533  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,357
Originally Posted by c1223
BA462 (LHR-MAD) lands at 1730 and BA463 (MAD-LHR) doesn't depart until 1955. Why does this aircraft ground stop for so long? Can't think of another route I've seen that sticks around for that long.
A quirk of two elements. IIRC it used to be a 767 rotation which was very heavy on the cargo side, that and slot allocation parings by ACL. LHR-MAD is becoming more of a ĎPuente Aťreoí than MAD-BCN
BA or bust and c1223 like this.
Sigwx is offline  
Old May 28, 2024, 10:12 am
  #1534  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nottingham
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 1,399
Originally Posted by Sigwx
A quirk of two elements. IIRC it used to be a 767 rotation which was very heavy on the cargo side, that and slot allocation parings by ACL. LHR-MAD is becoming more of a ĎPuente Aťreoí than MAD-BCN
Shame the LHR-MAD prices don't reflect those of the Puente Aťreo. Some might say monopolistic...
BA or bust, embarcadero1 and Sigwx like this.
c1223 is offline  
Old May 29, 2024, 11:59 am
  #1535  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 338
Random question of the week.

on an A319 for boarding today all the seat number lifts (I.e cabin crew call lights) were illuminated in every row but didnít look like indicator in exit row was on. They all went off before pushback.

What configuration causes this and have I just never noticed before?
guytp is offline  
Old May 29, 2024, 12:02 pm
  #1536  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 43,453
the lights are on as the passenger door is open. once the passenger door is closed those lights all go out.
KARFA is offline  
Old May 29, 2024, 12:07 pm
  #1537  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 338
Originally Posted by KARFA
the lights are on as the passenger door is open. once the passenger door is closed those lights all go out.
Based on my flight hours on A319s this makes me less observant than the time I didnít realise my wife had put the Christmas tree up that I was sat next to for four hours.

Thank you!
guytp is offline  
Old May 29, 2024, 12:41 pm
  #1538  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 64,460
Originally Posted by guytp
Based on my flight hours on A319s this makes me less observant than the time I didnít realise my wife had put the Christmas tree up that I was sat next to for four hours.

Thank you!
Not just A319s, it's an Airbus feature (and a very useful one in my view).
LCSinTexas likes this.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Old May 29, 2024, 1:12 pm
  #1539  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 338
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Not just A319s, it's an Airbus feature (and a very useful one in my view).
I am never going to unsee this now.
flarmip likes this.
guytp is offline  
Old May 30, 2024, 2:11 am
  #1540  
Fairmont Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC electrum
Posts: 2,106
Originally Posted by guytp
I am never going to unsee this now.
Yes, I can never 'unsee' the APU hole at the back of the plane now after discussions on here.
DeathSlam is offline  
Old May 30, 2024, 4:08 am
  #1541  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Not just A319s, it's an Airbus feature (and a very useful one in my view).
If I remember correctly the Emergency Exit signs light up as main gear touches the runway?

I'd never seen that until my other half (who is Cabin Crew) pointed it out to me
EGHI_or_BUST is offline  
Old May 30, 2024, 4:12 am
  #1542  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 43,453
Originally Posted by EGHI_or_BUST
If I remember correctly the Emergency Exit signs light up as main gear touches the runway?

I'd never seen that until my other half (who is Cabin Crew) pointed it out to me
the exit signs light up when the gear comes down.

not so much that i am more observant, but more that i spend far too much time on the planes
KARFA is offline  
Old May 30, 2024, 4:14 am
  #1543  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 317
Originally Posted by EGHI_or_BUST
If I remember correctly the Emergency Exit signs light up as main gear touches the runway?

I'd never seen that until my other half (who is Cabin Crew) pointed it out to me
As an observant passenger only - I thought it was when the landing gear was down (and presumably locked) and is accompanied by a "bing"?
alex67500 likes this.
GeeMac is offline  
Old May 30, 2024, 4:21 am
  #1544  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 338
I believe certain A350s (or is it the newer A32x NEOs) have an alternate configuration where a certain flap configuration, rather than gear, triggers it to come on.

I'm not sure if the exit light is across all Airbus though or just BA's fleet as I feel like I've flown other carriers where this doesn't happen
guytp is offline  
Old May 30, 2024, 7:49 am
  #1545  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: York, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Posts: 1,190
Originally Posted by guytp
I believe certain A350s (or is it the newer A32x NEOs) have an alternate configuration where a certain flap configuration, rather than gear, triggers it to come on.

I'm not sure if the exit light is across all Airbus though or just BA's fleet as I feel like I've flown other carriers where this doesn't happen
Flew on a A320 NEO recently where the exit signs came on long before the gear was down, I asked the captain after, and he said they switch it on as part of a checklist. No idea how true that is!
S_W_S is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.