Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:41 am

The issue continues for me as well - not possible for any AA route.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mrpacifist
The issue continues for me as well - not possible for any AA route.
I tried calling but it's a system wide issue, not just web related. BA is showing no availability for AA award seats. Just said they know about the issue and they're working on it.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
I was able to book DFW-CUN this morning (HK time) so hopefully this problem has been fixed. The last few days I was also getting an error message then the message changed to “BA and it’s partners don’t fly this route”.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by edsh
I tried calling but it's a system wide issue, not just web related. BA is showing no availability for AA award seats. Just said they know about the issue and they're working on it.
Once upon a time the BAEC US line was open 7x24 hours. I decided to make a reservation 530pm Pacific Time and found out the BAEC line had gone to bed. [Since it's routed to India anyway, why?]

So I called "Hong Kong" ($0.02/minute on Fi) and was routed to (what is probably) India. (or BA has Indians manning their HK call center). The CSR insisted on a $25 per person phone booking fee even when I told him that the BA website kept giving me an error when trying to book PHX-DEN on AA. (True).

I gave up and called "Tokyo". I think I was routed to India as well. This time the rep was very helpful but the call took 45 MINUTES from start to finish. Early on she told me she would "see what she could do" about the phone booking fee. Somewhere around the 35 minute mark she said the fee would be waived, so the 3 award tickets were 22,500 Avios and $16.80.

BA certainly makes you earn the savings. Saved 15K miles and avoided AA's 3x $75 close-in booking fee.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:35 am

Thought I'd give it a go again this morning, this is even worse. Now even for BA flights, or via the Rewards finder: "There was a problem with your request, please try again later."
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:21 am
Lux

Incorrect search history

A bug (I hope) that I’ve not seen listed here. When logging in on my own computer (no other accounts log into BA.com on this machine) I saw a search history that is partly mine and partly not mine. The number of travellers match my travel pattern, but the routes and dates are ones I’d never use.

This flagged itself up to me as a potential security breach - my password is unique, but I’ve changed it again just in case - although I suspect it’s a BA.com bug. Of course as the account history functionality is very outdated and can’t show what a redemption was for, only the date and number of miles spent, so I had to call BA to check those past redemptions. There was no fraud but what a waste of my and the BA Call Centre's time.

Frustrating. I will be very happy when BA finally introduces two factor authentication and improves security.

Last edited by Lux; Apr 9, 2019 at 3:34 am
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Logged in to book a flight a couple of hours ago. After the booking was completed, I went into MMB to change my seats and when I clicked on 'Return to Manage My Booking', it kept on the seat selection page. Tried clicking a few times but it refused to budge from the seat page. Eventually hit Cmd-R to refresh the screen and I was magically transported to Japan, with all the text on the site displayed in Japanese. Clearing my cache from the previous couple of hours appears to have fixed it.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
Thought I'd give it a go again this morning, this is even worse. Now even for BA flights, or via the Rewards finder: "There was a problem with your request, please try again later."
Same error here when looking at domestic redemptions. LHR-IST search seemed to be working normally.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Impossible to book domestic reward flights for the last hour - just getting the standard ‘error with your request’ message.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:58 pm

Trying to book Economy out , Business rtn to LHR - EDI, gets through to almost the end of the booking stage when you realise it's switched the CE to ET for the return leg, but still wants to charge more than booking ET both ways
( it's really not worth extra for CE IMHO on that route, except one traveller needs another 20TPs to renew Silver )

Lets you book them as 1-ways without a problem
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Trying to book a BA holiday package, however just between the payment and confirmation stage this message appears:

”We’re very sorry there has been a problem confirming your booking. Rest assured we have not taken any payment.”

Does anyone know how to fix this or what is causing it? Have tried numerous times.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
OLCI/PYOBP ... not working on ba.com, but OLCI achieved on App for us both. PYOBP not achievable - ba.com just giving the spinning wheel.

So frustrating, especially when it's a primary function of the website.

Now I can't even determine if my wife is also checked in for both sectors (JER-LGW-MLA).

EDIT. Finally achieved PYOBP after 30 minutes of trying! No SEQ001 this time!

Last edited by T8191; Apr 24, 2019 at 3:10 am
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: BA
There is an inconsistency in my Club statement between the App and website: the website shows I have taken 2/4 eligible flight segments towards Silver status but the App still shows 0/2 to retain Bronze even though it also shows 2/25 eligible flights. I took two flights on BA metal back in February (during the current earning year). I will need these two segments to count in order to get Silver. Should I be worried?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Flyafk
There is an inconsistency in my Club statement between the App and website: the website shows I have taken 2/4 eligible flight segments towards Silver status but the App still shows 0/2 to retain Bronze even though it also shows 2/25 eligible flights. I took two flights on BA metal back in February (during the current earning year). I will need these two segments to count in order to get Silver. Should I be worried?
The App has a longstanding issue in this area and dozens of FTers have raised this in the past too, so you're not alone. Just be guided by the website version.
Flyafk likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer;30934528

...Today, I can see them but as soon as I click into MMB I get error messages.....

BA's IT is a total joke.
This has been going on for months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.