Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 1:29 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by steveholt
Have a question about using BA.com with ITA Powertools/BookWithMatrix. Not sure if this is the right thread. I'm able to transfer a standard itinerary from ITA to BA in a typical fare class, but if I use ITA to create a fare with a first class fare on the outbound (in J/A) and a business class fare (in I) on the return, even if it prices out in ITA, BA.com throws me an error. Is there a way to book mixed class fares on BA?
i think you would have to call to book. Ba.com doesn’t handle complex itineraries well.
steveholt likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Has anyone had any trouble booking JAL domestic flights with Avios via the BA website recently?

Yesterday and today, I've tried booking 3 different routes/dates. It gets past the payment screen (taxes were around £2-4, so it's not the £0 payment error), then this appears:

Edited to add: It doesn't work via the app either.

Last edited by musehead; May 10, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Old May 13, 2019, 5:55 am

Regarding the above, it's still not working for me after 4 days attempting to book.

BA call centre won't waive the phone booking fee because they say they've not been notified of a problem, and apparently they can't anyway because it's a partner airline.

It's not just an issue with my account, my girlfriend's is also affected.

I've managed to make an international JAL redemption (HKG - HND) without issue so it seems to be only domestic flights affected.

Is there anything I can do?
Old May 13, 2019, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by musehead
Regarding the above, it's still not working for me after 4 days attempting to book.

BA call centre won't waive the phone booking fee because they say they've not been notified of a problem, and apparently they can't anyway because it's a partner airline.

I've managed to make an international JAL redemption (HKG - HND) without issue so it seems to be only domestic flights affected.

what date are you looking to book a JAL domestic flight?
Old May 13, 2019, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
what date are you looking to book a JAL domestic flight?
Mid-October (9th and 16th) and also 17th January next year. Availability shows up for all on an online search.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:36 am

Mid-October (9th and 16th) and also 17th January next year. Availability shows up for all on an online search.
I thought you couldn't book JAL domestic rewards more than 2/3 months out?

Japan domestic awards not available to book?
Old May 13, 2019, 7:13 am

Interesting, thanks.

Certainly in the past I've not been able to book them in advance of ~2 months. However, availability for domestic awards is showing as far out as 29/04/2020 right now.

Annoying if they're not bookable despite being visible as I was hoping to get some redemptions in before the Avios price increases at the end of this month!
Old May 14, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
The webform for email queries seems to have a glitch. The first box to fill in is address, which is odd in itself, but it will not accept the content in any format I've tried.

I only wanted to ask when/if my card will get sent out - three months waiting currntly.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:27 am

i had the same bug but with american airlines availability through ba.com. i called ba.com and they said the availability on ba.com and the partner airlines don't match up; basically there is no availability, thus the error.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC
I'm trying to upgrade a flight with avios which seems to fine until I get past the payment section where I get the same error page on every device or card I try. Unfortunately there isn't a PayPal option available on the app or site when upgrading so I can't get round it with that.
Old May 25, 2019, 1:00 am

Having exactly the same problem whenever I try to book a JAL domestic redemption. I'm based in Japan, so when this happened a couple of weeks ago for a HND-ITM redemption, I gave BA's Japan office a call and they booked it for me without charging the usual telephone booking fee. The agent said that the error was because the flight I had originally wanted had no availability and I was seeing "ghost availability" on the website; this wasn't a problem, as I was able to book a flight an hour or so later. However, I think the reason I was given probably isn't true, as I've subsequently tried to make several more redemptions on the BA site, and am getting an error every single time. I'm hoping to get a batch of bookings made before the Avios increase for domestic redemptions next week, so it looks like I'll be making another call to the BA Japan office when it reopens on Tuesday...
Old May 27, 2019, 5:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
MMB still causing issues (IE, Chrome, BA Holidays booking). Unable to click on specific flights in a multi flight itinerary or on "car rental", the page jumps back to the top.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
MMB is buggy for days for me now, all bookings "gone" from the view...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:34 am
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF, TK
Looking to book LHR-VIE one way on 9th June. The BA website shows the last flight of the day (BA706) as being just 54/185 GBP (Y/J) . Booking fails at the payment stage ("Sorry, something went wrong...") Tried a couple of times today and the fare is still there at the time of posting. GF and various OTAs are showing that flight to be much more expensive though, so I assume it is just a glitch but would welcome any insight.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by TSE
Looking to book LHR-VIE one way on 9th June. The BA website shows the last flight of the day (BA706) as being just 54/185 GBP (Y/J).
Availability isn't there for lower fares. I'm getting GBP279.44 for K class, GBP394.44 for D class.

Code:
AD09JUNLHRVIE/ABA
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AD ** VIE VIENNA.AT                  6 SU 09JUN 0000
///
 5   BA 706  J9 C9 D9 Y9 B9 H9 K5 /LHR 3 VIE    1915    2230  E0/320       2:15
             ML Q4 S9 G9
There are no Q/S/G fares filed.

Hopefully BA.com catches up with true availability quickly.
TSE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.