Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by TomMM

We haven’t met so please make a normal appearance!
I make no promises.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by KARFA
Hope you can make it. We have been waiting for you

(Some posts don’t let me register a ‘like’ and I can never understand why.)
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother

(Some posts don’t let me register a ‘like’ and I can never understand why.)
I think there's an issue if you scroll backwards / forwards to a different page in a thread - try opening the thread at the right page to like the post and see if that fixes it.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Hope you can make it. We have been waiting for you
The real question, I think, will be whether or not Godot arrives at the DO

Last edited by squawk; Jul 6, 2018 at 4:41 am
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BA GGL
A possible from me. Depends on the state/scale of the demo really and what the Met do with the roads and stations.
cheers
S
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by snuffi
A possible from me. Depends on the state/scale of the demo really and what the Met do with the roads and stations.
cheers
S
If you're catching the tube, just get off at Lambeth North, short 10 min walk.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
I'll be there
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:51 am

Pre do meet up location

Morning all,

If any one finds themselves in London before the start time of 1830, a bunch of us are meeting at ALL BAR ONE WATERLOO (1-3 Chicheley St, SE1 7PY).
It's just a short walk away from the Do location, Waterloo station and Hiltons in the area (a map below).

All invited. If you're new, shy, unsure of the location, just need a drink(!!) etc. PM me and I'll give you my mobile number. Should be there for 5pm (if not earlier).

Looking forward to Friday
TPRun
Attached Images  
cgtechuk likes this.

Last edited by TPRun; Jul 9, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I am keeping myself on the potential list, and will convert to definite as soon as I can, but currently have some RFS seats booked for DME this friday and probably won't know until Thursday whether things are a goer for the football. Thanks
Cymro, Calchas and TPRun like this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Why anyone would go to Moscow when this is the last ever do at this location is beyond me
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'll be down on Friday.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
I am keeping myself on the potential list, and will convert to definite as soon as I can, but currently have some RFS seats booked for DME this friday and probably won't know until Thursday whether things are a goer for the football. Thanks
Simple solution - come to the DO, watch the football on TV, best of both worlds
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:44 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Petrus
What gives? Next Friday is my birthday. Would love to join however on vacation.
Please do raise a glass in honour of everyone's favourite moderator
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I take it you'll be sending some Pétrus for the benefit of those raising glasses anyway?
Originally Posted by Physci
Or better still, Petrus could just post his credit card details here so we can buy our own .....
I find myself in London next Friday ahead of a night in a Heathrow hotel before flying to Germany (nothing so glamorous as a World Cup Final - the best I can hope for a a couple of Norwich City pre-season friendlies!). I won’t arrive at Liverpool Street until about 9pm, and the venue’s another 30 minutes from there.

It might be a silly question, but are most people still likely to be around at that point if I pop in? And will there be some sort of storage for a small suitcase?

I’m afraid if it makes any difference, I don’t have Petrus’ credit card details, and nor is there a Mod team slush fund we can tap into ...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I find myself in London next Friday ahead of a night in a Heathrow hotel before flying to Germany (nothing so glamorous as a World Cup Final - the best I can hope for a a couple of Norwich City pre-season friendlies!). I won’t arrive at Liverpool Street until about 9pm, and the venue’s another 30 minutes from there.

It might be a silly question, but are most people still likely to be around at that point if I pop in? And will there be some sort of storage for a small suitcase?

I’m afraid if it makes any difference, I don’t have Petrus’ credit card details, and nor is there a Mod team slush fund we can tap into ...
Friday night in summer in this beautiful city, I'm certain some people will still be hanging around / on to the second location. Beats a night in a heathrow hotel (depends which one, I suppose...)
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by TPRun
Morning all,

If any one finds themselves in London before the start time of 1830, a bunch of us are meeting at ALL BAR ONE WATERLOO (1-3 Chicheley St, SE1 7PY).
It's just a short walk away from the Do location, Waterloo station and Hiltons in the area (a map below).

All invited. If you're new, shy, unsure of the location, just need a drink(!!) etc. PM me and I'll give you my mobile number.

Looking forward to Friday
TPRun
but what time will the pre drinks start? I can finish work by 3:30 on Fridays 😁

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.