Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA OnBusiness - Major Inconsistency in T&Cs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA OnBusiness - Major Inconsistency in T&Cs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Tafflyer

Well, the T&C’s when logged on have not changed, did support changes to return bookings after the outbound had been flown and I was succesful in making such changes. I do not consider myself lucky being able to make changes that were obviously intended to be allowed just because internal BA information was contradictory. The internal memo is useful for customers now wishing to make these changes, I hope the public T&C’s are amended to reflect this and that nobody else has the hassle that I did making changes.

Happy to also hear that upgrades to existing bookings are possible. The website banner does not however state that this applies to all existing bookings but only to TA bookings. Can you confirm that internal guidelines apply to all existing bookings.
Yes intended to be allowed as of today clearly someone changed them early online was my point which again you are missing.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Anonba

Yes intended to be allowed as of today clearly someone changed them early online was my point which again you are missing.
I’m sorry if we’re misunderstanding eachother. The online T&C’s allowing changes has been there since my company joined OB, and that is more than 5 years ago. The contradiction with the publicly visible T&C’s has been there since the revamp/devaluation 2 years ago.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:31 pm

I’m sorry if we’re misunderstanding eachother. The online T&C’s allowing changes has been there since my company joined OB, and that is more than 5 years ago. The contradiction with the publicly visible T&C’s has been there since the revamp/devaluation 2 years ago.
Im specifically talking about the t and c being able to change the return after the outbound is flown.

If the discrepancy has been there that long im very surprised. All internal information and policy has been that the return was not changeable if the outbound was taken. The email today wasnt a reminder or anything else it was to explain change of policy as of today. It would mean that the t and c youve seen has been incorrect for years as it has not been changed officially till today. I suspect roll out of this and other stuff was intended when onbusiness was changed however could not be actioned for technical reasons.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The T&Cs are set to change again, as earning on QR is soon to removed from the OnBusiness terms.

This was in the pipeline prior to my commenting about it, but they have relented I was correct.

The battle still rages regarding expired points.

M
Stez likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold

Happy to also hear that upgrades to existing bookings are possible. The website banner does not however state that this applies to all existing bookings but only to TA bookings. Can you confirm that internal guidelines apply to all existing bookings.
OB upgrades on existing booking made on BA.com have been available for a while. The news is that it also applies to TA bookings.
Be aware that OB upgrade are not possible if you already upgraded one other leg with Avios.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
OB upgrades on existing booking made on BA.com have been available for a while. The news is that it also applies to TA bookings.
Be aware that OB upgrade are not possible if you already upgraded one other leg with Avios.
Thanks. What about upgrades the other way around, ie. booking a flight, upgrading one sector with OB and then another with Avios? Or is the restriction now that OB and Avios upgrades cannot be mixed on a booking. As I said before, I have previously (2017) booked a return flight, upgraded one direction on OB and the other on Avios. This was by telephone with the OB service centre all in a single call, although they did internally liaise with BAEC on the Avios part of the upgrade.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The T&Cs are set to change again, as earning on QR is soon to removed from the OnBusiness terms.

This was in the pipeline prior to my commenting about it, but they have relented I was correct.

The battle still rages regarding expired points.

M
The Battle of PointsGate has come to an end, and my expired points have been given back to me - meaning I can now book the trip I wanted.

BA accepted they were in the wrong, and in breach of the T&Cs, but I'm very grateful to the one person at OB who fought this for me - and she's probably delighted that she doesnt need to speak to me again!

M
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
The Battle of PointsGate has come to an end, and my expired points have been given back to me - meaning I can now book the trip I wanted.
Well done!
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold

BA accepted they were in the wrong, and in breach of the T&Cs, but I'm very grateful to the one person at OB who fought this for me - and she's probably delighted that she doesnt need to speak to me again!

M
I am in the same situation.
DId you recredited points get a new expiry date?
Did you just keep calling OB?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
I am in the same situation.
DId you recredited points get a new expiry date?
Did you just keep calling OB?
My expired points were given an extra 1 month validity, which is all I asked for - long enough for me to book my trip.

I made a note of the people I spoke to, and always asked for the same person. She was really excellent, and appreciated I was correct - despite her back office trying to tell her we were both wrong!

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.