Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by marcolau317
Not sure if it works, but if you connect using home internet, try pull the plug off the modem (the ISP one) and restart it. Sometimes it can generate a new IP for the router/computer...
Originally Posted by T8191
Yes ... re-booting the Modern resolved it. Thank you both! ^
Glad that worked! My ISP has allocated me the same IP address over the last 12 months even though I usually turn my router off at night, and when I'm away. I had an issue with a different website where I got blocked, and had to email them to unblock me. Irritating. Conversely, I have friends that pay quite a bit for a static IP address and are annoyed I seem to have one for free. One that I don't want
T8191 and marcolau317 like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Glad that worked! My ISP has allocated me the same IP address over the last 12 months even though I usually turn my router off at night, and when I'm away. I had an issue with a different website where I got blocked, and had to email them to unblock me. Irritating. Conversely, I have friends that pay quite a bit for a static IP address and are annoyed I seem to have one for free. One that I don't want
Without going too off-topic, if you use router as well, try amend MAC address to your PC or mobile phone and see if you can 'fake' the ISP and assign a new IP address...
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Todd McCartney
Well BA on Twitter was useless.. they ended our twitter conversation with 0 resolution, told me there is no way for them to give me the $65..END... ..., what kind of customer service is this?
Welcome to BAFT, albeit at a bad time. With the various issues on-going, including massive rebooking requirements and call-center overload, it’s little wonder that things aren’t working too well.

I’m not surprised that British Airways ‘phone agents aren’t fully conversant with the complexities of combining AARP and Chase discounts ... this is a little beyond their normal skill-set, I suggest.

Good luck with chasing () your $65. Customer Service may respond in a month or so, given current workloads.
marcolau317 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Todd McCartney
Well BA on Twitter was useless.. they ended our twitter conversation with 0 resolution, told me there is no way for them to give me the $65..END... ..., what kind of customer service is this?
I encountered the same IT issues Sunday afternoon trying to book tickets for early December; having gone through the AARP/BA portal, I entered the Chaseba10 and everything looked great. I then hit the submit payment button and got the "

This page is not available.

Sorry we can't show you this page at the moment."

comment. I tried again this morning to no avail, both with and without the AARP element. Called BA who said they had not heard of any IT issues and said they would put me through to BA Sales which I due to time constraints this morning, could not wait on hold - I decided to try once more and successfully managed to make the booking (without the AARP discount, but with the Chase 10% off) Oh well - $28 missed out on. Still happy to be able to make plans now. (unless there is a strike!)
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Once again, ba.com isn't working...

Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
Once again, ba.com isn't working...
working for me....just made a booking less than 5 minutes ago....
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by WNT2FLY
I've been trying to book for the past 4 days, no luck. All I get after paymetn is the following.. So far calling BA has yielded 1. them telling me AARP discount doesnt apply to econmy (false) 2. you can't use AARP and chase discounts (false) 3. hanging up on me after being put on hold. Not sure i'll ever get this booked...

This page is not available.

Sorry we can't show you this page at the moment.

Please try the following actions:
  • Restart your browser and try again
  • Try using a different browser
If these steps fail to resolve the problem, please contact us quoting the following information:
  • Our reference: S000678328-O2JI
  • Your IP address:
  • Time: 14:59:27 GMT, 25 Aug
If you are able to provide a screen shot of this page, the following additional information will also be of use to us:
  • A7FCF0096EC57A65
  • 3TnHdvpWwLTyc9Cp83HvghjJ67yrBWG2Tbtv1KjGLkJbnvHJQS 8l
It’s back, and for me it’s at payment confirmation page. Bloody useless BA IT and yet so unsurprising.

Please BA. get rid of that bell end Cruz and his penny pinching ethos and start investing in decent IT!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 5:41 pm

After the AARP website not working and back and forth with AARP and BA on Twitter in Direct Messages, I was told by BA to book by phone. Did it and finally got the tickets, just without the Chase discount. They should just have a code or something that we could use on the BA website, would be easier and hopefully less troublesome.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:23 pm

Is February 2020 Cancelled?

Gotta love ba.com!

rb211.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:08 pm

When did BA stop flying from Heathrow?

Ok it’s a bit tongue in cheek, but I just went to price a flight on the website and put LHR as I always do and was surprised to see a message come up saying sorry but we don’t recognise that airport!

Seriously BA, pull your finger out. Idiots.
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
What site are you using? Browser? Etc?

Just tried it on PC and Android App and worked fine.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
that seams to happen when doing a flight + hotel booking (well with me anyway) when I have to use LON as the start point and (in my case) NYC as the end because it doesn't recognuse JFK!
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Military Discount Link Temp Down

BA have assured me that the military discount still stands, but Defence Discount Service have removed the link; they’ve stated this is to improve the inter-operatability and will be back soon. Hopefully not too long to wait as I have flights to book.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by dddc
What site are you using? Browser? Etc?

Just tried it on PC and Android App and worked fine.
Using Safari. I know it was just a temporary glitch but it is just another example of an inept IT department. Issues like this should never be allowed to happen.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
This query is solely out of curiosity. My next flight is to ICN but, both the website and the app fail to display a picture of Seoul in my booking. Instead, the app displays an image of an A380! Are there other destinations that don’t have an image loaded?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.