Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by wb1969

Using Safari. I know it was just a temporary glitch but it is just another example of an inept IT department. Issues like this should never be allowed to happen.
I've seen this happen on other apps and websites, OTAs for example. It's fine one day the doesn't want to work the next. Quite often your browser and connection isn't connecting to the server in a timely manner causing the issue. Try Firefox and see if it happens there on a wired connection.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
My Statement search fails first time

Logged into the website on my iPad (due to the state of the app!), and clicking on Manage My Account > My Statement in the left hand pane, then clicking on search always gives me an “Unexpected remote exception occurred” error as shown above.

if I select 20 transactions from the pull down and search, it’s fine, as it is if I then re-select the default of 10 transactions and search.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am not getting "email quote" emails arriving. Been trying the last couple of days
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Uugh... website seems down again. Trying to book work related travel and as a true miracle found a decent PE fare. Full blown website down error earlier and now price has jumped about 1.3k more.
Anyone else having issues?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:59 am

Not exactly related to website, but several times now I have received an invitation for post-flight survey anything from 2-12 hours before departure.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
can't login to my exec club account on either app or website, was fine earlier today, just me?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA silver
Return flights all shown as not available

Am trying to book round trip to MAD for next year. Whatever dates I search, all flights are available in the outward direction, but the returns are mostly or all greyed out and shown as ‘not available’. It’s not just a problem with the app - booking on the website most return flights don’t appear at all. If I book as two one ways, all flights have space, but it’s much more expensive. Flights are all available on Iberia’s app but then getting a different problem - for the flights I want, no Y option being presented with checked baggage for the return.

The problem seems to have been there for a while - I did a short notice booking a couple of weeks ago and ended up booking the return on FR as assumed BA was full - but having checked appears to have been a glitch rather than actually not available.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: BA (Gold)
Points purchasing

Website for purchasing points (redirected via buy avios on BA website) is currently unavailable. Had a lot of back & forth between Amex and BA before BA admitted there is an issue. They are working on a fix I believe.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:52 pm

ba.com down AGAIN?

Trying to log in but it just brings me back to the log-in page each time I enter my details. Same on the app. What a load of cr&p lol.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Works for me. I tried the web page.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aristoph
Trying to log in but it just brings me back to the log-in page each time I enter my details. Same on the app. What a load of cr&p lol.
I've been having this looping login page problem off and on over the last few days. I suspect it's a cookie problem, as when this happens, if I open a private browser window, I can login OK.

If I go back to a regular browser window a few hours later, it works again.

I haven't had a problem lately in the app, so I can't comment on that...other than to say that I have resorted to deleting and reinstalling the BA app more than once in the past, as it seems easily confused.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by skippythelizard
I've been having this looping login page problem off and on over the last few days. I suspect it's a cookie problem, as when this happens, if I open a private browser window, I can login OK.

If I go back to a regular browser window a few hours later, it works again.

I haven't had a problem lately in the app, so I can't comment on that...other than to say that I have resorted to deleting and reinstalling the BA app more than once in the past, as it seems easily confused.
Thanks!

A conspiracy theorist might conclude that the IT department at BA doesn't want us to spend any money with the airline....
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA, KLM, Alitalia
It is the cookies...deleting them fixed it for me yesterday when it happend to me..
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I don't see this often, but a change of browser does the job. All my browsing is done in private browsing windows as a matter of routine.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
You can also change the settings within your browser so that it automatically deletes cookies (either globally or for specific websites) at the end of every session. I do this anyway, as it's quite remarkable just how many cookies get created during the course of a day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.