Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Do you know if it really does that, or is it only the email that contains the wrong info?
It really does that. I rang CS to make a change to a booking I made like this and the rep refused to deal with me because the billing name on the booking did not match the name I was giving.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Angry

Originally Posted by Fitch I have a slight variant on this:
  • logged in no issues
  • can see full list of bookings
  • when I click on a booking an interstitial loads and I have to re-enter PNR and surname
  • works fine thereafter
Had it for a while (2-3 weeks ?)

More of an annoyance than anything but would be curious to know if anyone has had similar ?
Originally Posted by mrandery
Same issue here. Been like this for a while. At least since last November.

This is now constant for me. I am unable to click from any 'future booking' listed into MMB whilst logged in. I cannot even use the booking not found screen. I need to log out and then I can log into all my bookings.

This is across Chrome, Edge and IE,
I have deleted cache and cookies
I've also tried incognito/secret/whatever on the browsers

This cannot be normal

Last edited by BugAlugs; Feb 21, 2019 at 6:27 am
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I am really getting fed up with the non-working MMB on the BA website. Either it doesn't recognise any bookings at all or if it does so, one still has to re-enter the PNR manually to access any booking. How can it take BA so long to fix an essential feature of an airline website? This is beyond me.

Rant over...
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Made a separate post about a specific issue I encountered for the first time today.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
For me it seems like several different websites, I get the bookings missing from MMB occasionally. However, I also get the cash and reward flight booking pages switching between the old and new style and dumping the selections in-between.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by florens
How can it take BA so long to fix an essential feature of an airline website?
I have long wondered whether this post hits the nail on the head: Group Boarding 2018 - first hand experiences
Originally Posted by onobond
Made a separate post about a specific issue I encountered for the first time today.
But at least this thread's contents should give you comfort that there is absolutely nothing to worry about.
​​
florens likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
There's a persisting problem when trying to add South African mobile phone numbers to bookings: they are simply rejected.
This one's still there.

Last edited by Globaliser; Feb 27, 2019 at 8:19 am
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: BA - Blue
can no longer see fare bucket?

It must have been too long since I've made a booking on the ba.com website (I often call up so that I can pay in GBP). I can no longer find the fare bucket for the flights in the different fare classes: used to just click on the flight number, but that has also disappeared. A quick search on the previous (closed) thread has one poster mention it, but no follow-up.

Am I missing something or some way to find the fare bucket?

tb
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by trueblu
It must have been too long since I've made a booking on the ba.com website (I often call up so that I can pay in GBP). I can no longer find the fare bucket for the flights in the different fare classes: used to just click on the flight number, but that has also disappeared. A quick search on the previous (closed) thread has one poster mention it, but no follow-up.

Am I missing something or some way to find the fare bucket?

tb
once you go in to the "confirm flights 2 of 5" page click on "flight details" next to each flight and you should see a pop up box which includes selling class.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once you've got a firm fare quote, you should still be able to click on "Flight details" or "More flight information" or something like that to see the booking class. I think it may depend on which version of the interface you're being shown.

Last edited by Globaliser; Feb 27, 2019 at 8:19 am
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Thanks both! It's more work than before, since one can't see all booking classes in one go (e,g. WT vs WT+), but at least it hasn't disappeared as I had feared!

tb
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Anyone else having problems with ba.com using Chrome? Can't click many of the links, for example clicking on the calendar when wanting to book flight doesn't open the calendar view etc.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by florens
Anyone else having problems with ba.com using Chrome? Can't click many of the links, for example clicking on the calendar when wanting to book flight doesn't open the calendar view etc.
I've always had odd functionality issues with Chrome. For instance, in my BAEC account, I can't delete recent flight searches. Also, with expandable sections, clicking 'pull down' arrows to view/hide the section causes the page to scroll to the top.
florens likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by BugAlugs
Originally Posted by Fitch I have a slight variant on this:
  • logged in no issues
  • can see full list of bookings
  • when I click on a booking an interstitial loads and I have to re-enter PNR and surname
  • works fine thereafter
Had it for a while (2-3 weeks ?)

More of an annoyance than anything but would be curious to know if anyone has had similar ?

This is now constant for me. I am unable to click from any 'future booking' listed into MMB whilst logged in. I cannot even use the booking not found screen. I need to log out and then I can log into all my bookings.

This is across Chrome, Edge and IE,
I have deleted cache and cookies
I've also tried incognito/secret/whatever on the browsers

This cannot be normal
I have had a similar problem for the last three weeks. I keep on being asked to re-enter the PNR and my name. This initially worked, but in the last week this has not worked at all.
I used two different computers (Mac and Windows) in two different locations (ie two different networks) with three different browsers (Safari, Edge and Chrome). Cleared caches/cookies and restarted the computers, nothing worked. (I could still access via the app).

Finally called BA, who after asking if I had tried all the remedies listed above, the agent said she'd send a note to have this looked at.
This morning I managed to get into my bookings. I changed the date on one booking and after that, lo and behold the problem returned!

One thing that seems to work is clicking on the MMB link in the confirmation email - this gets me in half of the time.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Looking to investigate the options/costs for a flight change and an annoying one this morning, the website is hanging (ie. stuck) on a “loading please wait” page attempting to access MMB. Same this happens via the Executive Club page, entering the booking reference and the direct link in the email.

Is anyone else having this problem? I've been trying for the last 20mins or so.Thanks.

[UPDATE: Resolved - Was usuing Firefox, tried Edge and managed to gain access. Firefox however still not working, not had a problem before.]

Last edited by FlyingWeasel; Mar 9, 2019 at 5:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.